2013-2014 NBA Finals - Spurs SMASH Heat 4-1 - San Antonio Spurs NBA Champions [RIP Dwyane Wade]

Who will Lebron James play for next year?

• LA Clippers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LA Lakers

• Houston Rockets

• Miami Heat

• San Antonio Spurs

• Another Team (Cavs don't count)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
son, you must have googled his name
i had a celtics poster from the mid-'80's with Tommy Boy actually on it as a child & I still can not spell sons last name

I didn't know how to spell it to be honest but I know who he is. So the spelling i did google.

They were just nastier than everyone else.

Last edited:
Dawg thats all you can say, when you're losing a debate you resort to clown tactics.
I'm a fellow Laker fan but I think you're jumping the gun a bit: LeBron had the highest PER of both teams this series (by a significant margin) and did more for his team without sacrificing any efficiency or production. He led the SERIES in points in the paint, transition points, assist opportunities and led his team in points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals. He also had to guard Parker for long stretches of the game due to the absolute ineptness of his starting PG (who was benched until the 4th quarter of an elimination game) and received negative PER production from the PG position and his own bench.

Note: I'm team Kawhi (went to SDSU while he was starring there) but to say Kawhi > LeBron this series is outlandish. Now if LeBron's production dipped and all other things equal, you'd be onto something...but LeBron put up a 32 PER this series with below average production from his entire cast (Exhibit A: the starting 5 not named LeBron outscored the starting 5 named LeBron by 1 point in an elimination game).

Some underrated storylines:

1. Kawhi vaulting himself into tier 1 SF territory

2. Ray Allen retiring?

3. Melo to Dallas/Hou/Chi?

4. Mario Chalmers last day as a Heat member? Irregardless, he cost himself a lot of $. Cole as well.

5. Patty Mills = free agent = $$$.

6. Duncan going for ring #6 and possibly enters the mainstream GOAT conversation next year.

7. Where does Wade go from here? He couldn't perform after sitting out 1/3rd of the season, things look shaky going forward.

8. Most importantly, where does LeBron go? The entire power of the Eastern Conference can change to another city, just like it did in 2010.

PER doesn't fully account for defense, which is why I cited bosh having a better defensive rating. So yeah, I'll take bosh with a .3 less PER and his better defense than gasol's marginally better numbers with a higher usage rate on a worse team.

You honestly think Bosh plays better defense? HONESTLY?

C'mon with that bro. Did you even watch Gasol play this year?

Gasol was awful this year.

I'll take bosh anyday over 2014 pau.

Now 07-10 Pau? It's not close, Pau all day. But now? Nah bruh you trippin. :lol:

I didn't know how to spell it to be honest but I know who he is. So the spelling i did google.

They were just nastier than everyone else.

i gotta go get that poster
it was a champions of the celtics poster (circa 1984) with all the past stand-outs - brought to you by miller lite photographed in a bar!

I'm a fellow Laker fan but I think you're jumping the gun a bit: LeBron had the highest PER of both teams this series (by a significant margin) and did more for his team without sacrificing any efficiency or production. He led the SERIES in points in the paint, transition points, assist opportunities and led his team in points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals. He also had to guard Parker for long stretches of the game due to the absolute ineptness of his starting PG (who was benched until the 4th quarter of an elimination game) and received negative PER production from the PG position and his own bench.

Note: I'm team Kawhi (went to SDSU while he was starring there) but to say Kawhi > LeBron this series is outlandish. Now if LeBron's production dipped and all other things equal, you'd be onto something...but LeBron put up a 32 PER this series with below average production from his entire cast (Exhibit A: the starting 5 not named LeBron outscored the starting 5 named LeBron by 1 point in an elimination game).

2. Ray Allen retiring?
4. Mario Chalmers last day as a Heat member? Irregardless, he cost himself a lot of $. Cole as well.
6. Duncan going for ring #6 and possibly enters the mainstream GOAT conversation next year.
7. Where does Wade go from here? He couldn't perform after sitting out 1/3rd of the season, things look shaky going forward.
8. Most importantly, where does LeBron go? The entire power of the Eastern Conference can change to another city, just like it did in 2010.

Kawhi's defense is why this series ended with the result it did.

It's why Bron could never really turn into Video Game James this series.

Last edited:
See him with the hands

2014+NBA+Finals+Game+Five+SM9Q27dWcNVx.jpg

k1.gif

Most definitely but if you really think Kawhi outplayed LeBron over the entire series, nah...I can't agree with that. Review Games 1 and 2 man.

so if Finals MVP didn't necessarily have to go to a player on the winning team, would you put Bron as this FInals MVP?

2. Ray Allen retiring?

Kawhi's defense is why this series ended with the result it did.

It's why Bron could never really turn into Video Game James this series.

So do you think If you switched Lebron and Leonard, the heat would of won?

PER doesn't fully account for defense, which is why I cited bosh having a better defensive rating. So yeah, I'll take bosh with a .3 less PER and his better defense than gasol's marginally better numbers with a higher usage rate on a worse team.

Gasol was awful this year.

I'll take bosh anyday over 2014 pau.

Now 07-10 Pau? It's not close, Pau all day. But now? Nah bruh you trippin. :lol:
Heathen, be quiet dude.

Pau on defense in 2014 makes James Harden look like prime Pippen.

He is NOT better than Bosh, right now. Not even close. He blocks more shots because every shot taken against the Lakers is against Pau when he's on the floor. Teams lined up for layup drills when Pau was in. Course he gets a random extra block against all those layups allowed.

I rest my case.

so if Finals MVP didn't necessarily have to go to a player on the winning team, would you put Bron as this FInals MVP?
Based on tradition, it should go to the winning team. Jerry West won it once from the losing team.

If the question is who was the best player this series then via my subjective eye test and via objective statistics, it was LeBron.

Did Kawhi impact the game as much as LeBron? One could make that argument....but statistics and eye tests are skewed/affected by production and LeBron wins in those categories for myself and most folks. 

Subtract Kawhi, do the Heat win? I doubt it...the Spurs were THAT hot. Like some have said, some of the best team ball we've ever seen and Kawhi was no doubt a factor.

yea actual basketball where the open man is the best option not the highest paid
Rep + rockclapping.gif

How anyone can watch that exhibition and say basketball hasn't improved since the 80s, 90s, whenever is just....I can't even call it anymore lol.

Beautiful execution. 

Also, nobody talk any ******** about Lebron, he was the best player in this series, Miami was terrible, no matter how great you are you never win by yourself.

Y'all weird dudes going to try to find any way on earth to blame him and act like you didn't see him out play the whole Spurs team for quarters at a time. I want you to know that you're all pitiful and don't enjoy the game but instead choose to hold on to petty biases about men you don't know. I don't know how sad your life has to be to hate the best player on the planet today and I don't wanna know. Only thing to say about Bron is respect how he handled himself in defeat and how he played in a series where his team didn't show up at all.

View media item 1028277

There could be an argument for Timmay having a better career than Bird.

He's already cemented a better career than Kobe...

I put his just ahead of Shaq and maybe after Hakeem. Toss up really.

So why weren't other teams as successful as the Celtics?

Because the Celtics had the best team Cousy and Russell were that much better than the rest of the field.

The competition just wasn't there.

They also had Tom Heinsohn....

Man you a Celtics fan and you got me schooling you on this. You should know why the Celtics dominated.

:lol: So Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, and Wilt in the late 60s were scrubs?

Bob Cousy is no where near as dominant as Magic. Kareem had Magic and Worthy.

Bill won 11 championship with top 100 players :lol: Kareem won 5 with a top 3 player of all time who was damn near 7ft playing PG. Bill 11>Kareem 6

Last edited:

You gotta be ******* kidding me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pau Gasol is dog **** on defense in 2014 dude.

Dog. ****. Ask ANY Laker fan. Kid been washed goin on 3 years now dude.

You gotta be ******* kidding me.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Pau Gasol is dog **** on defense in 2014 dude.

Dog. ****. Ask ANY Laker fan. Kid been washed goin on 3 years now dude.
For what it's worth, I saw both play this year and they were both food. Depending on the matchup, one was worse than the other. It really depends.

In other words: If my line was on the line and I had to pick someone to play defense for 1 post-up and my choices were Pau or Bosh, I'd immediately start praying to God for an alternative scenario or failing that, I'd starting coming to peace with the afterlife. 

Can't believe Miami got blown out 3 games in a row :smh: .

Hopefully next year is more entertaining, this season was pretty boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom