2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant say I disagree with a lot of Broussards picks. I wouldnt give Ant Davis most improved though. We knew this was coming, everyone knew this was coming. Watching the #1 draft pick make the leap to stardom isnt as impressive as people who no one expected be stars getting there.

Last edited:
sad thing is, had they played. Pacer would have somehow lost :rofl:

they didnt want the media to crap on em if they played and lost :smh:

New Slam cover:
“I told Mustafa Shakur on our team, I said, I’m going for the win. He shook his head. Then I came down, shot it, and I looked over and started walking out. That was the best part of the night. Just to shut them up.” (Toronto game)
SLAM: What are your thoughts on Greivis’ comment about you being “like Jesus in this League”?

KD:  Man, if I’m going to be like Jesus, I going to fail miserably at everything [laughs]. I wouldn’t call it that. I had Jesus on my side, I can say that. But anything close to that, it won’t happen. But to hear my peers speak about me that way, that respect factor, as a competitor, that’s one of the best things you can get. I feel as though I have a long ways to go, and I’m not where I want to be. That’s the best part about it. Knowing that I can keep growing and keep getting better from where I am now.
SLAM: What would an MVP mean to you?

KD:  If you ask any player in this League if they had an opportunity to get an individual award, if they care about it, they would say, Yeah. Just because at one point, every player in this League was the best player on their team. So you care about those individual accolades, and your peers telling you you’re a good player and being recognized as a good player. A lot of guys love winning too, but those individual accolades is kind of like a cherry on the top. And that would definitely be it for me.

I love everything about the team concept. I love cheering for my teammates. I love sacrificing my body for them, playing hard for them. If you win basketball games, that stuff comes with it—the accolades. It would definitely feel great to win my first MVP, but if I think about it every single day, then that takes my focus off the group. If you win, then all that stuff comes with it. And for us to win, I have to be the best teammate I can be and come to work every single day and play as hard as I can. Everything else is going to happen. I can live with whatever happens after that.
http://www.slamonline.com/online/the-magazine/toc/2014/04/kevin-durant-slam-magazine-cover/

Julius F. Wrek

The playoffs don't start for another 10 days. Y'all turning it up already? 
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Just wait til the playoffs to see how bad it gets
I know how bad it gets, I've been lurking during the playoffs for a bit now. Things get seriously out of hand 
laugh.gif

I absolutely LOVE The Lakers and Knicks thread, i mean every day i just go in there and read the meltdowns the fans have, it is hilarious, and so entertaining. I LOVE IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom