2012 Official NFL Fantasy Football Thread

W2 Summary:

Right about Burner Turner thus far.

Wrong about McGahee in W2. Maybe he's fending off Moreno and Hillman after all. We'll have to patiently wait and see.

Roddy showed his worth on MNF, good value if he slipped into the mid-third. Beat Champ comfortably.

I admit that Demaryius is so far proving me wrong. Eric Decker is having trouble getting it go with Peyton in the regular season. I do see Manning try to force it into Tamme and Decker at times.

I'm thinking of trading away Gates and J Charles for Forte and Hernandez
thoughts?
:nerd:
No, Bill is very vague about Hernandez's timetable, a cause for concern. Forte's ankle sprain not as severe as initially thought, I'd change out Hernandez for a better player (WR or RB). Pickup a TE off the FA pool like Chandler, Pitta, Rudolph, etc., after trading Gates.

Should Chris Johnson be a buy low target?
Yes, he can't be any worse and managers are frustrated. I'm a patient man but even I'm annoyed with CJ2K. No running lanes and he's just not carrying the football with urgency. Also not getting enough touches from Munchak through two weeks.

I got a question for anyone using ESPN for their league, this is my first year.
I'm looking to pick up a TE, going for Bennett or Rudolph. I'm 10 of 10 on the waiver wire. Let's say my priority is Bennett, then Rudolph.
"Pending moves" (in priority order)
1. Add Bennett, Drop "Player A"
2. Add Rudolph, Drop "Player A"
Let's say I end up getting Bennett/dropping "Player A". What does the system do about my move for adding Rudolph? It just ignores it, right?
I would prioritize Rudolph first and Bennett second.

All I needed was 10 points. Just 10 points. Manning gave me 9.
I just got offered Aaron Rodgers, Pierre Garcon, Pierre Thomas and Cedric Benson for Arian Foster and RGIII.
I don't know if I'm over thinking it, but should I do it?
Don't feel bad. I benched Rivers for Peyton in my hometown league and ended up losing because of it.

No deal. RG3 is proving to be Cam-worthy in fantasy, Arian is un-replaceable barring injury.

I mean, why not sell RG3 high and try to get Rodgers straight up for him (if you don't think that RG3 can keep this up)?
If you are trading both Foster and RG3, you better be getting at least 2 fantasy "stars" back. I see only one in that trade.
I agree with working around a RG3 for Rodgers swap, selling the Skins star very high. If the opposing manager counters back with RG3 and Bench RB/WR for Rodgers, that's still probably a good deal for you. Rodgers is still top-3 on the board with Foster and Rice.

fitz and julio with a cool 1 point combine :smh:
lost in all my leagues too |I
That's tough luck, man. No fantasy expert would ever see that coming for Fitz and Julio. Julio should have had a first-quarter TD if not for a late drop. Arizona's QB situation is just disheartening but the hope is Fitz producing with Skelton and Kolb in 2011-2012. No reason he shouldn't warm up and do the same, just hopefully not against Philly.

My friend is being really persistent.
He's pretty much offering Aaron Rodgers + a whole lot of different people for RGIII and Arian Foster.
My Team
His Team, Anyone I should consider? He's pretty much offered up anyone on his team.
RG3 and Arian for Rodgers, Matthews, and Sproles or Charles. That's the type of package you should expect in return with Foster involved.

Lost by 4 points and that was because my Kicker (Bailey), D (Cowboys), and TE (Mercedes Lewis) put up 3 points combined :smh:
Who should I pick up between these kickers:

Matt Bryant (ATL) or Justin Tucker (Baltimore)
For Defense I think I'm pick up the Lions since they play Ten and Minnesota next week
I might pick up M Benneit for TE and bench Lewis
Bryant over Tucker, long-term.

Definitely drop Lewis for Bennett. The J-Ville QB situation is putrid. Yes, I'm looking at you Blaine, AKA Sunshine from "Remember the Titans."

Cobb vs Seattle's defense,or Desean vs Cardinals defense? :x
D-Jax the more consistent and dependable option, as much as I love Cobb. Seattle's DEF is an animal at home. D-Jax beat Haden, one of the top cover corners in the league, for 4/77. Played through a hammy and got B-More for 7/114.

You starting Gonzo or VD this week?

Hey NT fam,

Got a trade offer this morning in my PPR league, wanted to bounce it off you guys....

I Give up: Jeremy Maclin and Pierre Garcon

I Get : Chris Johnson and Brandon Lloyd

My other WRs: Cruz, D. Moore and McCluster
My other RBs: T. Rich, Forte, Hillis, and Pierre Thomas

I won't to do this trade as is, becuase I feel it would leave me too thin at WR but I do have a need at RB with Forte out this week and maybe more.  I believe at some point CJ will "wake up", just like last year.  And the thought of a productive CJ with Forte and Richardson seems like a nasty combo. This guy in my league really wants Maclin, so I was maybe going to counter Maclin for CJ striaght up... thoughts?
Deal. Buying CJ2K super-low. Lloyd should produce with McDaniels, Wes being phased out, and Hernandez now out.

Brandon Lloyd, Dwayne Bowe, Stevie Johnson. Need to pick 2 of these guys to start. Right now I have in Lloyd and Johnson I'm not sure whether to keep Lloyd in or bring him out for Bowe.
And also Jared Cook vs. DET or Jacob Tamme vs. HOU?
Edit: It's a PPR league.
Tamme more reliable target than Cook.

D. Bowe is a must-start for me after W2 showing little rust without camp. Baltimore a tougher defensive match-up as a whole, Haden (CLE's top corner by far) suspended, so Stevie over Lloyd as Buffalo's clear #1 receiving threat.

2-0 going into week 3...Need help on who to start this weekend
QB:
Vick vs Ari
or
Big Ben vs Oak
Flex:
Peterson vs SF
Malcolm Floyd vs Atl
Ridley vs Bal
D/St
Seattle vs GB
or
Bills vs Cle
Big Ben has the far more favorable match-up. Bartell out, A. Brown and Wallace should cook. But Vick has proven to be a must-start after two weeks. Does it continue against a stingy Arizona DEF? I'd go Big Ben by a slight, slight margin.

DEF: I'd start Buffalo based on the match-up even though Seattle is home. Aaron Rodgers is too good not to put up significant points.

Flex: I'd still start AP despite the match-up, Floyd next, Ridley last.

Are Fred Davis and Jared Cook worth dropping at this point for any of the TEs that might be on the WW right now. I have Davis in one league, Cook in the other. The league that I have Davis in is 12 teams, and the only TEs on waivers worth adding are probably Pitta and Chandler. The league with Cook is 10 teams, and the guys available are M. Lewis, Gresham, Rudolph, Pitta, Celek, Chandler, Fleener, Olsen.
I usually don't like carrying 2 TEs, but might either of these guys be worth keeping?
I'd drop Cook in a heartbeat for Pitta. Davis for Pitta, to a lesser extent. Rudolph and Fleener also draw consideration in 10-team leagues.

Back
Top Bottom