2011 NBA MVP Thread

He also spends a huge chunk of those minutes on the bench because he's bouncing on and off the court to avoid having to shoot free throws... He shoots 9 shots per 48 clutch minutes. So, yeah... His value drops off significantly.

laugh.gif
at this hype on Dwight. His team is in 4th place. He ain't getting MVP.

If bulls stay in the 2 spot it's rose. If not, i can see Dirk getting it. Wish Amare can get it but it's not going to happen especially with melo now in town.

laugh.gif
at this hype on Dwight. His team is in 4th place. He ain't getting MVP.

If bulls stay in the 2 spot it's rose. If not, i can see Dirk getting it. Wish Amare can get it but it's not going to happen especially with melo now in town.

The answer is Rose...... and it really shouldnt be close

Rose hasnt played with noah and boozer as a collective for almost all the season

Orlando will win less games then they did last year, how does that equate a mvp candidate??? they have to win every game from now until the end of the regular season just to tie last years record

Bulls won 41 last year, they already won 2 more games than last year, and that total realistically could read 16-17 games more than last season..... Rose is the MVP

James team cannont finish, he just misses in the clutch

Rose hasnt played with noah and boozer as a collective for almost all the season

Orlando will win less games then they did last year, how does that equate a mvp candidate??? they have to win every game from now until the end of the regular season just to tie last years record

Bulls won 41 last year, they already won 2 more games than last year, and that total realistically could read 16-17 games more than last season..... Rose is the MVP

Its too bad Dirk's injury will prevent him from getting the MVP recognition he deserves. Look at the Mavs record when he plays. No injury and he is the MVP by far.

Its too bad Dirk's injury will prevent him from getting the MVP recognition he deserves. Look at the Mavs record when he plays. No injury and he is the MVP by far.

43-9 when Dirk is healthy.
sick.gif

Even then, I don't think he would've run away with it...

43-9 when Dirk is healthy.
sick.gif

Even then, I don't think he would've run away with it...

I don't really care about who will get the MVP because that's not something we have control over. What I can do is speculate on who should win MVP. And that player is Dwight.

LOL at the purely arbitrary conjecture being used to attempt to extrapolate a player's value to his team, just utter folly in my opinion. Like a player should be rewarded because his teammates got hurt, or he should be MVP because he's a point guard (guy who said he gives the edge to Rose because he has to shoot and create). Dwight has clearly been the best defender in the league. He has been one of the best offensive players in the league (second in PER). Throughout the year, the second best starter on the Magic has vacillated between the likes of Brandon Bass and Jameer Nelson. You want to discuss value? Dwight has been worth 11.3 wins to his team according to win shares (a statistically significant metric). Rose has been worth approximately 8.6.

I don't really care about who will get the MVP because that's not something we have control over. What I can do is speculate on who should win MVP. And that player is Dwight.

LOL at the purely arbitrary conjecture being used to attempt to extrapolate a player's value to his team, just utter folly in my opinion. Like a player should be rewarded because his teammates got hurt, or he should be MVP because he's a point guard (guy who said he gives the edge to Rose because he has to shoot and create). Dwight has clearly been the best defender in the league. He has been one of the best offensive players in the league (second in PER). Throughout the year, the second best starter on the Magic has vacillated between the likes of Brandon Bass and Jameer Nelson. You want to discuss value? Dwight has been worth 11.3 wins to his team according to win shares (a statistically significant metric). Rose has been worth approximately 8.6.

Originally Posted by mrtramericanjr

It's closer than you're making it out to be. Rose is having a tremendous season, however Dwight continues to be the best defensive player in the league while having a career year on offense. You say Rose hasn't played with Noah and Boozer all season, well the Magic went through a massive overhaul of their team mid-season, so that's been an issue for them as well. 
Simply because Orlando is going to win less games, doesn't diminish what Dwight has done for that team, without him they're a lotto team. Coach Thibodeau deserves most of the credit for the Bulls improved defense, meanwhile Dwight single handedly makes Orlando a top defensive team, when you have SVG as your coach and the cast of players around you like Dwight.. that's really saying something.

Originally Posted by mrtramericanjr

It's closer than you're making it out to be. Rose is having a tremendous season, however Dwight continues to be the best defensive player in the league while having a career year on offense. You say Rose hasn't played with Noah and Boozer all season, well the Magic went through a massive overhaul of their team mid-season, so that's been an issue for them as well. 
Simply because Orlando is going to win less games, doesn't diminish what Dwight has done for that team, without him they're a lotto team. Coach Thibodeau deserves most of the credit for the Bulls improved defense, meanwhile Dwight single handedly makes Orlando a top defensive team, when you have SVG as your coach and the cast of players around you like Dwight.. that's really saying something.

What I can do is speculate on who should win MVP. And that player is Dwight.

Sorry champ but I seriously doubt Mr. Technical Foul gets the MVP trophy this year.  At the end of the day be it his free throw percentage of his likelyhood to pick up a technical foul Dwight is a liability at certain points during the game.  Which is exactly why he won't be playing in the game on Monday because he's suspended and now your going to have more players and teams going after him to get more techs called on him. 

There it is. 

What I can do is speculate on who should win MVP. And that player is Dwight.

Sorry champ but I seriously doubt Mr. Technical Foul gets the MVP trophy this year.  At the end of the day be it his free throw percentage of his likelyhood to pick up a technical foul Dwight is a liability at certain points during the game.  Which is exactly why he won't be playing in the game on Monday because he's suspended and now your going to have more players and teams going after him to get more techs called on him. 

There it is. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

This guy knows what he's talkin about
pimp.gif

This guy knows what he's talkin about
pimp.gif

^Witty.

It's funny that Dwight doesn't deserve MVP because he's a "liability" for the two or three offensive possessions down the stretch in the 1/5 games that are close enough to necessitate such a strategy, but Derrick Rose isn't a liability at all even though in every other game he takes 25 shots to get 25 points en route to a 44 FG% for the season. That makes perfect sense.

^Witty.

It's funny that Dwight doesn't deserve MVP because he's a "liability" for the two or three offensive possessions down the stretch in the 1/5 games that are close enough to necessitate such a strategy, but Derrick Rose isn't a liability at all even though in every other game he takes 25 shots to get 25 points en route to a 44 FG% for the season. That makes perfect sense.

Its not like Dwight is putting up Sheed numbers on his techs,
laugh.gif
@ that being a reason he doesn't deserve MVP.

His FT% is a legitimate complaint, however if that's the only complaint then you have a weak argument. He's gotten MVP votes the past few years so he's been in the discussion before.. Meanwhile Rose will be the rare exception where a player comes out of nowhere and wins the MVP.

Its not like Dwight is putting up Sheed numbers on his techs,
laugh.gif
@ that being a reason he doesn't deserve MVP.

His FT% is a legitimate complaint, however if that's the only complaint then you have a weak argument. He's gotten MVP votes the past few years so he's been in the discussion before.. Meanwhile Rose will be the rare exception where a player comes out of nowhere and wins the MVP.

^Witty.

i agree with you, but writers and voters are not going to care about the numbers issue. They're gonna see Chicago record and how Rose has been consistent since day 1.  Plus the media is on the Rose train. D12 is doing it on both ends, but i think its just a little too late.

The choice is Rose right now..

Lebron, Dwight and Dirk are still possibilities but they would need to have great individual numbers and great team success these last 20 games to pass up Rose right now..

^Witty.

i agree with you, but writers and voters are not going to care about the numbers issue. They're gonna see Chicago record and how Rose has been consistent since day 1.  Plus the media is on the Rose train. D12 is doing it on both ends, but i think its just a little too late.

The choice is Rose right now..

Lebron, Dwight and Dirk are still possibilities but they would need to have great individual numbers and great team success these last 20 games to pass up Rose right now..

Back
Top Bottom