2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

Originally Posted by thacapt

Check out Wlad's response to David Hayes pre-fight antics.

http://www.telegraph.co.u...e-with-silent-video.html

Wlad is that dude.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Few fighters on this planet I have less respect for than David Haye, if any...Heartless fraud with no dignity or class. I guess it worked though, for him to talk his way into that fight and got a paycheck was the work of a good con artist.

I'm surprised they put Paul Williams in with such a tough fighter, pretty big career risk to go up against Lara right now, it's kind of a lose-lose situation against a very good up and coming fighter. With Rios/Antillion and Zab/Kahn, should be a good month of boxing

Wlad is that dude.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Few fighters on this planet I have less respect for than David Haye, if any...Heartless fraud with no dignity or class. I guess it worked though, for him to talk his way into that fight and got a paycheck was the work of a good con artist.

I'm surprised they put Paul Williams in with such a tough fighter, pretty big career risk to go up against Lara right now, it's kind of a lose-lose situation against a very good up and coming fighter. With Rios/Antillion and Zab/Kahn, should be a good month of boxing

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Wlad is that dude.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Paul always said he wanted to fight the best, and he's getting his wishes.

Sucks for boxing though, losers of big fights always seem to get bigger and better fights with bigger and better purses. Winners of big fights seem to always get garbage opponents with subpar purses. Punisher was kinda that way for awhile, guess he's passed that on to Sergio.

Wlad is that dude.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Paul always said he wanted to fight the best, and he's getting his wishes.

Sucks for boxing though, losers of big fights always seem to get bigger and better fights with bigger and better purses. Winners of big fights seem to always get garbage opponents with subpar purses. Punisher was kinda that way for awhile, guess he's passed that on to Sergio.

Wlad is that dude.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Bro, according to UK sources Wladimir and David got â‚¬22 million each!!!!!!

That's about $30 million us dollars.

Wlad is that dude.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Bro, according to UK sources Wladimir and David got â‚¬22 million each!!!!!!

That's about $30 million us dollars.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Lara looked awful against Molina though, I kinda think Paul just overwhelms him with his punches.
That's been my thought all along.
Lara doesn't seem to respond well to pressure.

But Lara did take this fight for a reason, and he does pack a mean left.

But Paul just breaks Lara down with the pressure he brings, kinda like what happened to Melligen..

laugh.gif

Lara looked awful against Molina though, I kinda think Paul just overwhelms him with his punches.
That's been my thought all along.
Lara doesn't seem to respond well to pressure.

But Lara did take this fight for a reason, and he does pack a mean left.

But Paul just breaks Lara down with the pressure he brings, kinda like what happened to Melligen..

laugh.gif

I'm just curious to see how Paul comes out looking. They say they didn't change anything in the corner or about his game plan since they feel it was a one in a million shot from Sergio. Don't seem too afraid of Lara's power either. Looking forward to the undercard fight too.

I'm just curious to see how Paul comes out looking. They say they didn't change anything in the corner or about his game plan since they feel it was a one in a million shot from Sergio. Don't seem too afraid of Lara's power either. Looking forward to the undercard fight too.

what sucks is I believe the Rios fight will be aired the same time as the Williams.
30t6p3b.gif

But both of the fights undercard fights are good.

Kermit vs Carlos Molina and Chris Arreola vs Friday 

what sucks is I believe the Rios fight will be aired the same time as the Williams.
30t6p3b.gif

But both of the fights undercard fights are good.

Kermit vs Carlos Molina and Chris Arreola vs Friday 

[h2]a good quick read.
[/h2]
[h2]
[/h2][h2]Quick quote: Victor Conte on how steroids & testosterone can help with endurance[/h2]
By Zach Arnold | July 6, 2011

Eddie Goldman recently talked about the usage of steroids in the combat sports world with Dr. Margaret Goodman. He pointed out that the conventional wisdom in boxing circles is that steroids help increase power but hurt speed for fighters. (He brought up Fernando Vargas vs. Oscar De La Hoya.)

In response to the whole topic of steroids & testosterone usage in the combat sports, Eddie received a note from the one and only Victor Conte on the matter.

“Trainers have told him that anabolic steroids help a fighter with power but not with endurance. That’s not correct. They can also help with endurance. As you know, steroids can increase red blood cell production and significantly increase Hematrocit levels. This has been the case with many professional bodybuilders that I’ve worked with. I’ve seen Hematocrit levels between 54% & 59% in bodybuilders that were not using EPO. So, steroids can help a fighter’s endurance by increasing their Hematocrit levels.

“Steroids help to promote anabolism, in part, by increasing cell volumnization and this can create muscle tightness or a pump. Sprinters actually run slower on steroids due to tightness compared to after they come off and return to a normal water balance. My experience is that a sprinter is about 2 meters faster over 100 meters once they come off steroids compared to when they are actually on steroids. A fighter would be slower when using steroids compared to after they come off steroids. In the old days, drug coaches used to use a 10 day taper period. However, most educated drug coaches have their sprinters go off for two weeks before competition. This is when the athletes run the fastest times.

“In short, testosterone can increase Hematocrit levels and after an adequate taper period can not only increase power and speed but also improve a fighter’s endurance as well.

[h2]a good quick read.
[/h2]
[h2]
[/h2][h2]Quick quote: Victor Conte on how steroids & testosterone can help with endurance[/h2]
By Zach Arnold | July 6, 2011

Eddie Goldman recently talked about the usage of steroids in the combat sports world with Dr. Margaret Goodman. He pointed out that the conventional wisdom in boxing circles is that steroids help increase power but hurt speed for fighters. (He brought up Fernando Vargas vs. Oscar De La Hoya.)

In response to the whole topic of steroids & testosterone usage in the combat sports, Eddie received a note from the one and only Victor Conte on the matter.

“Trainers have told him that anabolic steroids help a fighter with power but not with endurance. That’s not correct. They can also help with endurance. As you know, steroids can increase red blood cell production and significantly increase Hematrocit levels. This has been the case with many professional bodybuilders that I’ve worked with. I’ve seen Hematocrit levels between 54% & 59% in bodybuilders that were not using EPO. So, steroids can help a fighter’s endurance by increasing their Hematocrit levels.

“Steroids help to promote anabolism, in part, by increasing cell volumnization and this can create muscle tightness or a pump. Sprinters actually run slower on steroids due to tightness compared to after they come off and return to a normal water balance. My experience is that a sprinter is about 2 meters faster over 100 meters once they come off steroids compared to when they are actually on steroids. A fighter would be slower when using steroids compared to after they come off steroids. In the old days, drug coaches used to use a 10 day taper period. However, most educated drug coaches have their sprinters go off for two weeks before competition. This is when the athletes run the fastest times.

“In short, testosterone can increase Hematocrit levels and after an adequate taper period can not only increase power and speed but also improve a fighter’s endurance as well.

I think it's just Kermit/Molina on the undercard tomorrow.
Yup. But a name to look out for that's fighting on the undercard and making his Top Rank debut tonight is Mercito "No Mercy" Gesta. Lightweight contender and BANGS THE DRUM.  I have money that he's the next Filipino Boxing Star.

No predictions?

Cintron by UD (116-112, 8 rds to 4).
Pun by UD (118-110, 10 rds to 2).
Rios by KO8.

Yup. But a name to look out for that's fighting on the undercard and making his Top Rank debut tonight is Mercito "No Mercy" Gesta. Lightweight contender and BANGS THE DRUM.  I have money that he's the next Filipino Boxing Star.

No predictions?

Rios by KO8.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

No predictions?

Rios by KO8.
I like what I saw from Mercito Gesta in his last fight. He looks like a brawler in the ring.
Paul Williams by Unanimous Decision 117-111 I think Lara is not ready yet. 

Back
Top Bottom