2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say lebron reached his peak, he wont get any better but i dont see him falling off for another 4-5 yrs

The way he can get to the rim if he can become a dead eye shooter....

Would be scary...would be...

Allen n battier are on there last legs
Interested to see how things go these next years

Last edited:
The way he can get to the rim if he can become a dead eye shooter....

Would be scary...would be...

Allen n battier are on there last legs
Interested to see how things go these next years

Battier said something along the lines of "barring an act of god, I will retire this season". So it's safe to assume he's gone after this one

Did anyone else see the graphic yesterday (I think it was on Sportsnation) where it was comparing the parity in the NHL, MLB, and NFL with the disparity in the NBA. The contrast was pretty stark. I think like 8 teams out of 30 have won a chip in the past 30 years in the NBA.

Last edited:
Means nothing.

This is basketball, not tennis.

The ghost that he's chasing legacy wise, y'know that guy #23, Michael Jordan? Well he didn't lose any NBA finals series. That's not hear say, we have footage. We have people who witnessed these games and witnessed him play. If you're one of those people then you know that it's not possible for lebron to be THE greatest, just one of.

did Jordan only play in the NBA 6 years? Who cares then

Listening to Mike and Mike and how is Jordan STILL people's most favorite athlete? I can see how, but he's not even playing. That's crazy.

Question would Russ break 40% sh
Means nothing.

This is basketball, not tennis.

The ghost that he's chasing legacy wise, y'know that guy #23, Michael Jordan? Well he didn't lose any NBA finals series. That's not hear say, we have footage. We have people who witnessed these games and witnessed him play. If you're one of those people then you know that it's not possible for lebron to be THE greatest, just one of.

did Jordan only play in the NBA 6 years? Who cares then

Never understood how you can knock somebody for making the Finals.

Like would dude have been more accomplished losing in the ECFs those years? **** don't make sense.

Last edited:
Listening to Mike and Mike and how is Jordan STILL people's most favorite athlete? I can see how, but he's not even playing. That's crazy.

legends never die

David Robinson on mike n mike goin hard for the spurs

I wish mike would of stuck around been cool with chi like that but I understand why he didn't

Last edited:

legends never die

David Robinson on mike n mike goin hard for the spurs

I wish mike would of stuck around been cool with chi like that but I understand why he didn't
True, but it speaks to him being a legend among legends I guess. MJ didn't stick around because he tolerated management, but it wasn't the best of relationships. The winning masked a lot. He wasn't particularly fond of Krause when he was GM either.

Yeah I no I just wished that wasn't.the case..

You know Mike has actually took melo to his house 4AM type ish and taught him how to work magic offensivly..
Perks of signing for jb I guess but he probly saw something in melo

Just wish D. got some of that schooling
The man still means so much to this city but has nothing to do with it
Besides a very nice steakhouse

Last edited:
^ maybe just a JB thing.

Just starting to realize that this is it for the NBA. I hate this time of year. To make matters worse, I think they're switching the playoffs coverage team from Steele, Rose, Collins, and Simmons to Turico, Legler, and Bowen. I hope this isn't the case. Please no. I yelled at my tv when I saw them last night. 

Not looking past the Finals, but breakout players for 2014-2015:
Tony Snell, "Greek Freak," Trey Burke, Vic Oladipo. Cody Zeller.

I would like to see Dwade take the front seat go off this series on his own..

Would be something to see

Manu going to.make it or break it this series...

Lol greek freak hes Nigeria born in greece..but yeah hes goin places

Tony Snell well see I have a feeling bout that kid I hope I'm right

Oladipo is my favorite he will be a star later down the line
that kid can ball

Last edited:
If the Wolves won't accept the #6 and #17 pick, Brooklyn's future picks, Jeff Green and Jared Sullinger just for Love they are ******* stupid and deserve to rot.

Not looking past the Finals, but breakout players for 2014-2015:
Tony Snell, "Greek Freak," Trey Burke, Vic Oladipo. Cody Zeller.
Can't front, I ignored the "Greek Freak" and I saw him play. He has raw talent right now and is really athletic. It'll be interesting how he will continue to develop. He has to get off the Bucks though. I think Plumlee on the Nets should be included too. Coming out of Duke, I thought he'd be like every other Dookie in the L, but he has a lot of promise, and to think he has another big man that's good to help him out. 

Last edited:
:smh: at another insecure Kobe fan. Tired of you dudes hella downplaying pau like he was just some chuck Hayes type player. Dude made one all star prior cause he was in the west going against the goat pf, kg, dirk, etc. He was in The conference you Lebron haters talk about is so great and difficult so stop fronting like Chris bosh's numerous all star appearances were the same situations.

Secondly, pau led that sorry team to the playoffs by himself. He didn't have any other top player in this tough western conference you dudes love to big up whenever bringing lebron's "easy" east competition down.

Third, your boy Kobe would've been gone if he "had the power aka free agency" too so stop fronting. Dude lucked out with grabbing another franchises top player without even having to give up their second best player(Lamar odom at the time)

Oh really, the word superstar was used initially when Pau Gasol was mentioned earlier, that's my issue. He wasn't a superstar when the Lakers got him, as was touted earlier in the thread. Oh he was going against Tim, KG, Dirk and couldn't make the All-Star team? During that time, Peja, AK47, Rashard Lewis, Shawn Marion all make the all star games as reserves. Superstar Pau Gasol, really? 3 straight trips to the playoffs and not even a single game won, not a game.

Kobe had a bunch of scrubs (at least as bad as what Pau had in Memphis) for 2 years during his prime and won 4 playoff games (as 7 and 8 seeds). A superstar can get you a single game even if in the long run a team is overmatched. Hell Bosh won a game in the playoffs in Toronto. And it's not like Memphis was the 8 seed every year they got there either (6 seed and a 5 seed).

Kobe was a superstar, Pau was not. And it's stupid to compare him to a D-Wade. He was at best what Chris Bosh was in Toronto and to my knowledge he was never a superstar.

Apparently Skip Bayless has Maxximus and a bunch of other NTers standing behind him in the background looking like puppets. "Lebron James should thank god that Ray Allen bailed him out." :rofl: :rofl:

Oh really, the word superstar was used initially when Pau Gasol was mentioned earlier, that's my issue. He wasn't a superstar when the Lakers got him, as was touted earlier in the thread. Oh he was going against Tim, KG, Dirk and couldn't make the All-Star team? During that time, Peja, AK47, Rashard Lewis, Shawn Marion all make the all star games as reserves. Superstar Pau Gasol, really? 3 straight trips to the playoffs and not even a single game won, not a game.

Kobe had a bunch of scrubs (at least as bad as what Pau had in Memphis) for 2 years during his prime and won 4 playoff games (as 7 and 8 seeds). A superstar can get you a single game even if in the long run a team is overmatched. Hell Bosh won a game in the playoffs in Toronto. And it's not like Memphis was the 8 seed every year they got there either (6 seed and a 5 seed).

Kobe was a superstar, Pau was not. And it's stupid to compare him to a D-Wade. He was at best what Chris Bosh was in Toronto and to my knowledge he was never a superstar.

Stop trying to discredit Pau to prop up Kobe. Typing on mobile things get overlooked and superstar was the wrong choice of word. But at the end of the day Pau Gasol was one of the top big men in the game, All Star appearances or not.

If the Wolves won't accept the #6 and #17 pick, Brooklyn's future picks, Jeff Green and Jared Sullinger just for Love they are ******* stupid and deserve to rot.
If true, that's a substantial haul for a franchise player that reportedly doesn't want to be the cornerstone of the Timberwolves.

Perhaps a win-win obviously depending how well Minnesota does with those hypothetical three first-rounders in a draft class perceived as loaded, especially at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom