2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
except for all the times when it doesn't.

KG's celtics beat a the superior offense Lakers.

Ben Wallace Pistons defeated the superior offence lakers.

D-Wades heat beat the supuerior offence, dallas.

ect ect ect,

cliches aren't actual arguments they aren't even true half the time.

Is this English?

Last edited:
either you understand what i wrote or you didn't.

if your only response is to spell check a Internet forum post, just spare us.

Relax....

In response, those teams were all great collectively as a unit.

As I mentioned previously, team defense is more valued than individual defense.

Last edited:
I don't think you are getting it.The "difficulty" that they have faced this year is completely subjective because 1) Those were some really good teams that the Thunder had to face and 2) They got past both the Grizzlies and the Clippers ( :frown: ) so it really doesn't matter how "difficult" the route is, as long as they get through it. Phil Jackson the MVP on a 67 win team and almost lost in the first round in 00' then almost blew a 3-1 lead in the WCF of that same year. But does that matter? No because they got through it. Until Brooks starts underachieving then we can talk about his ineptness as a coach.

Like I've said before, when you are constantly getting to the WCF, and challenging for the NBA Finals, winning almost 60 games year in and year out, there's not much more you can do other than win it all every year. If the Thunder had a different coach on hand, what do you think the Thunder's success would be? Like how much better would they be? If they get past the Spurs this year, that'll put them in the finals...again. So what more could you want?
bro, it's like you don't get it and just didn't read a word i typed because you just pretty much re-wrote everything i said in your own words and/or didn't answer anything i wrote. let me just simplify it for you.

1. You don't look at the little details, you just look at the bigger picture which there is no problem for you since they are winning and that is the bigger picture.
2. Don't ever compare Phil and Brooks or try to justify what brooks does by using any phil jackson example again.
2. Yes, they got past the clippers and grizzlies but they did it through "questionable" things. z-bo's game 7 suspension and questionable calls. Many would argue that if they had a better coach, it wouldn't take that much drama for it to happen.
3. Yes they are winning but look at their roster. When was the last time a team had 2 top 10 players and didn't win? i don't think it take much to win if a coach has his roster. He wins despite his many flaws but many feel they win because of the talent.
4. "If the Thunder had a different coach on hand, what do you think the Thunder's success would be?" I think at the bare minimal, they would be the 1st seed of the West and the Thunder would have something that resembles an Offense.
5. The main argument that you don't seem to get is that many people feel that with his talent, especially having two top 10 players in the team, wins regardless of his coaching or lack of.
6. Nobody doubts the success the team is reaching but people want more and think the team is capable of more and more means a number 1 seed in regular season and getting to the finals every year. Looking at their roster, how can you ask for anything less? But according to you, you can.

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Julius F. Wrek

do you the thunder would be worse if they replaced brooks?

Maybe. Could be worse. Could be better. Depends on who the coach is. Point is, they still are a legit contender with him as coach. Period. Y'all act like there is Gregg Poppovich out there waiting to get hired.

Scott brooks is an above average to good coach, who has his teams full attention and trust.

There have been people in this thread who said the thunder should win every year with this roster, if they had a better coach. Crazy.

To be honest, if the heat win the chip they probably shouldn't pay bosh any money and go out and get lebron a legit big man and some more "beef" than over pay for bosh. Yes bosh sacrificed his numbers to join the heat but why pay a college grad a lot of money to flip burger and work drive thru when you can get 2 younger people out of highschool to pull the same load. If I was Riley I would let Bosh test free agency.

Legit big man? If I was the Heat I'd go out and Get Bosh. That dude would be a nice addition, he's legit too!

do you the thunder would be worse if they replaced brooks?

How much better do you think they would be from a success standpoint with another coach besides brooks? Because that's all that matters at the end of it when it comes to coaching. And Scott Brooks as a head coach has been incredibly successful as a head coach. Whoever you would want to replace brooks would have a hard act to top...almost impossibly hard.

Some of you might not find this funny at all, but this was on Louie CK's show

I got a chuckle more because that's how ESPN would really report the situation

Last edited:
"and the rest of the Miami Heat....and 12 million other people"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Last edited:
HEAT WIN BY HOW MUCH TONIGHT?

Unless Lebron goes for 60, Heat lose tonight...Indy can't allow themselves to get backdoor swept on their own floor. Plus the refs are gonna be trying to prove they don't favor the Heat after George's comments.

I say Pacers by 10, but it wouldn't surprise me if they lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom