[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

http://www.cbssports.com/...messages/chrono/15861562

It's being reported on a message board.

I could make the same post saying he's going to the Grizzlies.

I'd wait for a more "official," source.
It feels like you're salty about it..
laugh.gif

No one is saying its official.. people are just reporting news.. chill.

Artest To Sign With Lakers

Jul 02, 2009 6:56 PM EST

Ron Artest has told Ken Berger of CBSSports.com that he will sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.

I'm waiting for confirmation as well, although I'm not for it.

He's the best option out there.

We wanted toughness, we're gonna get it
laugh.gif

Let's hope it's true. I don't want to waste any more time speculatin about what might happen.

It'd be nice for Kobe not having to defend the best player game in game out.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/15861966

Shaq can have LeBron. Ron Artest says he'll take Kobe.

Artest, whose versatility and toughness have made him one of the most coveted and combustible players in the NBA, told CBSSports.com Thursday that he'ssigning with the Lakers.

"I'm definitely going to L.A. -- to sign, yeah," Artest said in a phone interview. "Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. I'm in L.A. right now."

Artest said he met with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday and previously had spoken with Lakers coach Phil Jackson. He was en route to his financialmanager's office, where he planned to huddle on the phone with his agent, David Bauman, to finalize details.

Artest's exuberance -- he spent the whole summer in L.A., including several appearances at Lakers home games during the NBA Finals -- got ahead of theprocess a bit. Other teams that made overtures for Artest -- including the Cavaliers -- have not yet been notified that Artest is signing with the Lakers.(Consider them notified.) Bauman has spoken with Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak, but parameters have not yet been agreed to. Still, it's pretty clear where Artestis going.

"I don't really care about the money," Artest said. "I'll play there for nothing. ... L.A. was very interested in me, and they gotme."

See now THAT is something better.
laugh.gif

ooooooooh man...it's now the front page on CBSSPORTS.com

Ahhhhhh, come on Sportscenter with the BREAKING NEWS

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Artest To Sign With Lakers

Jul 02, 2009 6:56 PM EST

Ron Artest has told Ken Berger of CBSSports.com that he will sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.
daniels_dinner.jpg

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

http://www.cbssports.com/.../entry/11838893/15861966

Artest, whose versatility and toughness have made him one of the most coveted and combustible players in the NBA, told CBSSports.com Thursday that he's signing with the Lakers.

"I'm definitely going to L.A. -- to sign, yeah," Artest said in a phone interview. "Lakers, Lakers, Lakers. I'm in L.A. right now."

Artest said he met with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday and previously had spoken with Lakers coach Phil Jackson. He was en route to his financial manager's office, where he planned to huddle on the phone with his agent, David Bauman, to finalize details.

Artest's exuberance -- he spent the whole summer in L.A., including several appearances at Lakers home games during the NBA Finals -- got ahead of the process a bit. Other teams that made overtures for Artest -- including the Cavaliers -- have not yet been notified that Artest is signing with the Lakers. (Consider them notified.) Bauman has spoken with Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak, but parameters have not yet been agreed to. Still, it's pretty clear where Artest is going.

"I don't really care about the money," Artest said. "I'll play there for nothing. ... L.A. was very interested in me, and they got me."

See now THAT is something better.
laugh.gif
He still sounds like he's on something.
laugh.gif

http://www.cbssports.com/.../entry/11838893/15861966

Artest, whose versatility and toughness have made him one of the most coveted and combustible players in the NBA, told CBSSports.com Thursday that he'ssigning with the Lakers.

Artest said he met with Lakers owner Dr. Jerry Buss Thursday and previously had spoken with Lakers coach Phil Jackson. He was en route to his financialmanager's office, where he planned to huddle on the phone with his agent, David Bauman, to finalize details.

Artest's exuberance -- he spent the whole summer in L.A., including several appearances at Lakers home games during the NBA Finals -- got ahead of theprocess a bit. Other teams that made overtures for Artest -- including the Cavaliers -- have not yet been notified that Artest is signing with the Lakers.(Consider them notified.) Bauman has spoken with Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak, but parameters have not yet been agreed to. Still, it's pretty clear where Artestis going.

"I don't really care about the money," Artest said. "I'll play there for nothing. ... L.A. was very interested in me, and they gotme."

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
REEEEEEEEEEPEAT

Just an outsider who's curious... You guys are cool with Odom/Ariza for Artest? Because that's what's going to happen.

don't get worked up, I just want some Lakers' fans opinions.

Originally Posted by doyung9

Just an outsider who's curious... You guys are cool with Odom/Ariza for Artest? Because that's what's going to happen.

don't get worked up, I just want some Lakers' fans opinions.
What are you talking about? We resigning Odom and Ron is taking the MLE, he said he doesn't care about the money. I still want confirmationbefore I get too excited.

Back
Top Bottom