2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew that when the sportscasters and sports talk radio guys were hyping this series to go 7 games AGAIN, that the series wouldn't be as entertaining. Too bad to Heat came out on the short end. They just got beat by a deeper team. Kawhi Leonard is a baller. I'm not a Spurs fan at all but that guy has a bright future ahead of him.

Where are all the dudes that were saying before the series that Kawhi wasn't that good. I really feel bad for the Pacers :lol: they traded pretty much Kawhi for George Hill. I'm a Heat fan I'm sure Pat Riley will reload. Chalmers has to go. Wade needs to come off the bench. They need better role players since Battier is retiring and I think Ray Allen might retire also.

The two previous teams to go four straight NBA finals were:

LA Lakers (1982-1985) Coach: Pat Riley Notable Players: Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, James Worthy
82 Won NBA Title
83 Lost to 76ers
84 Lost to Celtics
85 Won NBA Title

Boston Celtics (1984-1987) Notable Players: Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish
84 Won NBA Title
85 Lost to Lakers
86 Won NBA Title
87 Lost to Lakers

Miami Heat (2011-2014) Notable Players: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Ray Allen
11 Lost to Mavericks
12 Won NBA Title
13 Won NBA Title
14 Lost to Spurs

There's some hall of famers mentioned there in the Lakers/Celtics team. Going to 4 straight finals is a big accomplishment. Of course I would have loved for the Heat to win all 4 trips but even some of the all time greats in the history of basketball never accomplished that feat.

Wait? 

Bosh is one of the best overall big man defenders in the league today. 

How is he getting compared to Gasol in terms of defense? 

Can't believe Miami got blown out 3 games in a row :smh: .

Hopefully next year is more entertaining, this season was pretty boring

Hopefully things change drastically around the league. I'm excited to see all the potential moves this summer.

We need Rose and Kobe playing again :smokin

So do you think If you switched Lebron and Leonard, the heat would of won?

that don't make any sense whatsoever. the Heat are built around the big 3, around their respective salaries and what they can bring in otherwise.

You switch, then it's a completely different team, different potential role players, different style of play, everything bro.

Based on tradition, it should go to the winning team. Jerry West won it once from the losing team.

If the question is who was the best player this series then via my subjective eye test and via objective statistics, it was LeBron.

Did Kawhi impact the game as much as LeBron? One could make that argument....but statistics and eye tests are skewed/affected by production and LeBron wins in those categories for myself and most folks. 

Subtract Kawhi, do the Heat win? I doubt it...the Spurs were THAT hot. Like some have said, some of the best team ball we've ever seen and Kawhi was no doubt a factor.

ehhhh IDK if the Heat lose w/o Kawhi on the Spurs, that's a big potential points swing and production swing. Not only did Kawhi stop Bron from scoring at will he effected his ability to facilitate other players.

look at last years finals, night and day in regards to how Kawhi played Bron, Kawhi was not able to fight through screens like he was able to this year, he didn't play Bron as close.

Last edited:
I knew that when the sportscasters and sports talk radio guys were hyping this series to go 7 games AGAIN, that the series wouldn't be as entertaining. Too bad to Heat came out on the short end. They just got beat by a deeper team. Kawhi Leonard is a baller. I'm not a Spurs fan at all but that guy has a bright future ahead of him.

Where are all the dudes that were saying before the series that Kawhi wasn't that good. I really feel bad for the Pacers :lol: they traded pretty much Kawhi for George Hill. I'm a Heat fan I'm sure Pat Riley will reload. Chalmers has to go. Wade needs to come off the bench. They need better role players since Battier is retiring and I think Ray Allen might retire also.

The two previous teams to go four straight NBA finals were:

LA Lakers (1982-1985) Coach: Pat Riley Notable Players: Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, James Worthy
82 Won NBA Title
83 Lost to 76ers
84 Lost to Celtics
85 Won NBA Title

Boston Celtics (1984-1987) Notable Players: Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish
84 Won NBA Title
85 Lost to Lakers
86 Won NBA Title
87 Lost to Lakers

Miami Heat (2011-2014) Notable Players: LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Ray Allen
11 Lost to Mavericks
12 Won NBA Title
13 Won NBA Title
14 Lost to Spurs

There's some hall of famers mentioned there in the Lakers/Celtics team. Going to 4 straight finals is a big accomplishment. Of course I would have loved for the Heat to win all 4 trips but even some of the all time greats in the history of basketball never accomplished that feat.

And don't forget those hall of farmers didn't guarantee not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7... :lol:

You gotta be ******* kidding me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pau Gasol is dog **** on defense in 2014 dude.

Dog. ****. Ask ANY Laker fan. Kid been washed goin on 3 years now dude.

I myself am a Lakers fan and I disagree man, Lakers fans have always been Gasol's harshest critics so it doesn't surprise me they feel that he's worse than he actually is.

Seriously? C'mon man Wade has about 2 more years in him as well as Ray and Shane.

Wizards are coming, Indy are almost there, Bulls potentially trading for Melo and Rose coming back healthy (I hope), Celtics about to make some big moves :D (wishful thinking).

Last edited:
So do you think If you switched Lebron and Leonard, the heat would of won?

that don't make any sense whatsoever. the Heat are built around the big 3, around their respective salaries and what they can bring in otherwise.

You switch, then it's a completely different team, different potential role players, different style of play, everything bro.

It's a hypothetical, so do you think that Leonard was really that big of a difference?

It's a hypothetical, so do you think that Leonard was really that big of a difference?

again it's a poor hypothetical.

if you're gonna put him on the Heat you're also revamping their prior off-season moves since his rookie year.

you're also bringing in his salary.

so potentially they'd have the space to bring in better guys at PG and C.

I'm not going to ignore these factors. As it is, the Heat are constructed with the cap they have left over AFTER paying the big 3.

again it's a poor hypothetical.

if you're gonna put him on the Heat you're also revamping their prior off-season moves since his rookie year.

you're also bringing in his salary.

so potentially they'd have the space to bring in better guys at PG and C.

I'm not going to ignore these factors. As it is, the Heat are constructed with the cap they have left over AFTER paying the big 3.

Jesus christ dude :rofl:
Im guessing your answer is no then
some of you clowns will do anything to avoid answering something

Last edited:

no you just posted a ******* ****** question,

don't be salty because your line of questioning sucks. absolutely asinine logic. you want me to switch guys but both guys bring a completely different dynamic to their teams, not to mention they command different salaries....

as it stands, Kawhi was the Finals MVP and the most pivotal player on the floor this series.

sorry Bron stan.

Last edited:
will LeStatPadingarbagetime inspire his team and lead them on a path to redemption like tim duncan did this year? or will he quit on another team AGAIN if he does not get carmelo?

will LeStatPadingarbagetime inspire his team and lead them on a path to redemption like tim duncan did this year? or will he quit on another team AGAIN if he does not get carmelo?

he's probably on the phone with the Houston Rockets as we speak.

no you just posted a ******* ****** question,

don't be salty because your line of questioning sucks. absolutely asinine logic. you want me to switch guys but both guys bring a completely different dynamic to their teams, not to mention they command different salaries....

as it stands, Kawhi was the Finals MVP and the most pivotal player on the floor this series.

sorry Bron stan.

I asked a simple question, and it makes me a "stan" *gasp*
Nah just wondering if you really believe Leonard was the reason SA won the championship.

Nah just wondering if you really believe Leonard was the reason SA won the championship.

You didn't ask that, you asked me to switch the two.

But if you're asking me if Kawhi's play is the reason why they won this year, absolutely.

Again, look back at how poorly he was able to fight through screens last year, look how he often got caught up accounting for other guys instead of putting all his focus on LeBron, look how much closer he played Bron this year.

That was the X factor. Had he not done that, had he played how he played last year, I think the Heat would still be playing Finals basketball right now.

I think 1 will be a bull, the other a knick.

Lol neither gon' be a Knick, def not Bron at least.

:lol: not as long as Raymond Felton and JR Smith (yes I'm saying they both suck ***) are around to stink up the club and not as long as STAT and Bargnani take up all the cap space.

Bron isn't going to wait a season for STAT and Bargs contracts to disappear.

and Melo is a lock to opt out, is there a slight chance he restructures and comes back? Perhaps. Doubt it.

I see Houston landing one of the two. It just makes too much sense. Asik is a guy a lot of teams covet for his ability to rebound and protect the rim, he played very well when called upon this season.

And Parsons basically sells himself, that's an easy trade.

Ditto Lin, perhaps not for the same reasons as Parsons but, he's a marketable commodity that teams will line up to have.

The Rockets are going to have the cap space, it's just a question of Melo or Bron.

Last edited:

You didn't ask that, you asked me to switch the two.

But if you're asking me if Kawhi's play is the reason why they won this year, absolutely.

Again, look back at how poorly he was able to fight through screens last year, look how he often got caught up accounting for other guys instead of putting all his focus on LeBron, look how much closer he played Bron this year.

That was the X factor. Had he not done that, had he played how he played last year, I think the Heat would still be playing Finals basketball right now.

How could Leonards defense be the reason SA won, when the guy he was guarding was the only dude scoring? :lol:
SA won because the Whole team couldn't miss a damn shot and the Whole MIA team except Bron couldn't throw a rock in the ocean if they were on a ship
all I was getting at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom