2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

Real Madrid don't want Antonio Valencia. Karim Benzema has interested both RM and Barca in the last 2 years but he simply wasn't available or he waspriced out. I'm not sure he'll move this summer because he wants guaranteed minutes to improve his chances to start during the World Cup.

You gotta play for Manchester United first then we'll take you by force. Seattle has to approve of the deal.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xblaze23

You gotta play for Manchester United first then we'll take you by force. Seattle has to approve of the deal.

we want 30m for Valentino and. and a glass of sangria/ some payella.

new man utd shirt pics released. i gotta say its fugly.
sick.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif
not feeling the stripe. havent liked many of the shirts man utd has priduced in the last 5 or so seasons. last years and the home strip from beforethat were ok though.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/s...o-cannot-be-serious.html

as much as i hate them i gotta say arsenal produces the best home shirts imo.

i prob wont be getting this new shirt. maybe the away or 3rd though. utd has produced some weird shirts in the past. i own a few of them. a green/yellow fromlike 1992 or so comes to mind.

God da.mn all these co.ck blocking teams.

Bayern unwilling to sell Ribery.

Valencia unwilling to sell Villa.

Lyon unwilling to sell Benzema.

We soccer fans need to be entertained during the off-season
smh.gif

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester United are a step closer to a £30m deal for Lyon striker Karim Benzema after the French side made a £15m move for Porto forward LisandroLopez.
Full story: Daily Star

Sir Alex Ferguson has offered Manchester United's Portuguese winger Nani to Wigan as bait in his bid to sign Ecuador winger Antonio Valencia. (DailyMirror)

Brazilian club Gremio have rejected a request from Manchester United to take midfielder Douglas Costa on a three-week trial because they want astraight cash bid.
Full story: The Times

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor will become a target for Italian side AC Milan, if they miss out on Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko.
Full story: The Guardian

Manchester City are favourites to secure the signature of Argentine striker Carlos Tevez.
Full story: The Sun

Inter Milan's Brazilian right-back Maicon is also a £10m target for City manager Mark Hughes.
Full story: Daily Express

Chelsea are closing in on a £4m deal for Charlton's 17-year-old forward Jonjo Shelvey, who is also being tracked by Newcastle, Tottenham andWest Ham. (Daily Express)

FA Cup winners Chelsea are also set to make a move for goalkeeper Ross Turnbull who has rejected a new contract at Middlesbrough. (Daily Express)

Liverpool will offload winger Sebastian Leto to Greek club Panathinaikos for £3m with defender Alvaro Arbeloa set to join Real Madrid in the nextfew days.
Full story: Telegraph

Stoke boss Tony Pulis is ready to pay £5m for Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins.
Full story: Daily Star

Blackburn are likely to be priced out of their bid to land Portsmouth's Peter Crouch because of the striker's £70,000-a- weekwages.

Sam Allardyce will bid £4m to bring Hibernian striker Steven Fletcher to Blackburn.
Full story: Daily Express

Tottenham are interested in Wigan's 21-year-old midfielder Lee Cattermole. (Daily Mail)

Fulham manager Roy Hodgson is tracking Aston Villa midfielder Steve Sidwell and Middlesbrough's Gary O'Neil. (Daily Mirror)

Hodgson may also look at bringing Villerreal's American forward Jozy Altidore to Craven Cottage. (Telegraph)

Gary Megson is ready to splash £8.5m on Swansea midfielder Ferrie Bodde and Reading striker Kevin Doyle. (Daily Mirror)

Burnley boss Owen Coyle is closing in on Newcastle defender David Edgar. The full-back has had a medical at Turf Moor, along with Derby ace TyroneMears.

Celtic defender Bobo Balde is considering contract offers from Birmingham and Burnley. (The Sun)

Hull are set to launch a bid for Celtic striker Scott McDonald. (Daily Record)

Wolves have been told they will need to pay £3m for Doncaster defender Matthew Mills. (The Guardian)

Sheffield United defender Matt Kilgallon is a £4m target for Wigan, Wolves and Birmingham. (The Sun)

Cardiff are eyeing a £1m move for Millwall defender Zak Whitbread. (The Sun)

Cardiff boss Dave Jones wants £400,000-rated Motherwell captain Paul Quinn, 23. (Daily Star)

Middlesbrough have agreed a fee with Colchester for 24-year-old winger Mark Yeates. (Daily Star)

Former Reading striker Leroy Lita has opened talks with Crystal Palace. (Daily Star)

OTHER GOSSIP

Gareth Southgate wants former England team-mate Phil Neville to join him at Middlesbrough. The Boro boss has offered Everton skipper Neville, 32,the chance to join his backroom staff.

Preston North End manager Alan Irvine has emerged as the leading contender to succeed Tony Mowbray at West Bromwich Albion.
Full story: The Guardian

AND FINALLY
Manchester United fans want their new rugby league-style kit scrapped before it goes on sale next month. The shirt has a 'V' across thefront and has been accused of looking "too American".

Lol... didn't Nani just say last month that he wanted the chance to take over Ronaldo's spot?

Anyway, here's United's new "American-looking" kit... I'm not sure I follow how it looks "American"...

prd_maxzoom_mufc-55671.jpg

I thought they looked cool in the teaser pics but it must have been due to the dark lighting.. I don't like it after viewing those pics. Especially onPark.

the GK strip looks great, but on the other players it just looks off. Maybe if the stripe was "complete" and not ending inside the torso it'dlook better? I'm not sold, but i'll cop since I need a new one
smh.gif

I still need an 07 UCL kit with the lettering
smokin.gif

Realmadrid.com has confirmed the sale of Javier Saviola to Benfica for 5m Euro. The player will sign a 3 year deal with option for another. Good riddance.

Fiorentina is close to sealing the loan of Royston Drenthe. The clubs are working out the buy-clause.

Edit: Barcelona negotiating for Keirrison. There were rumors last week that Keirrison, if bought, could be thrown into an offer for David Villa.

Edit 2: Real Madrid and Manchester United have officially completed the transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo. 6 year deal for the player. Presentation at the SantiagoBernabeu on July 6th.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satell...al/COMUNICADO_OFICIAL_2009-06-26_21:26:22.htm

BREAKING GOSSIP

1610 BST: The agent of Atletico Madrid striker Sergio Aguero tells the calciomercato.it. website that he has had no contact with Manchester Unitedover a possible bid for the £44m-rated Argentine international.

1512 BST: Denmark international Peter Lovenkrands hints he could cross the divide between Newcastle and Sunderland. He told Danish newspaper BT:"Sunderland is certainly an interesting club. The city is near Newcastle, where we have settled fine, and it would be attractive to stay in northernEngland."

1415 BST: Hull manager Phil Brown wants Michael Owen to join his side despite his injury record. Owen's Newcastle deal expires on Tuesday whenhe will become a free agent.

"Hopefully Michael will give us the time of day and we can get around a table, then who knows?" said Brown.

1404 BST: There has been a lot of talk about Valencia striker David Villa but his club insist, despite the speculation linking him with Real Madrid,Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester United, that they have received no bids for him.

"I want to make it clear, we have no offer for Villa and we don't understand why people are insisting this. We want these rumours to end and thatthe player as well as the club are given calm to create a competitive team," Valencia spokesman Jordi Bruixola told Spanish newspaper Marca.

1324 BST: Birmingham are optimistic midfielder Lee Bowyer will complete a permanent free transfer from West Ham in the next few days. (PressAssociation)

1201 BST: Brazil's Felipe Melo has been linked with Arsenal but the player's agent says the combative midfielder is happy at Fiorentina and willstay with the Serie A outfit. (Press Association)

1146 BST: Barcelona defender Gerard Pique says he is confident Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas will join him at the Nou Camp in the future. (PressAssociation)

1007 BST: Celtic manager Tony Mowbray should discover over the weekend whether he has been successful in luring Nancy striker Marc-Antoine Fortune toParkhead. (Press Association)
0938 BST: Bayern Munich have ruled out selling midfielder Franck Ribery, insisting the "irreplaceable"player is not for sale at any price. Chelsea, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona are vying for the Frenchman's signature.
Full story: French newspaperL'Equipe

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

God da.mn all these co.ck blocking teams.

Bayern unwilling to sell Ribery.

Valencia unwilling to sell Villa.

Lyon unwilling to sell Benzema.

We soccer fans need to be entertained during the off-season
smh.gif
co-sign...

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

i prob wont be getting this new shirt. maybe the away or 3rd though. utd has produced some weird shirts in the past. i own a few of them. a green/yellow from like 1992 or so comes to mind.
this one?it's one of my all-time favorite kits
happy.gif
,veryunique as compared to the usual red strip:

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

the GK strip looks great, but on the other players it just looks off. Maybe if the stripe was "complete" and not ending inside the torso it'd look better? I'm not sold, but i'll cop since I need a new one
smh.gif

I still need an 07 UCL kit with the lettering
smokin.gif
would've been a lot better if they had used that as the away kit
pimp.gif

Got that ManU kit is socially unacceptable.

The 'V' is for Virgin.

Happy Birthday Raul Gonzales Blanco.

Bayern Munich are prepared to offer Ribery a contract that will make him the highest paid Bundesliga player ever in order to keep him.

Yaya Toure has signed an improved contract with Barcelona.

The Catalan press continues to crave the signing of Franck Ribery.

Nike and Adidas have been making crap jerseys for far too long now. Puma has been far more innovative than the other two companies for the last few years.

We need to go back to the 90s soccer kits...each team with something unique. Nowadays Nike and Adidas just use the same jerseys for each team but change thelogos and add a few stripes here and there.

^ Doesn't the AIG sponsorship end at the end of the 2009/2010 season? If so, the "AIG" will still be there for this upcoming season...

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ Doesn't the AIG sponsorship end at the end of the 2009/2010 season? If so, the "AIG" will still be there for this upcoming season...

Yall are basically saying the same thing. Either way that will be one full year they wear the AIG kit so if you get it now I guess it is still worth it.

Back
Top Bottom