2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
8th seed would be an improvement. :lol: But seriously need be in the same position as Minny, Boston is a larger market, but FAs exactly don't knock down the door to come their either.

Last edited:
Kevin Love needs a Pau Gasol role on the 2 peat Lakers squad

Making him a 1st option will get you nowhere

I think some of y'all are seeing it the wrong way. A player as talented offensively as Love can DEFINITELY be the 1st option on a playoff team, the problem is his defense, which you can amend by sticking a rim protector next to him. You know someone like, oh I don't know, Andrew Bogut?

Him not making the playoffs is bigger than just him, Wolves were decimated by terrible management, injuries and mediocre coaching.

But yea lets go ahead and compare him to Lebron as if he's not perhaps the greatest talent the game has seen. :lol:

& Melo's Denver rosters were all better than the Wolves that Love has been playing with, even his Rookie year. Not like Melo has won anything significant in the playoffs anyway, both of those comparisons are stupid and I usually like Isola.

Last edited:
man why is this game starting at 9 SMH

i wanna watch some basketball already

Kevin is a fine 1st option. The problem with min was there wasn't a 2nd 3rd 4th............. It was all him

The biggest gamble of trading for love is him leaving. You think if Boston gives up the world for him, he goes through one bad season, he won't leave?

If he's smart, he's tagging up with a stacked roster with promise. Not a roster with a ton of cap room and "has potential to lure other stars". No point in going somewhere to lure stars when you can be the star being lured.

I love me some love, but there's realistically 2 maybe 3 number one options in the league that can carry you to the playoffs regardless, and he's not one of them.

Kevin is a fine 1st option. The problem with min was there wasn't a 2nd 3rd 4th............. It was all him

They have a PG who can't shoot from literally anywhere on the court except the right arc 3 which he barely shot.

Their next best offensive player was ******* Kevin Martin. :lol:

The biggest gamble of trading for love is him leaving. You think if Boston gives up the world for him, he goes through one bad season, he won't leave?

If he's smart, he's tagging up with a stacked roster with promise. Not a roster with a ton of cap room and "has potential to lure other stars". No point in going somewhere to lure stars when you can be the star being lured.

Oakland is calling....

I don't think any deal gets done unless Love extends up front.

After seeing Dwight walk, I doubt any team will take the risk we did and let Love walk away. He'll have to agree to an extension prior to a trade being finalized.

Oakland is calling....

So give up Barnes klay and Lee? For one, why would Minnesota want either of those guys? Wouldn't Minnesota just let him walk and reshape the roster as they please instead of being tied to guys in a trade?

After seeing Dwight walk, I doubt any team will take the risk we did and let Love walk away. He'll have to agree to an extension prior to a trade being finalized.
He can agree not to opt out next summer like Chris Paul did with the Clippers.

****, I would take Barnes and Klay for Love if I knew he was gonna leave anyways.

And if Lee is in there too, even better.

(I think that's a bit steep for GS tho, doubt all 3 are the package)

$10 million trade exception, Avery Bradley sign & trade, cap room to take on a bad contract, Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk.

And the picks can't be scoffed at. I don't know what GS situation is but Boston has potentially TEN 1st rounders in the next 5 years to play around with. Also the right to swap with Brooklyn in 2017.

Celtics have way more than enough.

Agree with that, but that won't matter if what Woj is saying is true (Love is warming up to a Celtics trade).
So you give up Bradley, Sully and the lottery pick, what the hell is left on that team? Jeff Green and Rondo?
laugh.gif

I love Green but he doesn't even wanna be great, Rondo still has greatness in him but many a flaw, like not being able to shoot the ball at all and stat padding instead of playing to win at times.

Plus giving away Bradley brings them from a mediocre defensive team to a bad one.

Didn't Love say he wants to win? That Boston team sounding like an 8th seed unless you're beating on other FA's to come play with Love/Rondo.
My only point was Boston could easily put up a better package than Golden State if they choose to, and if Woj is right, they're one of the few teams that K Love might OK a trade.

I was only throwing out all that **** since you asked for everything but the draft picks.
laugh.gif
They could use half of that and still trade for him.

Another thing to consider...the Celtics owner is on record saying he expects "fireworks" during this offseason. He's implied they don't want to go through another tanking losing season. That might not make sense to outsiders but there is motivation to get better sooner rather than later.

That's why tomorrow's lottery is huge for the Celtics future (duh). They've given no indication of this...but if they're in love with one of those guys and they manage to land at a good spot...that might be the difference between going all in this summer or waiting one more year.

Last edited:

He can agree not to opt out next summer like Chris Paul did with the Clippers.

That's binding? Not like the Boozer move from Cleveland?

So give up Barnes klay and Lee? For one, why would Minnesota want either of those guys? Wouldn't Minnesota just let him walk and reshape the roster as they please instead of being tied to guys in a trade?

We'll see, Lee is still a serviceable PF, Klay is a great shooter and good defender and Barnes shows flashes and is still a baby on a rookie deal.

They could let him walk and have the worse season imaginable full of media scrums and the whole nine.

They're going to have to reshape their roster through the draft because no FA's worth anything or going to Minny, beggars can't be choosers b.

Bass, Sullinger, Bogans (non-guaranteed contract) and two first round draft picks (this year's Celtics and the Nets 2016) is "fair" (anytime you trade a top ten player, you're losing) if Love agrees not to opt out next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom