2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver had a press conference today,

I missed it.

Though I believe that KD is mentioned for the fact of how inclusive his MVP speech was, while Sterling's words and actions were not.

Edit: got this from a friend
He was quoting KD's MVP speech where he said that he wasn't supposed to be here 
Julius F. Wrek

Last edited:
They left off Yolo Bynum
laugh.gif
Didnt they drop bynum last round. 
roll.gif

"Aaron Gordon is 18 years old right now. What do you do about him? Does he have to go to school 4 years until he gets 20 years old?"

Jalen Rose

Silver's full quote on that
“Your question makes me think of Kevin Durant‘s MVP speech,” Silver said. “I remember at one point Kevin Durant says, really in addressing his mother who was sitting in the audience at the end of the speech, I’m paraphrasing, I think, but he said something like, Mom, we weren’t supposed to be here. The deck was stacked against us. I get choked up a little bit just remembering watching him give that speech, and I think Kevin Durant as our most valuable player embodies what this league is all about, and frankly, Mr. Sterling doesn’t.”

I was starting to like Silver until this today:
@mcten Adam Silver says that the fact that IND/MIA/SAS/OKC are all smaller market teams is proof that the new CBA is working.
All four teams' core were put together during the previous CBA. The Thunder had to trade away Harden to avoid the luxury tax, the Heat can't upgrade their bench because of the luxury tax and the Pacer may very well lose Stephenson due to the luxury tax.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom