2 years later and this incident still cracks me up

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by ToneLow

I dont know, this is one of my favorite moments of all time. Call it douchey, disrespectful or whatever you want but all he did was say what a lot of other people were already thinking. And he was 110% correct. He couldve done it with more tact but it was the MTV awards, its already a joke to begin with.

That is your opinion, "you belong to me" was a big video
Beyonce won video of the year> Taylor one best female video

MTV awards is not like the grammys they are not going to let you pull an MJ and walk out with every award and everyone else has nothing.

Honestly kanye was drunk so he gets a pass, but the people who said he was right you guys get a 
eyes.gif

lil mama
roll.gif
Gotcha, makes perfect sense...
grin.gif

He didn't attack her personally, he simply took the mic (even said "excuse me") and said that beyonce had one of the best music videos of all time.
laugh.gif
which it was.
Again, what he said- correct...how he said it- wrong, but very entertaining.

2 years? damn I'm getting old

but swift is bringing country back into some pop mainstream, actually any young female country singer. how'd she get discovered again? American idol or what?

What? how does an incident 2 years ago make you old? Were you 65 two years ago?? Some of you dudes say the dumbest things...
laugh.gif

& you other bammas having the same arguement from 2 years ago
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

Originally Posted by Young Handsome

Originally Posted by derrty6232

*Waits for "Talyor Swift is only popular because of Kanye."*
nerd.gif

She was popular before, but he DEFINITELY helped her career.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]No ifs, ands, or buts about it. And dude at 1:09 [/color]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i doubt it. im sure her country music fans were all like ... "Who's this Cane person that interrupted taylor?"

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

shoefreakbaby wrote:

Its the truth taylor has already broken records kanye will not.
Black people became more aware of taylor, but they didnt go buy her stuff, so I dont see how he helped her.

Yeah she did some interviews afterward, but that lasted a month or so.

Beyonce said it best when she got her award and gave it to her.

What he did was disrespectful and had someone did it to him when he got his first MTV award he would have screamed bloody mary.

I would have took the mic and beat his head 
eyes.gif

Team tears drops on my guitar 
happy.gif

My EXACT thoughts.  Had someone jumped up there and did the same thing to him, he would have went bananas.

i agree. look at how south park made fun of him and years later hes still talking about it.
he mentions it my beautiful dark twisted fantasy album

and then again in watch the throne 

im just saying, if he cant let something like that go (a show that gets at everyone, everything and every topic no matter how controversial or touchy)

he would probably never forgive the person who interrupted him on his first mtv award

Originally Posted by ItzJono

The thread was classic

it really was.
roll.gif
People were mad in there. Ima be be honest tho Henny makes a regular douche just that much more bold with it. Kanye was a victim of the Henny tilt on top of being an uber #$*#!$$+@. But on a more serious note it was really rude and disrespectful.

Kanye fans....are just such a bizarre breed.

Like....y'all see "swag" in this moment. Dude's with Kanye avy's repping this like you aren't on some fanboy steez.

And it was just a bad look for everybody.

It's an award show. Does this dude really not know there is a time and a place for everything? Did he not think he had enough of a platform to address this another time?

I drink Henny too. I don't act all out of pocket just because I drink.

Kanye strikes me as a guy with major issues. And a false sense of security. He comes off as kind of insecure to me quite a bit. Which is fine. It's real. But his "swag"....I just don't see it.

If you look beyond the surface, certain elements of this dude's character are mad questionable.

I think that's why he puts so much effort into the surface. Because he doesn't want you to look past it. But when you're in the public eye that much, and you're as vocal as he is, it's bound to show eventually.

Kanye got issues and hasn't been right since his moms death. Even still he is a spoiled materialistic **** but I'll rock with his music till the end.

Originally Posted by M4rioL

2 years? damn I'm getting old

but swift is bringing country back into some pop mainstream, actually any young female country singer. how'd she get discovered again? American idol or what

Thats why that award was so important, country artist never get MTV awards
I like taylor, she been writing music since elementary.
pimp.gif

She got signed to the label she use to write for.

She writes all her songs and comes up with melodies
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by illphillip

Kanye fans....are just such a bizarre breed.

Like....y'all see "swag" in this moment. Dude's with Kanye avy's repping this like you aren't on some fanboy steez.

And it was just a bad look for everybody.

It's an award show. Does this dude really not know there is a time and a place for everything? Did he not think he had enough of a platform to address this another time?

I drink Henny too. I don't act all out of pocket just because I drink.

Kanye strikes me as a guy with major issues. And a false sense of security. He comes off as kind of insecure to me quite a bit. Which is fine. It's real. But his "swag"....I just don't see it.

If you look beyond the surface, certain elements of this dude's character are mad questionable.

I think that's why he puts so much effort into the surface. Because he doesn't want you to look past it. But when you're in the public eye that much, and you're as vocal as he is, it's bound to show eventually.
Im a kanye fan but i did not agree with what he did that night...he could have just wrote an angry blog like he used to do... *kanyeshrug*

Originally Posted by cap1229

Kanye got issues and hasn't been right since his moms death. Even still he is a spoiled materialistic **** but I'll rock with his music till the end.

my roommate and i were just talking about this
dude never was cocky with it because he always had his grandma and mom to make sure he kept a level head 

with both them gone who does he have to tell him to act right

hes just a rich iconic man with no one to tell him otherwise 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Taylor Swift did not receive a career boost from that incident. You don't know country music whatsoever if you actually believe that.
Kanye will never be half the artist she is when it comes to popularity, album and single sales. 

And I hate her and her "look at me, I'm so popular" stuck up attitude. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Utter foolishness.  Not only is part of that statement subjective, the other part is plainly not true.

This goes to show all you younger NTers, post quality > post quanitity.

Now who's the idiot here? She's sold 20 Million albums and 41 million singles. Both greater than Kanye. She made $45 million in each of 2010 AND 2011. Kanye barely made a third of that.So keep living in your hip hop bubble bro.

Taylor Swift did not receive a career boost from that incident. You don't know country music whatsoever if you actually believe that.
Kanye will never be half the artist she is when it comes to popularity, album and single sales. 

And I hate her and her "look at me, I'm so popular" stuck up attitude. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Utter foolishness.  Not only is part of that statement subjective, the other part is plainly not true.

Now who's the idiot here? She's sold 20 Million albums and 41 million singles. Both greater than Kanye. She made $45 million in each of 2010 AND 2011. Kanye barely made a third of that.So keep living in your hip hop bubble bro.

I dont think people realize how hard it is for rappers to sell albums.
*Flame suit*

a lot of ethnic fans do not buy albums 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

*Flame suit*

roll.gif
 how long and how many albums has ye released. how many has taylor released and for how long? Taylor has never needed kanye. kanye needed this moment

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

*Flame suit*

Kanye has two years of album sales on her. And let's be serious, Kanye is just as much a pop star as he is a rapper.

lulz @ the hate Yeezy is getting in this thread
Taylor Swift will never have the same impact on music, fashion or culture as Kanye

Plus, its not his fault he was drinking the truth serum that night. Lil Mama is a biter tho 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Edit: And when did sale numbers tell the whole story, i mean the Carter IV sold like 900,000+ records the first week
laugh.gif

Guarantee 90% don't know who Taylor Swift is if Kanye doesn't step on that stage that night.
To say she didn't gain anything from this is preposterous.

Back
Top Bottom