2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

No love for Kenny Briit :nerd: :lol: ... I think they will have no choice but to throw the ball this week. I'm lookin for a bounce back performance after Monday night.

TY Hilton has been ballin, but I'm scared of one those 2 catches for 50 yards no TDs type of game.

#STRESSED
They will have no choice to throw Britt the ball I agree, but who's throwing the ball..Jake Locker..:x

Hilton is nice man, I would go with him Luck spreads the ball everywhere.

:lol: :lol:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 also Woodson could possibly be back also for GB and GB defense always get to the QB.

Tried to find your roster a couple pages back, guessing you didn't post can I see your roster?

EDIT: If your down to Britt, Hilton, Maclin, and Brown.  I like Brown not many people think he is good, because of his ankle but I told a few NT'ers to start Brown last week and he was pretty damn productive.  I expect another good game from him this week also, probably won't get a touchdown again because all he gets is yards, should be a FORSURE 6-9 points.  It is your decision.  Maclin and Brown for me gotta go with the superstars to make big plays (NO DESEAN EITHER).

Last edited:
QB - RG3, Big Ben

RB Matt Forte, DeAngelo Williams, Mikel Leshoure, McCoy, Bryce Brown

WR A.J. Green, Jordy Nelson, T.Y. Hilton, Kenny Britt, Jeremy Maclin

TE Jimmy Graham

D/ST Broncos D/ST

K Stephen Gostkowski, Matt Bryant

Non-PPR league

QB - RG3, Big Ben
TE Jimmy Graham
D/ST Broncos D/ST
Non-PPR league
So at the moment your starting Green and Nelson.  

Honestly, at the moment I wouldn't even trust Nelson he played so well last year, but this year we all know he cannot handle being the #1 WR.  The game he scored 33 points or w/e was a fluke. 

Rodgers has been looking to Cobb and Jones A LOT.

Last edited:
QB - RG3, Big Ben

TE Jimmy Graham

D/ST Broncos D/ST

Non-PPR league
So at the moment your starting Green and Nelson.  

Honestly, at the moment I wouldn't even trust Nelson he played so well last year, but this year we all know he cannot handle being the #1 WR.  The game he scored 33 points or w/e was a fluke. 

Rodgers has been looking to Cobb and Jones A LOT.

At the moment I'm starting ..

QB - RG3

RB - Forte
RB - Deangelo Williams

WR/RB - McCoy or Maclin

WR - AJ Green
WR - Hilton or Maclin .. I highly doubt Nelson plays this week

TE - Graham

Broncos D/ST

K- Gostowski or Bryant

Last edited:
QB - RG3
RB - Forte
RB - Deangelo Williams
WR/RB - McCoy or Maclin
WR - AJ Green
TE - Graham
Broncos D/ST
K- Gostowski or Bryant
For your WR/RB go with McCoy.  In your FLEX always go with a RB since they get the for sure carries.  Be on the look out for news on McCoy.

QB - RG3

RB - Forte

RB - Deangelo Williams

WR/RB - McCoy or Maclin

WR - AJ Green

TE - Graham

Broncos D/ST

K- Gostowski or Bryant
For your WR/RB go with McCoy.  In your FLEX always go with a RB since they get the for sure carries.  Be on the look out for news on McCoy.

started the season 10-1 and now my team is in shambles :lol: .. and your absolutely correct about Antonio Brown.

Will this finally be the year people learn to stop drafting QBs in the first 3 picks?
I drafted Tom Brady 5th overall in one of my drafts and he got me to the championship. As of this week he's the highest scoring player in fantasy in every league that I'm in regardless of scoring format :nthat:.

Last edited:
Will this finally be the year people learn to stop drafting QBs in the first 3 picks?

I had the 3rd pick and took Brady and I'm in the finals. Non PPR btw.

I think it really just depends on the year. Personally, this year I would have taken Brady, Brees, or Rodgers before any RB. Next year tho, I would prob take AP first.

Do NOT start Eli, learn from my mistake.  

I lost by 3 points in one of my leagues last week because of it.

Is Wilson available?
So you would start Russel Wilson against the best defense in the league? He's not even a top 15 QB this week man.

Start Eli is my best advice.

I had the 3rd pick and took Brady and I'm in the finals. Non PPR btw.
I think it really just depends on the year. Personally, this year I would have taken Brady, Brees, or Rodgers before any RB. Next year tho, I would prob take AP first.
Adrian Pederson will be #1 next year no questions.

:lol: well I can see how it worked out if you took Brady.. but so many QBs were taken in my league first rd... and there have been tons of QBs who were taken 4th and lower who have outperformed or had the same amount of production than some of the players taken.

Of course it's a guessing game whenever you're picking a player, but I still feel taking a workhorse RB is the safest way to go with the first 3 picks. (McCoy owners are probably pissed, though :lol: )

I had 12th pick in a 12 person league and took AP.. then on the come around took DMC. and I was for sure certain DMC was gonna have a monster year, and gambled on AP. You can never know!

laugh.gif
well I can see how it worked out if you took Brady.. but so many QBs were taken in my league first rd... and there have been tons of QBs who were taken 4th and lower who have outperformed or had the same amount of production than some of the players taken.
Of course it's a guessing game whenever you're picking a player, but I still feel taking a workhorse RB is the safest way to go with the first 3 picks. (McCoy owners are probably pissed, though
laugh.gif
)
I had 12th pick in a 12 person league and took AP.. then on the come around took DMC. and I was for sure certain DMC was gonna have a monster year, and gambled on AP. You can never know!
This year, I've learned to never pick a QB first round no matter what pick you have.  There's tons of QB's that produce and easily are 5th rounders or higher.

RG3, Romo, Ryan, Big Ben, Luck, Eli, Newton, Stafford, and Dalton.  You might of taken a gamble of RG3 and Luck, but I'm sure it paid off, Newton, Stafford, and Dalton would all go lower than 5th round, but next year Idk about Cam.

Anyways I've learned this year to never pick Charles up again unless I was super desperate at RB, they're always down, and their coaching staff are complete morons.  DMC never again will I choose him, thankfully I didn't the man is arguably the best RB in the NFL when healthy in my own opinion; he can never find a year when he's healthy! As for McCoy even Andy Reid said he will not be using Shady as much as last year, which was stupid because Shady is a ******g boss.

Next year though, watch out for players like RG3, Luck, Doug Martin, Morris (whoever got him on waivers I'm sure he helped you out a lot).  I can only see the maturity of Dez growing and in his third year he played magnificent, well in the second half of the season.  Watch out for him next year.

EDIT:  Bust -- Ryan Matthews 
mean.gif

Last edited:
I seriously hope for the love of god the hype train of Ryan Mathews dies down next year.. every year they tout him to break out and he always disappoints. Dude is a bum, get over it.

I took Peyton in the 4th, and he had a fantastic year... i wasn't going to waste a chance at two stud RBs over a QB... granted DMC let me down heavily, but I also took Trent Richardson late so I still had a stud RB2 (he slipped a lot due to him not playing in preseason). I just knew Dez was going to breakout this season, he had a great preseason and I could tell he was going to right the ship and he sure did. I was scared with his run in with his mom during the offseason and his continuous struggles/drops during the first half of the season.. but he came back strong in a big way. I took Decker as well to counteract on the Peyton pick and that paid dividends for me too, he had some bad games but he was consistent enough to do enough work for me. TE/D were the weakest part of my team, defense especially.. I had Miami and SD, they both had a few good games but were way too inconsistent. For TE, I knew Minn was gonna get the ball to Rudolph a lot so I drafted him and he had a lot of touchdowns early in the season, but not enough yards.. it was always a question on what you would get from him. Big Ben was my back up but I rarely ever played him because of the year Peyton had. Just had to get him incase Peyton got hurt again.

Waiver Wire Pick up of the year for me: Randall Cobb.

Enough said. Man was just on fire midway of the year when Jennings went down. Got all the looks and racked up plenty of yards. Filled in nicely at flex when DMC was out, would of started him anyways because DMC was just trash.

I'm definitely not drafting an injury prone player like him again. I really thought he'd find a way to stay healthy and finally live up to his potential.. but with him, it's just not possible IMO anymore.

Charles had a few huge games for you this year, but I agree.. they are such a terrible team that it's impossible to look his way again after this year, unless it's a late 3rd round pick.

Do I start Pitta or Finley at TE?? Championship game..I need this win and money lol. Inhale Gronk but he won't be back, evening he do play I think Hernandez gets the most targets between the two.

I seriously hope for the love of god the hype train of Ryan Mathews dies down next year.. every year they tout him to break out and he always disappoints. Dude is a bum, get over it.
I took Peyton in the 4th, and he had a fantastic year... i wasn't going to waste a chance at two stud RBs over a QB... granted DMC let me down heavily, but I also took Trent Richardson late so I still had a stud RB2 (he slipped a lot due to him not playing in preseason). I just knew Dez was going to breakout this season, he had a great preseason and I could tell he was going to right the ship and he sure did. I was scared with his run in with his mom during the offseason and his continuous struggles/drops during the first half of the season.. but he came back strong in a big way. I took Decker as well to counteract on the Peyton pick and that paid dividends for me too, he had some bad games but he was consistent enough to do enough work for me. TE/D were the weakest part of my team, defense especially.. I had Miami and SD, they both had a few good games but were way too inconsistent. For TE, I knew Minn was gonna get the ball to Rudolph a lot so I drafted him and he had a lot of touchdowns early in the season, but not enough yards.. it was always a question on what you would get from him. Big Ben was my back up but I rarely ever played him because of the year Peyton had. Just had to get him incase Peyton got hurt again.
Waiver Wire Pick up of the year for me: Randall Cobb.
Enough said. Man was just on fire midway of the year when Jennings went down. Got all the looks and racked up plenty of yards. Filled in nicely at flex when DMC was out, would of started him anyways because DMC was just trash.
I'm definitely not drafting an injury prone player like him again. I really thought he'd find a way to stay healthy and finally live up to his potential.. but with him, it's just not possible IMO anymore.
Charles had a few huge games for you this year, but I agree.. they are such a terrible team that it's impossible to look his way again after this year, unless it's a late 3rd round pick.
I'm glad Cobb played well for you man, I picked him up and he was extremely solid makes up for Jordy Nelson's down year.  Lots of busts that I didn't really expect this year at all.  I expected Welker to be good and I guess he was decent.  The Pats need to realize that they need him to win, him and Gronk are Brady's safety blanket.

I can only expect T-Rich to only get better, feel extremely bad for Ingram dude had a lot of potential.  Julio Jones, man not many people think he's a top 5 WR, but he is in my book the dude next year will tear it up.  I usually tend to stay away from players like Julio Jones with Roddy White, Thomas with Decker, Cruz with Nicks, Wallace with Brown, but I've noticed main guys are Jones, Thomas, Cruz, and Wallace.  Just a tip for next year, tend to stay away from NO WR's and including Jimmy Graham dude had a down year expected MUCH MUCH MORE.  Brees just has a variety of targets and likes to spread it out.  Also with GB WR's I'm not sure how Cobb, Jones, Nelson, and Jennings will all get their share.  

You guys might be thinking of Brady, but he seems to just find everyone and spread it out evenly not really much inconsistency because all the Pats WR's are solid.

Yeah, it's kind of hard to figure out what NE is gonna do each week. Everyone thought Lloyd was going to be the guy there and he didn't do anything this year. That RB situation at the start of the year was tough to figure out as well but I think Ridley is their guy moving forward. The Packers though, I think Cobb is definitely their #1 guy and Jennings will get traded. Cobb might not be listed as WR1 in on their depth, but he will get most of the looks - I think his targets have gone up every week since Jennings was out. Nelson and Jones on the outside with Cobb in the slot, it's a disaster for any nickel cb. He's like a Percy Harvin, who in a year or two (and it pains me to say this as a VIkings fan) might even be better due to Percy's injury history.

TRich is definitely going to get better, the only knock on him from me this year was his lack of big play ability. I think his longest run this year was somewhere in the 20's. Granted he's a goal line monster and is going to handle all the load in Cleveland, but it was tough not seeing him break huge runs like I did in college. I'm gonna chalk that up to injuries and learning curve.. he's got an extremely high ceiling for next year. My friend had Julio and was disappointed with the year he had, it was very up and down, but I agree he's the main guy in ATL now with Roddy getting a bit older. Thomas and Cruz are clear cut #1's in my eyes for next year as well, but that doesn't make Decker/Nicks not as valuable.. they'll benefit from the double coverage tenfolds.. I think they're two of the best WR2's for next season.

Another little rant I have is how valued TE's were this offseason with Gronk/Jimmy going in the first/early 2nd in some drafts. I understand they had monster years in 2011 putting up gaudy numbers for TEs.. but to expect them to replicate that and taking them in the first was an extreme stretch to me. I also don't hold TOO much value to TE's in general but I might change that next year because they have become such a big part of the pass game in the past 2-3 years. I would never draft one before round 4 still though.

I'm already looking forward to next year, love being a fake coach/following preseason football for sleepers. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom