2009 football/soccer summer transfer rumors

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Nike and Adidas have been making crap jerseys for far too long now. Puma has been far more innovative than the other two companies for the last few years.

We need to go back to the 90s soccer kits...each team with something unique. Nowadays Nike and Adidas just use the same jerseys for each team but change the logos and add a few stripes here and there.
puma is nice but like kappa,diadora etc they are way to tight/form fitting. built for slim europeans and not us chubby north americans. i only ownone pum in my collection. like an 04 or so czech republic away.

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

God da.mn all these co.ck blocking teams.

Bayern unwilling to sell Ribery.

Valencia unwilling to sell Villa.

Lyon unwilling to sell Benzema.

We soccer fans need to be entertained during the off-season
smh.gif
co-sign...

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

i prob wont be getting this new shirt. maybe the away or 3rd though. utd has produced some weird shirts in the past. i own a few of them. a green/yellow from like 1992 or so comes to mind.
this one?it's one of my all-time favorite kits
happy.gif
,very unique as compared to the usual red strip:

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

the GK strip looks great, but on the other players it just looks off. Maybe if the stripe was "complete" and not ending inside the torso it'd look better? I'm not sold, but i'll cop since I need a new one
smh.gif

I still need an 07 UCL kit with the lettering
smokin.gif
would've been a lot better if they had used that as the away kit
pimp.gif

yea iv got that green one along with a mid 90's red one with the old trafford water mark. both with cantona name and lettering.

yea iv got that green one along with a mid 90's red one with the old trafford water mark. both with cantona name and lettering.
Eric the King
*peep the sig*

Man City close to getting Eto'o...30 million Euros + Eto'o will be the highest paid player in the world.

A front line of Eto'o, Tevez and Robinho will probably be the best in the Premiership. They're probably a couple of more players away from being a top5 team in England.

I dont believe the rumors that Arsenal are after Benzema. Even if they sell Adebeyor, it's extremely unlikely that Wenger will spend 25-30 million poundsfor 1 player.

1522 BST: Luiz Felipe Scolari claims a number of Chelsea players - including Didier Drogba, Michael Ballack and Petr Cech - did not respect him or his trainingmethods during his ill-fated spell at Stamford Bridge. (Brazilian newspaper O Globo)
1240 BST: Real Madrid have offered in the region of £27m for Arsenal and Manchester United target Karim Benzema after switching their attention to the21-year-old Lyon striker from Valencia forward David Villa. (Spanish sports newspaper Marca)
1130 BST: Manchester City have made a "stratospheric" offer to Samuel Eto'o according to Barcelona president Joan Laporta. (Catalan radio stationiCat FM)
0936 BST: Bayern Munich sporting director Christian Nerlinger believes the club can convince Chelsea target Franck Ribery to stay by matching his loftyambition. (Press Association)
TRANSFER GOSSIP
Arsenal are poised to hijack Manchester United's £25m bid to sign 21-year-old striker Karim Benzema from Lyon.
Full story: News of the World
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson will intensify negotiations to for £45m Atletico Madrid playmaker Sergio Aguero and complete the £14m signing ofWigan striker Luis Antonio Valencia. (Sunday Mail)
Manchester City have completed a £25m swoop for Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o, 28, and they are expected to announce that they have also signed CarlosTevez.
Chelsea will make a new £50m offer for AC Milan's Brazilian striker Pato after their initial £45m bid for the 19-year-old was rejected.
Meanwhile, Blues striker Didier Drogba, midfielder Michael Essien and defender Ashley Cole are to be offered new £125,000-a-week deals, but Joe Cole and JoseBosingwa could be on their way out of Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea are also set to test Bayern Munich's resolve with a £50m bid for French winger Franck Ribery.
Full story: Sunday Express
Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant is agonising over a switch across Stanley Park to join Everton.
Xabi Alonso's future at Anfield depends on Real Madrid's bid to sign David Villa from Valencia. If Real fail to purchase the striker, they will meetLiverpool's £25m asking price for Alonso.
Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has urged manager Rafael Benitez to try to sign one of his Spanish international team-mates David Villa, David Silva or JuanMata, who all play for Valencia.
Newcastle owner Mike Ashley expects to receive two bids for the club this week which could determine Alan Shearer's long-term future at St James' Park.
Full story: Sunday Mirror
Aston Villa are ready to make a £5m swoop for German international Tim Borowski, 29, who plays in midfield for Bayern Munich.
Stoke are ready to smash their transfer record and spend £6m on Newcastle's Nigerian striker Obafemi Martins. But they are likely to face competition fromEverton, Aston Villa and Tottenham.
West Ham want to bring Anton Ferdinand back to Upton Park from Sunderland in a cut-price deal. New Black Cats boss Steve Bruce does not want the 24-year-old,who moved to Wearside last summer, and Hammers boss Gianfranco Zola will make a £2m bid.
Meanwhile, Bruce is ready to make a £5m bid for Rangers 24-year-old midfielder Steven Davis.
Southampton could this week be forced to sell former England Under-21 midfielder Andrew Surman just to meet the club's wage bill.
QPR are expected to head a queue of clubs willing to pay a cut-price £400,000 for the 22-year-old who has made 133 appearances for the Saints.
Full story: Sunday Mirror
Sunderland will pitch in a £5m bid for Rangers midfielder Steven Davis.
OTHER GOSSIP
Newcastle face a £750,000 wage bill for strikers Michael Owen and Mark Viduka, even though the pair may not play for the club again.
Both players' deals expire on Tuesday, but they have a clause in their contracts that means they will be paid for another month if they do not sign forclubs in July.
AND FINALLY
Brazil and Real Madrid playmaker Kaka has delivered a stinging blow to Manchester City by revealing that they were not a big enough club to tempt him to thePremier League.

^ probably fulham. they love american players. i dont see any outrageous bids for him though. i mean hes good but hes not one of the worlds top keepers yet.

Man City close to getting Eto'o...30 million Euros + Eto'o will be the highest paid player in the world.

A front line of Eto'o, Tevez and Robinho will probably be the best in the Premiership. They're probably a couple of more players away from being a top 5 team in England.

I dont believe the rumors that Arsenal are after Benzema. Even if they sell Adebeyor, it's extremely unlikely that Wenger will spend 25-30 million pounds for 1 player.
I don't think he has ever gotten close to spending that much. Most I think was 15 mill to Arshavin. I would not mind them getting rid ofAdebayor but I know Wenger is not going to bring someone in here who is established so maybe they should just keep Ade.

^ probably fulham. they love american players. i dont see any outrageous bids for him though. i mean hes good but hes not one of the worlds top keepers yet.
If Manchester United took a chance on him when he was young and inexperienced, think about all the teams that would take him after the amazingseason he just had. AC Milan hasn't had a quality goalkeeper in forever so I can see them making a bid for him.

Originally Posted by Otis Dont Play That

If Manchester United took a chance on him when he was young and inexperienced, think about all the teams that would take him after the amazing season he just had. AC Milan hasn't had a quality goalkeeper in forever so I can see them making a bid for him.

uhh..in form dida was only about 3-4 years ago.

If Manchester United took a chance on him when he was young and inexperienced, think about all the teams that would take him after the amazing season he just had. AC Milan hasn't had a quality goalkeeper in forever so I can see them making a bid for him.

uhh..in form dida was only about 3-4 years ago.
That's a long time when your AC Milan

tim howard had a GOOD season. not amazing. AC Milan wouldnt spend 12 million euros on tim howard.

Manchester City are set to make a £50m double swoop for Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o and Manchester United forward Carlos Tevez.
Full story: Daily Star

Eto'o will earn a staggering £250,000 a week - £13m a year - if the £25m transfer to City goes through.
Full story: The Sun

Manchester United are on the verge of completing a £16m deal to sign Wigan winger Luis Antonio Valencia.
Full story: DailyMirror

But United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is in danger of missing out on Lyon striker Karim Benzema, who looks set to join Real Madrid in a £28m deal.
Full story: Daily Star

Liverpool have beaten Barcelona to the signing of 16-year-old Cadiz midfielder Jesus Fernandez.
Full story: DailyMirror

Everton are tracking £5m-rated Sweden Under-21 striker Marcus Berg, who plays for Groningen. (Daily Mirror)

Wolves have put in a £1.5m bid for Monaco's Croatian midfielder Jerko Leko. (Daily Mirror)

The Molineux club are also set to spend £2.5m on Marseilles defender Ronald Zubar. (The Times)

Portsmouth midfielder Arnold Mvuemba is set to sign for French side Lorient after a three-year spell at Fratton Park. (Daily Mirror)

Birmingham are interested in Rangers midfielder Barry Ferguson and will table a £1m bid for him this week.

Hull defender Sam Ricketts is set to make a £2m switch to Portsmouth after rejecting a new deal with the Tigers. (The Sun)

Blackburn will pay £400,000 to sign French midfielder Steven N'Zonzi from Amiens. (Daily Mirror)

Reading are bracing themselves for bids for centre-back Andre Bikey, who has a £3m release clause in his contract. (Daily Mirror)

Cardiff are keen to sign Charlton centre-back Mark Hudson in a £700,000 deal. (Daily Mirror)

Gillingham are ready to bid £150,000 for Dagenham & Redbridge striker Paul Benson. (The Sun)

Brighton are in talks with Motherwell keeper Graeme Smith but face competition for his signature from Aberdeen. (Daily Mirror)

Motherwell boss Jim Gannon will make Stockport goalkeeper Owain Fon Williams his first transfer target. (The Sun)

OTHER GOSSIP

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has pleaded with boss Sir Alex Ferguson to be played as a centre-forward and not a winger.
Full story: The Times

Former Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari has claimed Didier Drogba, Michael Ballack and Petr Cech did not accept his methods of training while he wasat the Blues. The Brazilian also says he will never again work in English football.

West Brom will appoint Alan Irvine as their new manager on Monday after his switch from Preston was agreed on Sunday evening. (Daily Mirror)
Hullmanager Phil Brown has insisted his interest in signing Newcastle striker Michael Owen is not a publicity stunt.

Seriously can someone please tell me what City is planning on doing with all of these strikers. Real and City are just getting ridiculous now.

WTH!? Madrid don't need all these superstars... they're just buying them up so no one else can have them...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

WTH!? Madrid don't need all these superstars... they're just buying them up so no one else can have them...
smh.gif

Yea Madrid are overspending and I don't see them meshing together as a unit. El Classico is going to be Flames. It's on ESPN too.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SinnerP

smh.gif

Yea Madrid are overspending and I don't see them meshing together as a unit. El Classico is going to be Flames. It's on ESPN too.
pimp.gif

ff4a3c.gif

what's the score?

and smh at the money that's being thrown around right now. haha these clubs are laughing at the recession.

i'm curious as to what's going to happen to real's dutch contingent. ruud's old and injury prone, but i imagine teams would still be interestedon signing him. the guy can still score. and sneijder, vdv, huntelaar, and robben are still young and talented. dunno if they're gonna be staying though.

Germany up 2-0 with 25 mins remaining...

Aren't Real looking to sell all those guys?

yea i think real want to sell those guys.

i'm curious as to which clubs will try and sign them.

i was thinking sneijder might be a good fit for arsenal, but they're already stacked with attacking and wide mf's.

i read that blackburn want ruud.

Back
Top Bottom