2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

My dude ChampCruThik coming through yet again :nthat: . I said this before but I'll say it again, NT needs more people like you sir. 
Appreciate the compliment, my good man. Woke up at 7:30 AM EST to get to this thread and watch the United/Liverpool soccer match. Didn't want to let any of you guys down.

Steven Jackson will suit up for anybody out there that has him
Champ don't get me wrong I like the trade, just enjoy having a sleeper blow up. I like Hawkins because of the situation, two young QBs facing weak secondaries it just has the feel of a pickup game. I know Jordy tends to go off every 3 weeks or so I just don't like the matchup Seattle has an underrated corner in Richard Sherman
Yeah, you're probably right. Dalton and RG3 could get into a shootout. Wonder what that means for Morris and Law Firm's numbers.

Love Browner even more than Sherman, just personally. Since Oregon State.

Thanks CCT...
Damn it seems like no one likes McFadden. LOL.
Harvin over Floyd is a NO BRAINER.... But I really dont like the matchup against the 49ers... I really like Floyd but Gates and Matthews will be playing today and that alone should take significant touches away from Floyd IMO.
If anything, I think Meach and Royal's production are being limited or hurt by Gates, Floyd, Mathews. Can't say I liked Floyd preseason though. I was against drafting him based on ADP.

I like DMC, just not against a stout Pittsburgh run defense, historically.

I like, not love, but like McFadden. My instincts have always told me to stay away and my instincts I trust greatly. I've had to go his route in a couple leagues because given the situation it was the smarter thing to do. Not my favorite RB at all though.
Completely agree with the part about trusting instincts. Most important thing in fantasy sports, IMO. Forget what any expert says about advanced statistics and analysis. Sometimes the numbers can actually lie.

Loved and supported DMC since his Hog days, but he needs to remain healthy throughout his career and also remain more consistent with his running (play) on the field.

Thanks ChampCruThik. And it was Reggie. Lets see how it goes this week.
I feel like trading Spiller because I might get something good now. What ya think?
No problem, man. Another strong week and you can sell C.J. super, super-high. I'm talking like Spiller for Stafford or Fitzgerald, just for example. Could haul in a large package of RB1/RB2 and WR2.

any shot Torrey Smith plays tonight? i just found out about the death of his lil bro. sad man :smh: :frown:
If not, who should play my flex?
Donald Brown
Eric Decker
Jared Cook
I'd sit Torrey as a precaution. I'd start Brown, Decker, and Cook in that order. Cook is a risky start if you wanna chance it. Could see a fairly good game for him against Detroit, especially if it turns into a shootout.

i need to start 3...A.Morris, BGE, Sproles, DMC
Also Britt or S.Rice?
I'm going Rice over Britt. GB's DEF gives up a lot of yards, Seattle is home, and Britt is being limited for reps and routes by Munchak.

I'd go Sproles, Law Firm, and Morris. Sitting DMC against Pittsburgh because of difficult match-up.

Need help at WR ( 2 spots )
Now clue who to start :nerd:
Amendola
Aldrick Robinson
Wes Welker
Colston ( P )
another league
RB
CJ28 , Alfred Morris, Leshoure, Dwyer (2 Sports)
TE
Fleener or Davis
Welker, Amendola, Colston in that order.

CJ2K and Morris.

Fred Davis? Fleener over him.

on second thought maybe i should wait till what happens for sure. Its not confirmed that Torrey Smith is not playing and if he does play tonight, high emotions = monster game. i've seen it happen.

Pierre Thomas vs KC or Daryl Richardson vs Chi in the flex?
Should I play Greg Jennings this week? I have Fitz and Amendola at the 1 and 3 spots with Lance Moore, Torrey Smith, Alshon on the bench
Pierre Thomas easily. S-Jax is likely suiting up and starting. Chicago a difficult run defense anyway.

I'd sit Jennings because of the doubt surrounding his groin for Monday night. I'd insert Moore in for Jennings with Torrey possibly out tonight after the death of his brother.

Champ
thoughts on R Wayne (v JAC) or Stevie Johnson (v. CLE)?
Love Wayne's targets over past 2 wks, but Avery is trending up and like you stated, JAC has a solid pass D. Meanwhile, Stevie goes into CLE against their weak secondary, but Buffalo will want to establish the run w Spiller out there
Could be a toss up.. thoughts?
I honestly like both a lot. Can you afford to start both?

If I was absolutely forced to pick, I'd go Stevie by the slightest margin ever. The reason being Freddy and Nelson are out. Meaning Stevie, C.J., and Chandler all become more valuable. Can't see Cleveland limiting Stevie without Haden. Wayne is drawing a difficult pass defense, Luck is still a rookie (untrustworthy), and Avery and Fleener could steal targets.

I know Leshoure is gonna start, but i wonder what kinda split its gonna be...:rolleyes
I still think K. Smith takes the bulk of touches and reps, even with Leshoure getting his first NFL start. Could be nervy (Mikel).

would you guys sit Chris Johnson for Leshoure since he's starting today?
Ridley @ BAL or Trent Richardson vs BUF?
Trent, easily for me. Stay away from the B-More match-up.

Darryl Richardson, Steven Jackson, or Malcolm Floyd in a 1ppr.
I'm leaning Floyd because they will have to throw.
Floyd then S-Jax. Trust your gut.

might start alex smith over romo and vick

anybody want to talk me out of it ????

someone please talk me out of it
You absolutely have to start Romo. He's historically dominant against Tampa. Bucs got shredded last week by the G-Men. Home game. Dez, Witten, Miles, Murray, Ogletree all ready to roll.

Smith number two. Vick last because of the Arizona match-up.

I'm in 4 different leagues, sorry for all the questions.

Which 3 WR should I start:
Megatron vs. Titans
Jordy Nelson vs. Seahawks
V Jackson vs. Cowboys
Bowe vs Saints.

I want to start Megatron, I just don't know if his foot is that much of an issue.

link?
CampCruThick, as always good looks for the input also.
You got it, brotha.

Know J-Mac from your squad. He went to HS at St. Joe's with his twin bro (D-Mac). Good dude. Nice player to have on the Titans.

I'm in 4 different leagues, sorry for all the questions.
Which 3 WR should I start:
Megatron vs. Titans
Jordy Nelson vs. Seahawks
V Jackson vs. Cowboys
Bowe vs Saints.
I want to start Megatron, I just don't know if his foot is that much of an issue.
No need to apologize, bro. That's what this thread is for.

Megatron is a must-start. So is Bowe this week. I'd start Jordy well over V-Jax. Megatron, Bowe, Nelson is your answer.

Pierre Thomas vs KC or Daryl Richardson vs Chi in the flex?
Should I play Greg Jennings this week? I have Fitz and Amendola at the 1 and 3 spots with Lance Moore, Torrey Smith, Alshon on the bench
Pierre Thomas easily. S-Jax is likely suiting up and starting. Chicago a difficult run defense anyway.

I'd sit Jennings because of the doubt surrounding his groin for Monday night. I'd insert Moore in for Jennings with Torrey possibly out tonight after the death of his brother.

Champ
thoughts on R Wayne (v JAC) or Stevie Johnson (v. CLE)?
Love Wayne's targets over past 2 wks, but Avery is trending up and like you stated, JAC has a solid pass D. Meanwhile, Stevie goes into CLE against their weak secondary, but Buffalo will want to establish the run w Spiller out there
Could be a toss up.. thoughts?
I honestly like both a lot. Can you afford to start both?

If I was absolutely forced to pick, I'd go Stevie by the slightest margin ever. The reason being Freddy and Nelson are out. Meaning Stevie, C.J., and Chandler all become more valuable. Can't see Cleveland limiting Stevie without Haden. Wayne is drawing a difficult pass defense, Luck is still a rookie (untrustworthy), and Avery and Fleener could steal targets.

I know Leshoure is gonna start, but i wonder what kinda split its gonna be...:rolleyes
I still think K. Smith takes the bulk of touches and reps, even with Leshoure getting his first NFL start. Could be nervy (Mikel).

would you guys sit Chris Johnson for Leshoure since he's starting today?
Ridley @ BAL or Trent Richardson vs BUF?
Trent, easily for me. Stay away from the B-More match-up.

Darryl Richardson, Steven Jackson, or Malcolm Floyd in a 1ppr.
I'm leaning Floyd because they will have to throw.
Floyd then S-Jax. Trust your gut.

might start alex smith over romo and vick

anybody want to talk me out of it ????

someone please talk me out of it
You absolutely have to start Romo. He's historically dominant against Tampa. Bucs got shredded last week by the G-Men. Home game. Dez, Witten, Miles, Murray, Ogletree all ready to roll.

Smith number two. Vick last because of the Arizona match-up.

I could start both, but would have to take out Jordy Nelson? Jordy does have a tough matchup

I'm in a bind as a SJax owner, i couldn't pull any deals to get a RB, so I picked up Darryl Richardson. I know SJax is playing with the groin injury, but should I still roll with him? I also have Ryan Williams on my bench.

Help!

I could start both, but would have to take out Jordy Nelson? Jordy does have a tough matchup
Stevie has to start. That leaves Reggie Wayne or Jordy. Jennings being out potentially increases his value. Sherman and Browner a tough assignment at home. Wow, tough call. I'd sit Reggie Wayne slightly, but I don't like it.

I'm in a bind as a SJax owner, i couldn't pull any deals to get a RB, so I picked up Darryl Richardson. I know SJax is playing with the groin injury, but should I still roll with him? I also have Ryan Williams on my bench.
Help!
Yes, start with S-Jax over Richardson and Ry Williams. S-Jax is likely playing and starting. Williams hasn't proven enough and Philly's run DEF is much improved.

Pick 1
Ogletree
Blackmon
Aldrick Robinson
Ogletree, Blackmon, Robinson in that order.

Back
Top Bottom