20 FSU players to be Suspended for Bowl Game

So wat yall think the NCAA is goin do?

Is it going to affect any recruits?( word to CJ Holton and TJ Bryant )
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Recruits will see it as a opportunity for early playing time since the players are gonna be suspended for like 4 games....Chances are, if you ball out for 4games, the coaches are not gonna pull you out so quickly....

This is what I hope will happen.....

However, for the players whose families stress academics, this will be a black eye on the University and i gives opposing coaches one more thing to talk aboutwhen they badmouth us since the no longer have the "They don't know who their HC is gonna be/BB is gonna retire soon" angle

And yeah, JND1....Warchant is PACKED...
laugh.gif

^ Was that during that Coaching fiasco...or during the Patrick Patterson announcement...That is ridiculous

Originally Posted by dreClark

^ Was that during that Coaching fiasco...or during the Patrick Patterson announcement...That is ridiculous
that screenshot was today, the record was when Billy Donovan said no. but the previous record was 22,000+ when Tubby left but rivals crashed andthe record was reset.
laugh.gif
them people are nuts, i don't even botherposting there cuz i'd get banned.

stop sweatin us
laugh.gif
j/p.

72jojnb.jpg

And I said it before and I'll say it again: than GOD this wasn't Miami, or it'd be leading off SportsCenter..."trouble with the law brewing once again at the University of Miami..."
Co-sign,

laugh.gif
those clowns at FSU

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Prolly a 0% chance, but what if Myron Rolle was involved?

Highly doubt it. I hope EJ Manuel isn't turned off by this, it seems like his family cares about academics alot, but I don't think EJ would be oneto back away from a commitment.

Nah... that's an average day on Catspause. UK fans are off the chain.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JND1

Nah... that's an average day on Catspause. UK fans are off the chain.
laugh.gif
you right and since it's crap on FSU day, here's some more photoshops that have popped up on catspause since it was announced we was playingthem in the music city bowl.

6jp5ydu.jpg

roll.gif

71prsqa.jpg

6ki8j1j.jpg

8axouhy.jpg

Damn Seminoles... my buddy (also a Seminole) sent me the ESPN link, I swore so loud I'm pretty sure my mom heard me downstairs.

As if the season didn't go bad enough, this doesn't help.

Originally Posted by eaglebball1499

^^^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

not funny
smh.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

They don't call us the Criminoles for nothing....

Well, now its seems like Derek Nicholson and Geno Hayes aren't involved in this
FSU suspends 23 players
Up to 25 athletes will sit out Music City Bowl
[table][tr][td]By Steve Ellis
DEMOCRAT SENIOR WRITER[/td] [td]
icon_print.gif
Print �� [img]http://www.tallahassee.com/graphics/icon_mail.gif[/img]Email to a friend ��
icon_subscribe.gif
Subscribe[/td] [/tr][/table]
The fallout from an academic misconduct case involving Florida State student-athletes is now expected to include game suspensions for 23 football players. That group, which includes 11 players with starting experience, will miss the Music City Bowl according to sources.

The disciplined players include at least seven players who are either walk-ons or would not have played in the bowl game for reasons other than being involved in the case. Additionally, four players not listed on the first- or second-team admitted to wrongdoing as did one second-team player according to sources. Two other football players were ruled ineligible earlier in the fall for games as part of the original 23 student-athletes from various sports who acknowledged receiving improper help on an on-line test from a former tutor employed by the athletic department.
[table][tr][td]
ad_arrow.gif
ADVERTISEMENT�
ad_arrow.gif

[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]FSU officials confirmed on Tuesday that up to 25 players will not participate in the bowl. Specific reasons or names will not be announced because of federal student-privacy laws according to Vice President of University Relations Lee Hinkle. FSU coach Bobby Bowden did not specifically address the academic misconduct case in a statement released by the university.
"Some of our players will not travel with us to the bowl game," Bowden said. "We have some players not traveling for one reason and some for another, including those who are ineligible for the bowl because of academic issues. We cannot be more specific than that at this time.

"Our staff is in the process of determining what adjustments we must make for the game. We will have a few practices to get our plans in place."

Involved players will continue to practice but will not travel with the team to Nashville. Underclassmen who have admitted wrongdoing are expected to be suspended 3.6 games, including the bowl, although the exact penalty is not believed to have been determined by the NCAA. The penalty will carry into next season.

FSU coaches can at least continue preparing for Kentucky knowing that top playmakers Preston Parker, Antone Smith, Greg Carr and starting quarterback Drew Weatherford are among those not affected by the case. The defense is expected to be hit hard by the losses but leading tacklers Derek Nicholson and Geno Hayes were not on the list shared by sources on Tuesday.

Oddsmakers had taken the FSU-Kentucky game off the board even before Tuesday as university officials continued interviewing players.

Although FSU has sent the NCAA its list of declared ineligible players, at least one FSU official believed that the exact number could change slightly. FSU learned of the case involving the tutor while investigating in the spring an unrelated case of academic misconduct involving a former athletic department employee and non-football players.

Throughout its investigation, FSU has kept the NCAA up to date on the case. The process included re-interviewing football players, who were told if the NCAA later determined they were involved and had lied about it that they would face losing their athletic eligibility. That in part has led to more players coming forward regarding their involvement in the academic misconduct case.

NCAA enforcement members have been in Tallahassee and at least two meetings at NCAA headquarters with FSU officials, including President T.K. Wetherell, have been held. The next step is to send the NCAA its final report. Hinkle said that will happen at the beginning of the new year.

Once I heard about this I just laughed and kinda hoped that Myron Rolle was involved because of how he said that academics was the #1 thing for him during hisrecruitment...

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Once I heard about this I just laughed and kinda hoped that Myron Rolle was involved because of how he said that academics was the #1 thing for him during his recruitment...

So why is he at FSU?

Miami > UF > FSU Academically.

how is the dean going to punish these guys? academic probation? suspended them all, and tell them they can comeback next fall? they might lose a year, whatsgoing to happen?

damn, this is going to be on their files for up to 3 years! any schools going to take these guys in?

Back
Top Bottom