2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Maxximus1, when the Bulls grabbed Rodman, you protested right?

"No! Too much talent!", right?

"We have Michael... AND Phil... AANND Scottie already. And now RODMAN?! STOP IT, KRAUSE!"

Right?

As someone whose age has allowed me to see a lot of the greats going all the way back to the early 80s.
I can clearly proclaim LeBron will be considered the best ever.
Whether he deserves the crown of best ever is highly debatable, but his resume will provide a strong argument.
5 finals appearances in 8yrs and possibly three titles. The greatest finals game 7 in NBA history. 4 time MVP, limitless talent, and the potential to win several more before he retires. When LeBron makes 50 foot bounce passes off the dribble between two defenders to a teammate sprinting down the court, and the ball leads right to the rim for an easy lay up, it makes him look more skilled than MJ.
Flip the coin and you've got a young MJ dropping 63 on the mighty Celtics. A few years later taking out the Bad Boys on the way to destroying an old Lakers team to win his first title. Retire after winning two more titles. Come back and get handled by a young Orlando team (which I believe saved MJ from his first Finals defeat because the Rockets would have killed the Bulls). 72-10 and three more titles capped off what should have been the end, but he couldn't stay away and still put up decent numbers during his last hoorah.

Magic Johnson said LeBron would go down as the greatest of all time. It's going to be hard to dispute that if he beats a dynasty like the Spurs twice and goes on to win several more titles.

I haven't been in here much lately but I heard somewhere else the Celtics are apparently trying to have a lineup of Rondo-Bradley-Hayward-Love-Asik next year.....I like that squad a lot depending on their bench.

I haven't been in here much lately but I heard somewhere else the Celtics are apparently trying to have a lineup of Rondo-Bradley-Hayward-Love-Asik next year.....I like that squad a lot depending on their bench.

Still not better than the Pacers :lol:

As a Knicks fan the last thing I want is the Celtics to be relevant again :lol:

But that starting 5 could be a good team. Rondo & Love would work well together.

Stop comparing the Celtics to the heat how many times do we have to go thru this.

I wish kobe , t Mac would've went to Minny with kg all in their primes. AI should've hit up dirk and VC they could've for sure made some noise in the east. I for the life of me don't get why MJ, Malone and Chuck didn't get together and demolish the league. Can u imagine how many rings they could've won? All in their primes

But the only reason there is a Lebron Wade and Bosh team, is because of the Celtics. Don't say stop comparing, when they are the soul reason Lebron decided to do this. it was because He could get past them by himself.

The news came on after the Rangers game and the guy who stabbed the children (including Taj's cousin) was caught.

@Maxximus1, when the Bulls grabbed Rodman, you protested right?

"No! Too much talent!", right?

"We have Michael... AND Phil... AANND Scottie already. And now RODMAN?! STOP IT, KRAUSE!"

Right?
eek.gif

No response yet from Maxximus yet. Seeing him post in other threads (namely General forum), he comes off as someone who believes in the free market and maximizing one's opportunities in life yet he shoots down someone like LeBron who did the very same thing. I wish someone would write an academic paper or a social psychology report on why fans expect so much with celebrities, especially professional athletes, when we all know that if we were living in Cleveland and had a chance to join a winning organization and play with 2 of our closest friends and move to an exponentially better city, we would move in a heartbeat...  Like, do people really expect someone to stay in the city/state they grew up and somehow lead their city to 'victory' (LOL IT DOESNT EVEN SOUND RIGHT WHEN I TYPE IT). ****.

Like how much obvious is it that  if Maxximus grew up in South Beach and lived there during The Decision, we'd have one less troll in this forum right now? He'd be in here talking about Heat dynasty this, LeBron that. 

I'd take LeBron over MJ because of the physical gifts and the obvious advantages they present. It's no knock on Barry, but give me Peterson. No knock on Rice, but give me Megatron. Bob Cousy trying to guard Russell Westbrook? ::Insert 18238213471273 laughing emojis:: 

Lebron the greatest of all time? I'm sorry, he's lost 2 NBA finals.

Magic has been slurping lebron heavy for the past couple years. He got that hate in his heart from the '91 finals and has a hard time concealing it sometimes :smh:

Last edited:
Lebron the greatest of all time? I'm sorry, he's lost 2 NBA finals.

Magic has been slurping lebron heavy for the past couple years. He got that hate in his heart from the '91 finals and has a hard time concealing it sometimes :smh:

And see people always resort to this, always saying somebody is hating when they give props to lebron. It was like this when Pippen said Lebron was better than Jordan, and now you're saying it with magic. dude just let it go. let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom