2013-2014 NBA Thread - IND @ WAS and OKC @ LAC on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I know you just did not bring up coaching in regards to KD :lol:

He succeeds in spite of Brooks, not because of him.

He's been the same since Denver

That's not true. When he had an elite sidekick he averaged over 4 assist a game which compare favorably to what Durant is doing now from an assist stand point. The notion that Melo is just a flat out ballhog has always been overblown to me, for some time now.

That's not true. When he had an elite sidekick he averaged over 4 assist a game which compare favorably to what Durant is doing now from an assist stand point. The notion that Melo is just a flat out ballhog has always been overblown to me, for some time now.
Again, assists don't say anything. Plus, 4 assists isn't anything to boast about. Iverson was the ultimate ball stopper and he racked up assists. It doesn't take a facilitator to rack up assists. You can hold the ball the entire shot clock and then pass at the last second and get an assist.

Carmelo has the taklent to be a good distributor and passer, he has courtvision, in fact Mike D'antomi tried to utilize that skill set makking stay at the thee working him in more pick and rolls, from the and the side.

How'd that work out?

Melo in his whole career has showed NO INTEREST in utilizing that skill.

He's much rather go jab step take one dribble and shoot pull ups, its like Marlo from the wire, "You want it to be one way, You want it to be one way....problem is, it's the OTHER way"

He's not about playing winning basketball.

Last edited:
While Brooks we all know makes some very irrational and questionable coaching decisions, he does put Durant in awesome positions to score within the flow of the offense. That and the fact that he has other threats out there on the floor cannot be understated.

Man Rudy and Boogie being hurt is such a buzzkill. Was my favorite team in the L to watch this year man |I

The only difference between Melo and Durant is Durant is alot more efficient.

When its all said and done KD may go down as the greatest perimeter scorer to ever live and on the planet earth, to say he's a lot more efficient than melo is an understatement. :lol:

Also: defense, passing

Last edited:

That's because

1) Durant is a flat out better shooter

2) He's playing with more threats on the floor which allows for better spacing and easier scoring opportunities.

Melo had threats in Denver and he still wasn't that efficient. Durant just plays a smarter game.

Simple-minded in my opinion. Very shortsighted.

Explain.

you know how people were telling people to stop saying "lebron might go down as the greatest player ever" back in his cavs days?

the same applies to saying durant "might be the greatest scorer of all time" in his 7th season 

Melo had threats in Denver and he still wasn't that efficient. Durant just plays a smarter game.

I'm not saying Durant isn't a ways more efficient than Melo, He is. But to be fair, in Melo's time in Denver the only time he played with a Westbrook-esque player was AI and during that span he was upwards of 48% overall from the field. Is that Durant efficient? No but that isn't bad at all or inefficient.

Durant can score within the structure of an offense and doesn't need to stop the basketball to get points. He has a team first mentality unlike Anthony. Anthony may be more versatile scorer but that doesn't mean he's a better scorer.

I thought this Melo vs. Durant thing died years ago. 
laugh.gif

Durant can score within the structure of an offense and doesn't need to stop the basketball to get points. He has a team first mentality unlike Anthony. Anthony may be more versatile scorer but that doesn't mean he's a better scorer.
to be fair, getting melo the ball in iso situations 3 feet in from the 3pt line IS the knicks offensive structure 

Don't think anyone is saying Melo is a better scorer than durant either.

melo averages 71.1 touches per game and 3.5 min of time with ball

KD averages 66.2 touches and 3.2 min with ball

melo averages 2.95 seconds a touch and KD averages 2.9 seconds a touch

melo averages 71.1 touches per game and 3.5 min of time with ball

KD averages 66.2 touches and 3.2 min with ball

melo averages 2.95 seconds a touch and KD averages 2.9 seconds a touch
Good reference would be that ball-hog list Insider did a while back.  I had posted it.  Was pretty cool info.

If you're starting a franchise are you taking KD or Melo?

Not much more to say after that

I don't even get the point of this post :lol: like I said no one is saying that Melo is the better player so your question is a rather Moot point. This isn't about who's the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom