2010 NFL Draft Completed! T-MINUS 362 DAY Till 2011 NFL DRAFT (1st page update w/all pick)

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

AG 47 wrote:

*WTH are the Raiders doing?

What you talking bout J's?

I think McClain is an absolute beast and it's not a knock on him, but I thought there were more pressing needs on the offensive line.....maybe it's just me. 

Yeah, the most pressing needs were OT, DT, and LB imo. Our LB's were a big reason why we ranked so low in run defense.
Terrible gap control and missing assignments all game long.

There's still the 2nd and 3rd to shore up the trenches.

Now if we draft Taylor Mays in the 2nd, I'm launching my remote into the tv.

what high grade O Lineman were there for the Raiders to take?

for once they made a good move and did not screw up and take a work out warrior like Bruce campbell

Former Tennessee safety Eric Berry will wear No. 29 on his Kansas City Chiefs jersey to honor former Tennessee defensive back Inky Johnson.

Johnson suffered a devastating shoulder injury in 2006. He was a graduate assistant coach under former UT coaches Phillip Fulmer and Lane Kiffin before being reassigned to the UT’s development office this past January.

Johnson said he hopes to return to coaching, likely at the high school level. He still has little use of his right arm.

A representative from Berry’s agent confirmed the jersey switch. Berry wore No. 14 while playing for UT.

TheGift23 wrote:
Bunch of people on the radio today saying Gruden's sitdown with Clausen screwed Jimmy in the end...here's the interview :

how did that screw jimmy? i dont see it....its just that after the top 10 people werent really looking for a QB so you knew he was going to freefall.....

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Cowboys are giving Dez the 88...
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Think Jerruh expects big things?
Bryant with 88? Yep.
pimp.gif

antonio-bryant.bmp

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

It was brought up by Kornheiser on his show and Rich Aizen on the Dan Patrick Show....

Here's what Mayock said yesterday morning :

"There are these nagging concerns about what kind of kid is he and the other night people around the league were talking about this," NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said this morning on the Dan Patrick Show.  "He threw his wide receiver under the bus.  And quarterbacking 101 is you take responsibility.  Everything is your fault."

Mayock said that caused some to wonder, "People look at that go 'wow'.  Is that what we're getting?"

Link

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

pray.jpg

PLEASE LET TAYLOR MAYS FALL TO PHILLY

Good value in the 2nd Rd imo
please tell me you mean fall to OUR 2nd round pick.. and not 37, the pick we got from the ********...

i'm kinda hoping that teams trade up to us for 1 of 4 players:

QB needy teams trade up for clausen and/or mccoy
3-4 teams trade up for cody and/or kindle

@ #55 ? Maybe but he might not be there

I don't think Jimmy is the best leader and obviously he is a smug son of a !*##*.

But 2nd round? nah.

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

what high grade O Lineman were there for the Raiders to take?

for once they made a good move and did not screw up and take a work out warrior like Bruce campbell

Former Tennessee safety Eric Berry will wear No. 29 on his Kansas City Chiefs jersey to honor former Tennessee defensive back Inky Johnson.

Johnson suffered a devastating shoulder injury in 2006. He was a graduate assistant coach under former UT coaches Phillip Fulmer and Lane Kiffin before being reassigned to the UT’s development office this past January.

Johnson said he hopes to return to coaching, likely at the high school level. He still has little use of his right arm.

A representative from Berry’s agent confirmed the jersey switch. Berry wore No. 14 while playing for UT.

Gunna...the raiders made a huge investment in Russell.  If they don't want him, Gradkowski, or Jason Campbell looking bad/worse, they need to address the O-Line....now of course they can make a splash in round 2 and take an o-lineman, but I think this year in particular the talent level dwindles for line talent the further you go in the draft.  Watch them take Bruce Campbell in the 2nd...like u said he's a workout warrior...is that helping?  McClain is a beast, but I don't think anyone in Raider nation would have been upset if they took Davis, Bulaga, Iupati, etc around #8....like I said before...fixing the o-line seemed like more of a pressing need. 

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

pray.jpg

PLEASE LET TAYLOR MAYS FALL TO PHILLY

Good value in the 2nd Rd imo
please tell me you mean fall to OUR 2nd round pick.. and not 37, the pick we got from the ********...

i'm kinda hoping that teams trade up to us for 1 of 4 players:

QB needy teams trade up for clausen and/or mccoy
3-4 teams trade up for cody and/or kindle

I'd welcome a trade but we need a tough physical safety like B-Dawk and Mays is it. I'll only take a trade for multiple picks if we get a proven player back in return (ie. Nnamdi which is wishful thinking). No way Mays or maybe even Major Wright fall all the way down to 55, I think we defensive help more than anything else. Especially with Dallas getting Dez, Mays could counter that big time.

so u wanted them to reach and take an Lineman who wasnt worth an 8th rd pick grade? yea fixing O Line is what they want to do but u just dont grab someguy who isnt worth that pick.

thats what has gotten them into so much trouble the past few yrs. its about time they took a look at getting best talent available instead of drafting for need or to fit their system

Originally Posted by primetime21

Originally Posted by CasperJr

damn it sucks not having a pick until the 3rd round
smh.gif

rumor has it we are going to trade into the 2nd round and get taylor mays
nerd.gif

dont play with my soul like that no way in hell we can jump high enough to grab him with wat lil we have to offer
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JayGunnA

so u wanted them to reach and take an Lineman who wasnt worth an 8th rd pick grade? yea fixing O Line is what they want to do but u just dont grab someguy who isnt worth that pick.

thats what has gotten them into so much trouble the past few yrs. its about time they took a look at getting best talent available instead of drafting for need or to fit their system

If the o-line isn't addressed, that McClain pick doesn't make much sense.  Especially if one of the three...Davis, Iupati, or Bulaga turn out to be solid pros in their rookie years.  I'm not debating on whether or not McClain was the BPA right there at #8...all I'm saying is that there is a ton of money tied into the QB spot and it's doing none of them guys on that roster any good if there is no protection.

Originally Posted by primetime21

damn it sucks not having a pick until the 3rd round
smh.gif

rumor has it we are going to trade into the 2nd round and get taylor mays
nerd.gif

dont play with my soul like that no way in hell we can jump high enough to grab him with wat lil we have to offer
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

when i find the link i will show you

Originally Posted by AG 47

AG 47 wrote:

I think McClain is an absolute beast and it's not a knock on him, but I thought there were more pressing needs on the offensive line.....maybe it's just me. 

Yeah, the most pressing needs were OT, DT, and LB imo. Our LB's were a big reason why we ranked so low in run defense.

Just curious, how's Robert gallery doing? no sarcasm.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I like our picks for the most part, but I would have perferred we go with at least 1 skilled player instead of 2 offensive lineman. 

It's safe to say that the NFC East certainly belongs to the Dallas Cowboys yet again this year.  Can't wait to see Dez Bryant destroy the ********, and more importantly Laron Landry during that first Sunday Night game at Fed Ex.

Rd 1 Loser = Denver

100% Truth.
I'm sorry but the Giants are going to run the NFC East. Jerry Reese does no wrong with drafts (most of the time).

round 1 madden rookie ratings are up:

#1 Rams: Sam Bradford - Overall 80
#2 Lions: Ndamukong Suh - Overall 85
#3 Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy - Overall 84
#4 ********: Trent Williams - Overall 79
#5 Chiefs: Eric Berry - Overall 85
#6 Seahawks: Russell Okung - Overall 82
#7 Browns: Joe Haden - Overall 79
#8 Raiders: Rolando McClain - Overall 79
#9 Bills: C.J. Spiller - Overall 79
#10 Jaguars: Tyson Alualu - Overall 69
#11 49ers: Anthony Davis - Overall 75
#12 Chargers: Ryan Mathews - Overall 77
#13 Eagles: Brandon Graham - Overall 78
#14 Seahawks: Earl Thomas - Overall 81
#15 Giants: Jason Pierre-Paul - Overall 79
#16 Titans: Derrick Morgan - Overall 79
#17 49ers: Mike Iupati - Overall 84
#18 Steelers: Maurkice Pouncey - Overall 76
#19 Falcons: Sean Weatherspoon - Overall 75
#20 Texans: Kareem Jackson - Overall 70
#21 Bengals: Jermaine Gresham - Overall 78
#22 Broncos: Demaryius Thomas - Overall 74
#23 Packers: Bryan Bulaga - Overall 78
#24 Cowboys: Dez Bryant - Overall 80
#25 Broncos: Tim Tebow - Overall 70
#26 Cardinals: Dan Williams - Overall 76
#27 Patriots: Devin McCourty - Overall 74
#28 Dolphins: Jared Odrick - Overall 76
#29 Jets: Kyle Wilson - Overall 76
#30 Lions: Jahvid Best - Overall 74
#31 Colts: Jerry Hughes - Overall 74
#32 Saints: Patrick Robinson - Overall 75
source: http://maddennfl.easports.com/draft.action

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by AG 47

AG 47 wrote:

Just curious, how's Robert gallery doing? no sarcasm.

When healthy, he's the best player on our line. He's flourished at LG. He broke his leg last year so I'm curious to see how he responds to that injury.

I'm hoping we go Terrance Cody or Saffold in the 2nd. Saffold would be a major upgrade on the o-line.

I'm real scared of Bruce Campbell.

Back
Top Bottom