2011 Official Boxing Thread: 12/30 Jermain Taylor + Andre Dirrell return on ShoBox.

And it's not like he's fighting low level guys, he's fighting better opposition than JCC Jr by miles but he's making these guys look bad. Once they get hit with that first big shot they change their whole style up.

And it's not like he's fighting low level guys, he's fighting better opposition than JCC Jr by miles but he's making these guys look bad. Once they get hit with that first big shot they change their whole style up.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

I think GBP is doing the right thing by moving him along at this pace...remember, the kid is only 20.

They rushed Ortiz into the spotlight...see where that got him, took him 2 years to get himself together again.

??????????????//

Ortiz Was DOMINATING maidana , he knock dude down 3 times and was taking the fight EASY. he just felt like brawling with a brawler and wimped out towards the end ,

sauls been a pro for 6 year and is undefeated, he needs to get thrown in their with the lions of the divison, you wanna move along at a nice pace? be an amateur, but to wast peoples time and money is just wrong.

i respect dudes like devon alexander/amir khan who take an L and jump back in there with formidable opponents .
in parts its boxings fault cus whenever i follow MMA (aka whenever its on at buffalo wild wings
laugh.gif
)i notice dudes who sell ppv's will be 18-3 .
if your 18-3 in boxing you'd be lucky to be on friday night fights. you go from prospect to stepping stone with 1 fight.
tired.gif

I think GBP is doing the right thing by moving him along at this pace...remember, the kid is only 20.

They rushed Ortiz into the spotlight...see where that got him, took him 2 years to get himself together again.

??????????????//

Ortiz Was DOMINATING maidana , he knock dude down 3 times and was taking the fight EASY. he just felt like brawling with a brawler and wimped out towards the end ,

sauls been a pro for 6 year and is undefeated, he needs to get thrown in their with the lions of the divison, you wanna move along at a nice pace? be an amateur, but to wast peoples time and money is just wrong.

i respect dudes like devon alexander/amir khan who take an L and jump back in there with formidable opponents .
in parts its boxings fault cus whenever i follow MMA (aka whenever its on at buffalo wild wings
laugh.gif
if your 18-3 in boxing you'd be lucky to be on friday night fights. you go from prospect to stepping stone with 1 fight.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 2o6

??????????????//

laugh.gif
tired.gif
Cosign.
Boxing doesnt need a new superstar or Pac v. Money to get itself out of the grave MMA is helping it dig ....It needs a culture change.

Originally Posted by 2o6

??????????????//

laugh.gif
tired.gif
Cosign.
Boxing doesnt need a new superstar or Pac v. Money to get itself out of the grave MMA is helping it dig ....It needs a culture change.

Originally Posted by 2o6

??????????????//

laugh.gif
tired.gif

The thing is, the fighters from the earlier era set the standard of having undefeated records = great fighter and having losses on your record = washed up/not great, etc. Boxing needs to put better match ups but yes it does need a culture change, even if it happens it will take time (5 years or more) But I don't see it happening, boxing is too traditional of a sport for it to happen.

Originally Posted by 2o6

??????????????//

laugh.gif
tired.gif

The thing is, the fighters from the earlier era set the standard of having undefeated records = great fighter and having losses on your record = washed up/not great, etc. Boxing needs to put better match ups but yes it does need a culture change, even if it happens it will take time (5 years or more) But I don't see it happening, boxing is too traditional of a sport for it to happen.

not a 180 change.

maybe get back on TNT, and get on Versus, a little more promo on espn , etc.

oh and 2 belts per division.the belt system is
sick.gif

and would it kill espn to get ppl that know what they're talking about
laugh.gif

not a 180 change.

maybe get back on TNT, and get on Versus, a little more promo on espn , etc.

oh and 2 belts per division.the belt system is
sick.gif

and would it kill espn to get ppl that know what they're talking about
laugh.gif

"Ortiz Was DOMINATING maidana , he knock dude down 3 times and was taking the fight EASY. he just felt like brawling with a brawler and wimped out towards the end"

Dominating? I wouldn't say that...fight went back and forth, Ortiz just happened to finally have his will broken.

You guys want a culture change? Tell that to these promoters who continue to beef with each other, therefore not putting their best fighters against each other. IE: Bob Arum Vs. EVERYBODY. Imagine how much better boxing would be if GBP/Top Rank/DiBella would promote cards together.

Shane Mosley/Sergio Mora, Pac-Man/Margarito headlining PPV's? !%+*@.

"Ortiz Was DOMINATING maidana , he knock dude down 3 times and was taking the fight EASY. he just felt like brawling with a brawler and wimped out towards the end"

Dominating? I wouldn't say that...fight went back and forth, Ortiz just happened to finally have his will broken.

You guys want a culture change? Tell that to these promoters who continue to beef with each other, therefore not putting their best fighters against each other. IE: Bob Arum Vs. EVERYBODY. Imagine how much better boxing would be if GBP/Top Rank/DiBella would promote cards together.

tired.gif
they ruining the sport.

also i always wanted to ask how u guys feel about 2:40-

tired.gif
they ruining the sport.

Originally Posted by 2o6

�

tired.gif
they ruining the sport.

Straight robbery. Disgusting.

Originally Posted by 2o6

�

tired.gif
they ruining the sport.

Straight robbery. Disgusting.

MMA isn't burying boxing. The PPV's destroy MMA PPV's every year.

laugh.gif
I remember seeing that live and going crazy for Andrade. Credit to Bute, he beat the hell out of him the next fight.

MMA isn't burying boxing. The PPV's destroy MMA PPV's every year.

laugh.gif
I remember seeing that live and going crazy for Andrade. Credit to Bute, he beat the hell out of him the next fight.

Back
Top Bottom