* 2010 NFC North Trash Talk Thread: Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl *

All jokes aside, Childress gets to hang his hat on basically one thing: a 10-1 streak to start the year last season when if you look into the numbers the teams he beat in that span had a combined .381 win percentage. Impressive streak yes, and the Vikings were rolling. But take that away and he's literally done nothing. One total playoff win in 4 years (will be 5 years soon) while being handed talent after talent after talent. You have one of the top home environments in all of football plus 27 pro bowlers and 11 First Team All Pros in 4 years and you have accomplished virtually nothing IMO. Most people who follow this team know the deal. You also have one of the most absurd offensive philosophies in the history of organized football and the next time you make proper halftime adjustments will be your first. I actually feel bad for the guy because once he is canned he won't be anything other than a QB coach again, which actually is funny cause he has not gotten along with one QB here in his MN tenure.

But hey, drop Moss cause that will help things a ton. Moss is far from a model citizen but tough break for him he got traded back to a team that had zero interest in creating scenarios to get him the ball or utilize his talents. You know, that would take away from the "system."

I really don't think it would be a bad play for the Wilf's to drop Childress and make Frazier the head guy even if the ship has sunk. I think players like Fraizer and would play for him, and from all accounts he's close to being an NFL head hire.

Ry-

This move going down means that Zygi Wilf signed off on it. Therefore, he agreed with Childress. Which means, he can't really be on the verge of firing Childress, can he? Early signs point to this being a Childress decision and if Zygi is letting the head coach get away with it wouldn't it mean that a firing is not in the near future (at least the next year or so)?

Ry-

This move going down means that Zygi Wilf signed off on it. Therefore, he agreed with Childress. Which means, he can't really be on the verge of firing Childress, can he? Early signs point to this being a Childress decision and if Zygi is letting the head coach get away with it wouldn't it mean that a firing is not in the near future (at least the next year or so)?

I agree JP, no I don't think he's gonna be canned soon. But what it usually comes down to is losing the locker room and if Childress does (and from all accounts it is teetering - that's what happens when you lose) then I would not be shocked about anything especially with Frazier being there. Remember too...Michael Silver has reported Childress almost was canned earlier. Do I believe that? I dont know honestly.

I think Chilly will be out though at end of the year barring a major turnaround and this whole team is going to have a different look next year if we have a season.

I agree Wilf guaranteed signed off on this move cause he had to sign off on bringing him in and adding that salary. And maybe he had to go - we're not there every day. Just ugly all around. If I was Wilf though I would ask, why can't we get Moss more involved? We just sent a 3rd Rd pick and got a HOF WR back and had the fan base go insane with joy...and the last two weeks he has combined for 4 catches and 38 yards. I know Moss has issues....But these are top of their profession coaches who eat and breathe football yet they can't figure out that the key for Moss has always been to have a couple catches early to get him interested. If you have to move him around, or run a reverse to him, or whatever, then you do that and next thing you know you are keeping Moss interested and better yet the defenses honest, and boom next thing you know he explodes for one. But i dunno....

I agree JP, no I don't think he's gonna be canned soon. But what it usually comes down to is losing the locker room and if Childress does (and from all accounts it is teetering - that's what happens when you lose) then I would not be shocked about anything especially with Frazier being there. Remember too...Michael Silver has reported Childress almost was canned earlier. Do I believe that? I dont know honestly.

I think Chilly will be out though at end of the year barring a major turnaround and this whole team is going to have a different look next year if we have a season.

I agree Wilf guaranteed signed off on this move cause he had to sign off on bringing him in and adding that salary. And maybe he had to go - we're not there every day. Just ugly all around. If I was Wilf though I would ask, why can't we get Moss more involved? We just sent a 3rd Rd pick and got a HOF WR back and had the fan base go insane with joy...and the last two weeks he has combined for 4 catches and 38 yards. I know Moss has issues....But these are top of their profession coaches who eat and breathe football yet they can't figure out that the key for Moss has always been to have a couple catches early to get him interested. If you have to move him around, or run a reverse to him, or whatever, then you do that and next thing you know you are keeping Moss interested and better yet the defenses honest, and boom next thing you know he explodes for one. But i dunno....

Oh my god.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
What a joke.

Vikings fans, who would look better in purple? Jake Locker (already wears purple) or Cam Newton?

We need a QB, DB, and another OL... Team is taking steps back...

Edit: Misspelled Jake's name
laugh.gif

Vikings fans, who would look better in purple? Jake Locker (already wears purple) or Cam Newton?

Edit: Misspelled Jake's name
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hollywood James 6

Vikings fans, who would look better in purple? Jack Locker (already wears purple) or Cam Newton?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Please take them!!! Jake Locker is an overrated bum and Cam Newton will be trash in the NFL. Take both Minnesota!!

Vikings fans, who would look better in purple? Jack Locker (already wears purple) or Cam Newton?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Please take them!!! Jake Locker is an overrated bum and Cam Newton will be trash in the NFL. Take both Minnesota!!

Originally Posted by bijald0331

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Ok, who's better? Cam is a way better than Tebow and has a stronger arm if you're trying to make THAT comparison. And I still have faith in Locker that he can be a solid QB. Mallet will be gone. So will Luck.

Chilly needs to go, Favre needs to go. I wish they would get someone in here that isn't an idiot. Tice and Childress have both been idiots. We need to do better. Get Dungy on the phone, he's played for the Gophers and knows the area. Very frustrated right now...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Ok, who's better? Cam is a way better than Tebow and has a stronger arm if you're trying to make THAT comparison. And I still have faith in Locker that he can be a solid QB. Mallet will be gone. So will Luck.

Chilly needs to go, Favre needs to go. I wish they would get someone in here that isn't an idiot. Tice and Childress have both been idiots. We need to do better. Get Dungy on the phone, he's played for the Gophers and knows the area. Very frustrated right now...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Cam Newton is an athletic freak for college and it's because he's big and is a quarterback. I see that advantage dissipating when he moves onto the NFL. Something like incredible speed translates well (Vick) when you are talking about mobility and QB's. I have to see Cam actually make tough throws which he doesn't have to in the Malzahn offense. I don't see how anyone can say he will be a good NFL QB.  

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Cam Newton is an athletic freak for college and it's because he's big and is a quarterback. I see that advantage dissipating when he moves onto the NFL. Something like incredible speed translates well (Vick) when you are talking about mobility and QB's. I have to see Cam actually make tough throws which he doesn't have to in the Malzahn offense. I don't see how anyone can say he will be a good NFL QB.  

I believe I've heard somewhere that Zygi lets Childress call all of the personnel shots and gives him every opportunity to put on the field the team he wants, whether or not he wholeheartedly agrees with it. Given that, Zygi knows what's going on with this team better than anyone and I'm sure he doesn't like this direction.

Lets just hope that his objectivity wins out and that he gives Chilly the axe.

I believe I've heard somewhere that Zygi lets Childress call all of the personnel shots and gives him every opportunity to put on the field the team he wants, whether or not he wholeheartedly agrees with it. Given that, Zygi knows what's going on with this team better than anyone and I'm sure he doesn't like this direction.

Lets just hope that his objectivity wins out and that he gives Chilly the axe.

I been calling for this dude Childress to be gone for a long time now...even way before the Brett Favre thing.

The guy should be thankful Wade Philipps is still in the league
30t6p3b.gif

Terrible season.

I been calling for this dude Childress to be gone for a long time now...even way before the Brett Favre thing.

30t6p3b.gif

Terrible season.

laugh.gif
We spoke too soon

Moss has yet to be informed by the team of his release, though he is assuming at this point he will be waived, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL Network inside Jason La Canfora.

Childress did not tell management of his desire to part with Moss, according to Lombardi, but Childress did tell the team that Moss would be waived. Childress has control over the 53 man roster.

Fox Sports and NFL Network's Jay Glazer reports that Vikings players were taken by surprise by Childress' announcement and are "livid" over the move.

laugh.gif
Chilly so pissed at Moss Sun night he didnt' wait to run it by ownership, and local radio here says front office is not too happy at the moment

laugh.gif
We spoke too soon

Moss has yet to be informed by the team of his release, though he is assuming at this point he will be waived, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL Network inside Jason La Canfora.

Childress did not tell management of his desire to part with Moss, according to Lombardi, but Childress did tell the team that Moss would be waived. Childress has control over the 53 man roster.

Fox Sports and NFL Network's Jay Glazer reports that Vikings players were taken by surprise by Childress' announcement and are "livid" over the move.

laugh.gif
Chilly so pissed at Moss Sun night he didnt' wait to run it by ownership, and local radio here says front office is not too happy at the moment

Originally Posted by mogzz04

30t6p3b.gif

Terrible season.

This team is just... pathetic.

Originally Posted by mogzz04

30t6p3b.gif

Terrible season.

This team is just... pathetic.

Ry - u pretty much nailed everything.

Everything u said about Childress/Moss, on point.

I doubt it happens, but I really hope Childress gets canned sooner rather than later (we all know it's gonna happen).

I don't mind Frazier for now....but I think Gruden would look good with this group...what y'all think?

Ry - u pretty much nailed everything.

Everything u said about Childress/Moss, on point.

I doubt it happens, but I really hope Childress gets canned sooner rather than later (we all know it's gonna happen).

I don't mind Frazier for now....but I think Gruden would look good with this group...what y'all think?

Back
Top Bottom