2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

Nonito Donaire

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Any place to get the Gorres fight on-line?

Here's what Vic had to say haha..
I like the Philippines and its people, the people in the hotel are very nice. I like the place. I intend to return here sometime after the fight, but ... I'm very sorry guys because I'm gonna whip your boy's %$$.

Hopefully I can get a stream of this fight. Go Vic
pimp.gif

In order to boost PPV sales, you know the fight is selling out regardless, looks like De La Hoya is pulling out all the stops and going back to Floyd Sr. Quite honestly the only reason for this move can be $$$$$$. Floyd Jr. has to be grinning from ear to ear just hearing about this because he will cash in aswell. Mayweather/De La Hoya 24/7 Part Deux should be some of the greatest TV we will ever witness:

• When Oscar De La Hoya hired Freddie Roach to train him for last year's fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr., I quipped to one of my ringside colleagues that Roach had just landed the well-paid gig to serve as De La Hoya's future former trainer. Sure enough, the Golden Boy seems to have struck again, publicly declaring his desire to have Floyd Mayweather Sr., one of his many former trainers, return to his corner. Changing trainers is certainly De La Hoya's prerogative. I have no issue with that. But it would be nice if once, just once, De La Hoya would actually tell the trainer he's about to replace before that trainer hears about it from the media, which is how Roach found out. Roach, one of the nicest guys in the business and one of the top trainers, deserved better. When I was in New York two weeks ago covering Roy Jones-Felix Trinidad, Roach was also there because one of his fighters, Roman Karmazin, was on the undercard. On the day of the fight, Roach asked me about his fate, which came the day after the news broke that De La Hoya planned to fight on May 3 and that he planned to have Mayweather train him again. De La Hoya should have just picked up the telephone and told Roach himself. What is so hard about that? But this is nothing new. To the best of my knowledge, none of De La Hoya's many former trainers, including Emanuel Steward, Mayweather Sr., Jesus Rivero, Robert Alcazar and Gil Clancy, ever heard their ultimate fate from the boss' mouth.

Tonite's SHoBox at 11 Looks Real Hype

Alfred Angullo (11-0, 8 KOs) vs Ricardo Cortes (22-1-1 15 KOs)

Nice test for the youngin. Angulo be throwin them THANGS
pimp.gif

Mickey Bey (9-0 6KOs) vs Roberto Acevedo (5-3-3KOs)

Bey is supposed to be a rising star, This will be my first time seeing him fight.

Yeah Bey and his brother where top AM. for a few years .I think RJJ manages him or promotes him

Some, Gorres/Darchy weigh in pics... Vic didn't talk at all during the weigh in.

Gary Shaw and Husein Husein

Vic showing off his abs
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

115 on the dot

GREAT Pics!
ESPN Friday Night Fights should lead me into SHoBox pretty well tonite

and Roy Jones is calling the action tonite, he's tight work as an analyst
pimp.gif

O MY GOD, DUDE GOT CAUGHT SLIPPIN!!!
laugh.gif

Overhand right was savage..

Uppercut bought to break this young man down

Dudes are fighting mad sloppy taking haymakers left and right looking like fight night game. Camechis takes a heck of a punch but is an amateur fighter atbest.

Dude was running
roll.gif
in last round
Roy Jones
pimp.gif

Cameches showing some guts out there. Considering his overall activity, thought the scorecards were a little tight but Carrasquillo was definitely landing theharder, more effective shots throughout the fight.

That commercial for Pavlik v. Taylor II got me amped for the rematch. Saw the first one live in AC and really wanted to go to Vegas to watch the rematch buthad some prior commitments.

Always a pleasure having Roy Jones Jr. in the booth. I miss his verbal sparring matches with Larry Merchant.

Yea, Roy needs to be back on HBO seriously.

I love seein a short Boxer with skills and head and shoulder movement like Mike Tyson had.

Meza Clay style
pimp.gif

Did Roy Jones hook them up with Jordan boxing shoes? Camechis and Aiken are wearing Jordans.

Meza Clay is putting up a good fight these guys are much more professional boxers than the last two that fought their punches are on target.

Meza Clay might win this fight and he is the smaller fighter.

mfresh, this a good @#! fight!
pimp.gif

how Meza-Clay lost to Cherry, by Knock out? I cant remember if I saw that fight

Gunna Meza Clay lost to Edner Cherry by knockout round 11. This fight is great Meza Clay landing lots of punches.

GREAT KNOCKOUT BY MEZA CLAY
eek.gif
pimp.gif
PUT UP A GREAT FIGHT

I don't remember that fight either Gunna but I know you have watched him before and The Cherry Bomb has some hands. Meza-Clay is a pitbull.
Aiken can't fight on the inside with him.

*Curtains for that boy Aiken

eek.gif

WOWWWWW!

Great Work!

Damn, I wanna see the Cherry/Clay Fight now. I've got soem searching to do.

O yea, Cherry definitely got Heavy hands. thats why I figured KO

Let's hope the ShoBox fights can match these two slugfests from FNF tonight.

Edit:

That clip they just showed of Augie Sanchez getting KO'd was nasty. Anyone know if that was that before or after Prince Naseem broke his face in 900places?

Back
Top Bottom