2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
do u know how long its been since i read the first amendment?

Reading the First Amendment isn't going to help, because 225 years of the Supreme Court interpreting that amendment is what we're really talking about here (and I have zero faith in you brushing up on that). But here's a quick primer for you: Hate speech is protected by the Constitution. It's why the KKK can hold public rallies. It's why the Westboro Baptist Church can stage their dumb "protests". Now, the cool thing about the First Amendment is that you don't have to agree with the message that these hate groups are preaching. Also, just because you disagree with them, doesn't mean they can be punished on a city, state, or federal level, just because they offended you.

In other words, the law essentially respects peoples' right to an opinion. It's not a matter of right or wrong, or whether or not a majority of the public agrees or disagrees.

That being said, speech is NOT protected when it comes to the private sector (the NBA) or the court of public opinion (that's not a real court, just so we're clear). Donald Sterling can say whatever the hell he wants, and to anyone. However, if those comments become public (whether or not the recording was obtained legally doesn't matter, as the recordings aren't being used as evidence against him in a court of law), then he is subject to the consequences as determined by the business whose bylaws he agreed to.

Court of people's opinion is not a real court. Lets just be clear on that. 
indifferent.gif

btw Spurs :pimp:

i feel you antidope antidope :nthat:
Zyzz brah :pimp:

[thread="593997"]Pop with the nasty[/thread]
[thread="593997"] [/thread]

Julius F. Wrek
Breh I was dying when this happened. He's a crazy person when he's out there.

It probably won't happen but I would like to see Indy pull it out today. I totally agree with what @imlive365 said though, say it all the time, when it comes to my team I don't want to see the series go the distance.

Paul George isn't doing what he did Wednesday, but I still think they have a shot. I know he won't do it but I would like to see a Scola West pairing a lot during the game. They need the offense and the spacing and Hibbert did Hibbert.

btw Spurs
pimp.gif

i feel you @Antidope
nthat.gif
Zyzz brah
pimp.gif
[thread="593997"]2013 2014 Nba Playoffs Thread Okc Sas Game 5 9/10460_20#post_20751148​[/thread]
[thread="593997"]2013 2014 Nba Playoffs Thread Okc Sas Game 5 9/10460_20#post_20751148​[/thread]

Julius F. Wrek
Breh I was dying when this happened. He's a crazy person when he's out there.

It probably won't happen but I would like to see Indy pull it out today. I totally agree with what @imlive365 said though, say it all the time, when it comes to my team I don't want to see the series go the distance.

Paul George isn't doing what he did Wednesday, but I still think they have a shot. I know he won't do it but I would like to see a Scola West pairing a lot during the game. They need the offense and the spacing and Hibbert did Hibbert.
Been saying this for the longest time.

They need to just get Hibbert out of there. He doesn't rebound or do anything on offense because he is scared. He is so nervous out there I can hear his heart beating. Scola needs to be out there. I understand the defense part and size part but they need to try this out.

All them folks that had something to say when I said the Clippers will go to Seattle where are you? They're getting sold to the dude that wanted to bring the Kings to Seattle. Wait and see.

All them folks that had something to say when I said the Clippers will go to Seattle where are you? They're getting sold to the dude that wanted to bring the Kings to Seattle. Wait and see.

League wont let that happen.

That isnt sacramento were talking about los **** angeles that team aint going nowhere

And what the **** is up with these automatic playing videos in here? Anyway i can stop that **** from happening?

Win or lose tonight, this Indiana team has to be getting blown up during the off-season. Whatever unity they had last year can't be reached again. Too many clowns who want to be ringleaders on that squad.

They'll lose Lance.

Who takes Roy?

What do you do at the 1?

Fire Vogel?

I think they bring it back to Indy after tonight but that's just me. But, unless they win the title, a lot of things need to be addressed.

Win or lose tonight, this Indiana team has to be getting blown up during the off-season. Whatever unity they had last year can't be reached again. Too many clowns who want to be ringleaders on that squad.

So if they win tonight and win on Sunday, they still should be blown up? It really has more to do with PG not being able to keep his **** in his pants than anything. Miami is only getting older, the east is so terrible even with George Hill being the worst starting PG in the league they should be a lock for the ECF for the foreseeable future unless the Bulls pick up Melo and Rose's knees aren't made of pixie dust anymore.

Seems to me they are stuck with George hill and his contract. I don't know if they want to or if they can move Hibbert.

Most importantly, they need a point guard

A point guard who can create something, a 3 point shooter, and someone to replace Lance and possibly Roy Hibbert

Easier said than done.

Ramona Shelburne [emoji]10004[/emoji] @ramonashelburne
Follow

Stop with relocation talk. The Clippers have 9 more years on their lease w/ Staples & Ballmer has said moving would devalue the franchise

Let's say by some chance they pull off a miracle and actually get past Miami. I still don't think that justifies keeping them together. They are just way too volatile to keep intact. Is the hope of remaining a high level treadmill team really worth it? I don't think so. Whatever cohesiveness that remains will just continue to dwindle with them constantly throwing each other under the bus and slowly tuning Vogel out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom