2011 another great year for college football

These boys
laugh.gif

These poor defenses on Wisconsin and Oregon gonna be in for a long day.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gabers

Originally Posted by Noskey

Bull !*+%. That was a forward motion. !$%* you refs.

Nah actually it wasn't!! Clearly a fumble brah.

I'm gonna try and out-homer Cardo today. So as far as I care, that was an incomplete pass.

[h3]Success no surprise to Ward[/h3]Channing Ward isn't surprised by the success of the White team's defensive line in the first two days of practice.
"Well, it's obviously no one can stop any of us one on one," Ward said. "So imagine what's going to happen when all four are on the field at the same time?"

Ward will make his selection during Thursday's game between LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi and Mississippi State. He will not narrow down his selection any more but says he has an idea of which school he will select.

"It's a hard decision but it's time to do it and all that's left to do is pick a school," Ward added.
[h3]Making a strong first impression[/h3]Defensive lineman Leonard Williams left a strong impression on center Jay Guillermo in the first two days of practice.
"I think [Williams] is pretty freakin' good, man," Guillermo said. "He's got a bull rush like I've never seen before."

Williams took reps at defensive tackle and defensive end yesterday but moved back to end today.
[h3]Surging Seumalo[/h3]Seumalo was one of the best at blocking Mario Edwards in pass-rush drills. Seumalo said Edwards' ranking as the top prospect in the nation didn't offer further motivation.
"Everyone here is an Under Armour All-American and ranked, it doesn't really mean anything," the four-star offensive guard said. "You've just got to come out and do what you are taught to do."

The battle between Seumalo and Edwards got pretty intense with a few choice words uttered during and after their battles.

Four-star defensive end Dante Fowler Jr. from St. Petersburg (Fla.) Lakewood said Seumalo was one of the two most impressive players he has faced this week, along with Brandon Greene from Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove. Seumalo is committed to Oregon State. Greene is committed to Alabama.

"Seumalo, he's real strong," Fowler Jr. said. (Greene), he's got good footwork. That's what set them apart."
[h3]Oregon State commit to trip to USC[/h3]Isaac Seumalo (Corvallis, Ore./Corvallis) is stunned that USC has offered him. He committed to Oregon State in June and was offered by the Trojans shortly after.
"It's USC," Seumalo said. "I never thought they would ever even recruit me let alone offer me a scholarship. I still can't believe it. I never thought I was good enough to play at a school like that. I am going to visit there just to check it out in January (Jan. 13)."

The Beavers will still prove tough to beat. He's local, his brother plays for Oregon State and he has a great relationship with everyone in the program.

"I love those coaches. I would love a chance to play with my brother (Andrew) for one year. My dad's there," Seumalo said. "It would be great to play for them for so many reasons."

Seumalo is the top recruit from the state of Oregon.
[h3]Surging Santos[/h3]Dalton Santos' play has certainly turned heads. The linebacker from Van (Texas) High School has become known as an intense player in just two practices.
"I'm trying to get out here and make statement for myself," said Santos. "I come out here and bring the wood out here every play I can. I'm just trying to make my presence known."

"It's always been like that, always getting out there and putting fear in somebody because when you get in somebody's head, you make them worry," he said. "Then they're worried about where you are instead of trying to make a play.

"It makes your life easier because they're not looking for the ball, they're looking for you. That's what I'm all about. Hitting people and letting people know I'm there for sure."
[h3]Back in action[/h3]After sitting out most of Sunday's practice, Eddie Goldman was back for the entire session on Monday.
Goldman, a five-star defensive tackle from Washington (D.C.) Friendship, said he competed well and had two sacks, a couple of tackles and a pass break-up on a screen pass.

He also has many players recruiting him.

Fowler Jr., who is committed to Florida State, said Goldman is priority No. 1.

"He likes to keep everything on the low," Fowler Jr. said. "He seems pretty responsive. Me and Mario (Edwards), we were with him in the summer and we talked to him. We're just trying to take it step by step."
With the offensive line occupied by the defensive line, the linebackers were free to roam uninhibited. No one took advantage of the room to run better than Michigan commitment Joe Bolden. Bolden was popping pads during walk-thrus, and he continued to seek and destory when the tempo was moved to full speed. Bolden doesn't do anything half-speed. He showed he was capable of dropping into coverage as well as attacking the line of scrimmage.

Über athlete Davonte Neal of Scottsdale, Ariz. worked more at wide receiver today after spending most of the first practice at cornerback. He had trouble getting off the line against Echols, but he still shows his trademark explosiveness in and out of his routes.

Miami commitment Angelo Jean-Louis proved to be the most consistent target of the quarterbacks. He looks like he's filled out considerably since I saw him over the summer. He weighed in this week at 192 pounds, and he looks physically ready to contribute when he steps on campus for the Hurricanes.

At defensive back,  Chaz Elder of College Park, Ga. did a good job of running the sidelines with some of the bigger receivers like 5-Star Cayleb Jones. He elevated several times playing cornerback to break up passes.

Texas commit Bryson Echols was another standout in the secondary. He did a good job in press coverage to disrupt the receivers' routes off the line of scrimmage. He doesn't have Elder's size, but he's better technically and his change of direction and quickness is superb.

While the defense lagged behind the offense, they certainly weren't shut out on the day. Clemons commit Chad Kelly has the strongest arm of the three Black squad quarterbacks. He has a quick release and made some of the prettiest throws on the day, but he was inconsistent with his accuracy.

Cooper was the only wideout to make a catch on Eddie Williams. Some here feel that Cooper is the best WR in through practices so far. He's looked great, running a variety of routes especially quick-hitting slants.
Andrew Bone: Just spoke to Eddie Willams. He confirmed once again he will play WR at Alabama.

as far as i'm concerned williams gets may get moved if landon collins commits

Back
Top Bottom