2011 NBA MVP Thread

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

There was an excellent post on Basketball Reference breaking down the Rose has no teammates argument, which is just flat out untrue.

The Chicago Bulls when D. Rose is on the court outscore the other team by 5 points, when he steps off the court they outscore opponents by 2.3 points, that basically means that without Derrick Rose the Bulls are still a playoff caliber team and they would win about as many games as Hornets or Thunder.

The Bulls without derrick rose would probably be a team like the Charlotte Bobcats last year, really bad offense but defense is so smothering that they still win about 47 games.
laugh.gif
  All your post proves is that the Bulls's bench defense>opponent's bench defense.  Which is true
pimp.gif
I'm proud of our bench. 

Love how you're completely ignoring that Raymond Felton manned the offense for those Charlotte Bobcats.  After DRose we don't have any body who can quarterback like Felton. 
You know, there is a reason it's called "adjusted", I think you can probably guess what they adjust for.

There was an excellent post on Basketball Reference breaking down the Rose has no teammates argument, which is just flat out untrue.

The Chicago Bulls when D. Rose is on the court outscore the other team by 5 points, when he steps off the court they outscore opponents by 2.3 points, that basically means that without Derrick Rose the Bulls are still a playoff caliber team and they would win about as many games as Hornets or Thunder.

The Bulls without derrick rose would probably be a team like the Charlotte Bobcats last year, really bad offense but defense is so smothering that they still win about 47 games.
you know something

you know something

You know, there is a reason it's called "adjusted", I think you can probably guess what they adjust for.

And?  What part of my post wasn't true? 

And?  What part of my post wasn't true? 

I have seen a lot of mention for Rose lately. Beating D12, and then a shot at Bron on Sunday could just about wrap it up imo. People gonna remember the ORLD game, and now this thrashing vs the Spurs. Bulls stay in the 2 seed, I think Rose gets it.

I have seen a lot of mention for Rose lately. Beating D12, and then a shot at Bron on Sunday could just about wrap it up imo. People gonna remember the ORLD game, and now this thrashing vs the Spurs. Bulls stay in the 2 seed, I think Rose gets it.

It changes weekly (well after Rose), but with the way Miami's getting exposed lately I see nothing wrong with Sir Charles' picks.

It changes weekly (well after Rose), but with the way Miami's getting exposed lately I see nothing wrong with Sir Charles' picks.

I'd love to see the stats for when Dwight isn't in the game. Post trade and pre
Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Did Amare fall off that bad that hes not even considered top 10? The f?
The overall team performance fell off and we were in a slump for a while. Our record isn't good enough.
Lets be honest. Amar'e isn't good enough. If we were a 50 win team right now he wouldn't deserve MVP over Dwight or LeBron. Dude isn't even averaging a double double. I think he'd need to specifically have his best seasons in rebounding and blocked shots to really be considered and bump his ppg by 5 or 7.

I'd love to see the stats for when Dwight isn't in the game. Post trade and pre
Originally Posted by GaBeGRaMz

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Did Amare fall off that bad that hes not even considered top 10? The f?
The overall team performance fell off and we were in a slump for a while. Our record isn't good enough.
Lets be honest. Amar'e isn't good enough. If we were a 50 win team right now he wouldn't deserve MVP over Dwight or LeBron. Dude isn't even averaging a double double. I think he'd need to specifically have his best seasons in rebounding and blocked shots to really be considered and bump his ppg by 5 or 7.

as much as i hate him i'll say dwight......the rose hype is a lil overrated.......sup im mr avg 20 points off 20+ attempts
30t6p3b.gif

as much as i hate him i'll say dwight......the rose hype is a lil overrated.......sup im mr avg 20 points off 20+ attempts
30t6p3b.gif

There is no way on earth Dwight wins MVP. I say when the hardware is handed out Rose will be the one Stern is giving the trophy to.

There is no way on earth Dwight wins MVP. I say when the hardware is handed out Rose will be the one Stern is giving the trophy to.

Back
Top Bottom