2013-2014 NBA Season Thread - Congrats to the Spurs, DBD is still a buster

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way you let Bosh go is if you can get Kevin Love or LaMarcus Aldridge. NEITHER of which has a chance in hell of happening. Bosh is a good fit with this team.

The true question is what do you do with DWade? :nerd:

How about his whole game is based on his athleticism and he's torn up both of his knees in the past two seasons?
sick.gif
This. It's not like Rose was a great all around player. His game was 90%+ based on his athleticism. He hasn't been able to get back on the court for a full season and you assume he's going to be the same guy when he comes back.

At least in Kobe's case he has a much more well rounded game that should allow him to be effective when he comes back, he's not relied solely on his athleticism since the mid early 2000s, he's always had other ways to score and be effective. B. Roy was the same way. D. Rose hasn't proven to be that player yet.
We're aware Kobe has a well rounded game, he's been in the league for 17 years, doesn't take away from the fact that it's funny you think the geezer will come back completely fine but D.Rose is done at 25.

90% of Rose's game was based on athleticism?
laugh.gif
 What the hell does that even mean? Every player that plays professional sports rely on their athleticism.

Rose wasn't a great all around player? I'm sorry he's only been in the league two 1/2 years and didn't have a Dirk esque jumper in addition to already being the best attacker of the rim his MVP season. He's one-dimensional.

Last edited:
David West, Milsap, Boozer, nor Horford would've stuffed Danny Green on that corner 3, nor would've came up with that rebound to kick it to Ray Allen. Blake would've thrown his head back and fell to the floor on both of those plays. Bosh gets undervalued when he's not playing well, but when he does, he only reminds you that he's more than simply a good player.

I've never been a big fan of Bosh but Spo has turned him into a jump shooter. He was never a physical player but I think part of the reason why he's a ghost sometimes is cuz the coach wants him away from the basket so Lebron can do his thing. Some nights Bosh is on, some nights he's off. It works so I'm not knocking Spo but when Bosh was in Toronto he was guaranteed to give you 22 and 9 and his last year in Toronto was his best season. So his #'s probably woulda kept going up if he had stayed but they made the decision to sacrifice for rings.

Last edited:
I've never been a big fan of Bosh but Spo has turned him into a jump shooter. He was never a physical player but I think part of the reason why he's a ghost sometimes is cuz the coach wants him away from the basket so Lebron can do his thing. Some nights Bosh is on, some nights he's off. It works so I'm not knocking Spo but when Bosh was in Toronto he was guaranteed to give you 22 and 9 and his last year in Toronto was his best season. So his #'s probably woulda kept going up if he had stayed but they made the decision to sacrifice for rings.

Exactly.

Serge is the only player that you mentioned that I agree with.

Yup and he's still not as good a shooter as Bosh.........yet.

Serge development is really crazy, he's like the opposite of Biyombo.

Last edited:
I've said over and over time & time again that bosh contribution on this team is made out to be more than it is.

Horford & Milsap can both be intertwined with Bosh and FEAST. West & Boozer are both too slow laterally to match his defensive input... But horford & Milsap are EXCELLENT hitting at the midrange and are solid defenders. Overall they may not be better players but they would both perfectly fill in the roll that bosh has to do. I would argue that Horford makes the Heat a better team because of what he can do defending the post and scoring in post situations.

Bosh's Full skillset isn't used in miami he's there primarily to knockdown midrange jumpers, and he's usually guarding the least effective post player on defense, he's good but his roll can be replaced.

Ok heat go ahead and pay Bosh a bunch of money and Lebron opts out and wade stays hurt. Heat don't have money in the cap to match Lebrons offer, every heat fan in this thread will be upset and mad they paid Bosh.

We're aware Kobe has a well rounded game, he's been in the league for 17 years, doesn't take away from the fact that it's funny you think the geezer will come back completely fine but D.Rose is done at 25.

90% of Rose's game was based on athleticism? :lol:  What the hell does that even mean? Every player that plays professional sports rely on their athleticism.

Rose wasn't a great all around player? I'm sorry he's only been in the league two 1/2 years and didn't have a Dirk esque jumper in addition to already being the best attacker of the rim his MVP season. He's one-dimensional.

I didn't say that Kobe would come back fine, I don't expect him to put up 27, 6, and 6 like he was in 2012-2013; but I expect him to still be effective to the point where he's a good player because the injury he had isn't as big of a hindrance because he's not really playing above the rim anymore anyway. Kobe has relied much more on skill and footwork and IQ than trying to out-jump or out-athlete anybody for the last 6 years. Or the difference between MJ pre-baseball retirement and post-baseball, he didn't rely on his athleticism nearly as much because other facets of his game were developed.

D-Rose is like Russ in that his athleticism is the reason for the most part is what gives him the great advantage. Russ has proven to be able to come back from his injuries and be better. We haven't seen Rose back on a court outside of a couple weeks to begin this season before he blew his other knee out and for a guy that hasn't in his short time in the league shown an ability to be more than a one trick pony, we have the right to be skeptical if the one thing he did do at an elite level may be in serious jeopardy because of his glass knees.

danny green shouldve been called for kicking out his body on that shot :smh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom