2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyrie doesn't have Gil's physical tools though. Gilbert was bigger, stronger, more explosive.. he was Harden before Harden, getting to the line 10 times a night at his peak

I don't see Irving ever being that super explosive guy who can carry an elite team with his scoring, but I also don't really see him becoming a passing pg who can run an efficient offense. He'll be a great player no doubt, but you're always gonna have problems integrating a point guard like that into a team concept

Also like Arenas, Kyrie has zero interest in playing defense which can be infuriating watching a guy give up as many points as he scores

Yea it basically cancels out your scoring if your man is putting up the same numbers.

You're right Gil was the better physical specimen all Kyrie can do is improve on what he has, he's not going to be Wall/Westbrook level.

Always like Gil but it appears he gets a pass on NT, according to the tough standards we hold guys too now he really didnt do a damn thing.

I don't see Irving ever being that super explosive guy who can carry an elite team with his scoring, but I also don't really see him becoming a passing pg who can run an efficient offense. He'll be a great player no doubt, but you're always gonna have problems integrating a point guard like that into a team concept
Why can't he score and run an efficient offense? And it's never hard to integrate a good 3 point shooting point guard into a team concept, especially when he has one of the most elite handles in the game. I think Kyrie could be plugged into any elite team in need of a point guard and fit in perfectly.

What you mean to say is that he could never be #1 option on an elite team, which I think is true. He needs someone as good or better than him on his team.

Always like Gil but it appears he gets a pass on NT, according to the tough standards we hold guys too now he really didnt do a damn thing.

he doesnt get a pass, he hasnt done anything. he was an elite talent player and his career was cut short. not really to write home about other than a few of his prime seasons where he was really fun to watch

he doesnt get a pass, he hasnt done anything. he was an elite talent player and his career was cut short. not really to write home about other than a few of his prime seasons where he was really fun to watch

He does imo, him and every other injured player whose career was cut short.....like a dead relative people only remember the good things :lol:

Its not like he had an elite team or amazing talent. He had a decent team and made the playoffs a few times. both were cut short because of Lebron. If they didnt have to play the cavs who knows what could have happened. They wouldnt get to the finals but 2nd round maybe ECF.

Rose got a better case tho that MVP holds major weight, haven't they all entered the HOF ?

Voters were made at LB. Lets really be serious now

I just asked if all MVP's entered the hall I think that's a yes or no question.

Same way Nash didnt deserve back to back but last I checked they're still keeping the trophies, I'm not even a big Rosé fan I'm just saying his case for legendary status is already ahead of Gilbert.

If D-Roses career continues to go the way its going he wont see the HoF. I hope that isnt the case though, but the MVP alone wont be enough to put him there

Not getting trolled this time.
laugh.gif
Tell me how im lying. Gilbert is and always will be better than d rose.

Never said it would, only that it puts him ahead of Gilbert already was the only point I was trying to make.

Seriously tho, will he be the only winner who doesn't make it in the hall of fame ?

Never said it would, only that it puts him ahead of Gilbert already was the only point I was trying to make.

Seriously tho, will he be the only winner who doesn't make it in the hall of fame ?
Yes he would be. Everyone who has a MVP is a hall of famer, aside from the recent winners (2000-Present) who are all locks. The MVP award is the most consistent award in terms of hall of fame potential 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom