2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
@wojYahooNBA: Kevin Ollie has reached a $3 million annual contract extention at UConn spurning the NBA sources tell Yahoo Sports

Last edited:
Kevin Ollie has reached a $3 million annual contract extention at UConn spurning the NBA
Like I said in the Lakers thread: honestly, if I were him, considering he had instant success (literally), I'd stay set for as long as they'd have me.

Go the Dean Smith/Coach K route. Settle in. Call it a career after a couple decades. I'd never think "What about NBA, though?" if I were successful in the NCAA right off the bat.

@wojYahooNBA: Kevin Ollie has reached a $3 million annual contract extention at UConn spurning the NBA sources tell Yahoo Sports
xU8QZsW.gif

Steven Adams:

"And one, *****",  a 17-year-old Adams whispered under his breath to grizzled veteran Casey Frank during an intense practice session for Wellington Saints three years ago. The rookie Adams had just gone up for a dunk. Frank attempted to foul him. Hard. Adams barely even blinked. The "and one" call was a reference to the fact that, had it been a proper game, Adams would have been shooting a free throw to go with the two points for the bucket. It was the basketball equivalent of "in your face". Frank was enraged.

"I just got so freakin' mad," recalls Frank. "I started yelling at him and I kicked him in the leg. He just kept running like nothing had happened. He still does that every day. That's the kind of temperament he has. The way he plays, you'd expect some aggression or emotion with it, but he is just deadpan. He comes out there and does his work and is just grinding on you play after play."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11256408

laugh.gif

Julius F. Wrek

I'm telling you Adams is a cyborg man, you can't get punched/elbowed in the face and your expression doesn't change at all.

Steven Adams:

"And one, *****",
 a 17-year-old Adams whispered under his breath to grizzled veteran Casey Frank during an intense practice session for Wellington Saints three years ago. The rookie Adams had just gone up for a dunk. Frank attempted to foul him. Hard. Adams barely even blinked. The "and one" call was a reference to the fact that, had it been a proper game, Adams would have been shooting a free throw to go with the two points for the bucket. It was the basketball equivalent of "in your face". Frank was enraged.

"I just got so freakin' mad," recalls Frank. "I started yelling at him and I kicked him in the leg. He just kept running like nothing had happened. He still does that every day. That's the kind of temperament he has. The way he plays, you'd expect some aggression or emotion with it, but he is just deadpan. He comes out there and does his work and is just grinding on you play after play."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11256408

:lol:

Julius F. Wrek
"You got blocked bish!!!"
*Zach Randolph intensifies
zach-randolph-1.gif

Yo bhzmafia14 bhzmafia14 what's going on in Memphis?

Pera too domineering?

From my understanding, View media item 979403
Cliff notes:
- something went down between Pera and either Lash (Asst. GM)
- The guy Mincberg wants more control in the front office as well
- Pera had fired Lash (I believe) and since that was a good friend of Levien, he resigned because of it
- For those that don't know, Levien is primarily the guy that ran the Grizz bball operations since the new management took over. NOT Pera or Hollinger
- now, everyone is panicking because Levien has built the relationships with the other shareholders with the Grizz, the players and coaches
- as of now, Chris Wallace, will be the interim GM/VP of operations, who was pretty much sitting in the background since new mgmt took over
- joerger will remain the coach for now and no one knows what hollinger will do yet

No one exactly knows what happened between Pera and the rest of management, but it came from nowhere.

Is it true they are considering bring back Lionel Hollins? Was just reading some tweets from insiders.

I'm trading David Lee/Harrison Barnes and maybe a pick for Love if I'm GS.
there's no way that it will only take that little to get Love, unless the wolves are as stupid as everybody thinks. i'm thinking the dubs would have to at least give up klay, lee and picks

there's no way that it will only take that little to get Love, unless the wolves are as stupid as everybody thinks. i'm thinking the dubs would have to at least give up klay, lee and picks

:lol: as if there are other teams who could put together a better package while still being a place where he would sign an extension.

Unless they're just going to let him walk, which would be a real Wolves-Kahn era thing to do.

No way in hell I'd give up Klay, Barnes is enough he's still young and has upside.

Last edited:
Is it true they are considering bring back Lionel Hollins? Was just reading some tweets from insiders.

Nope. Lionel don't even want to work for Pera anymore, anyways lol.

I saw something about Thibs and Calipari, but I don't believe it. I think everyone is safe for now unless Joerger or Hollinger decides to resign. I'm hoping Pera wants a faster, more uptempo team and Levien wanted to stick with the "grit n grind" mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom