2 years later and this incident still cracks me up

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Not one Ye song on the Ipod (not even Jesus walks)
Back to December> kanye collection(except that one song "street lights"
pimp.gif
)

laugh.gif

My body is ready for the flames 

Damn really just said on song > 'Ye's entire catalog??  Probably the best catalog in music over the past 10 years too. 
I like some of her stuff and enjoyed Speak Now for the most part but none of her stuff compares to CD,LR,Graduation or MBDTF.
How anyone can say such an ignorant thing with a straight face is beyond me.
I hope you were trollin.

No I was not. It's not like I'm stating it as fact,it's just my opinion. He's made some of my favorite albums over the past 10 years. Who would you put ahead of him? Which other artists have consistently put out quality albums over the past 10 years(since 2002). I'd love to know who so I know who to check out.

shoefreakbaby wrote:

pimp.gif
)

laugh.gif

Jesus Walks isn't even really a good track. If i went and looked at how many times I have played that track compared to his other tracks it would most likely be at the bottom. I guarantee you got stuff he produced on your iPod tho 

All of you shut up. This isn't even the music forum.
I think the only people that this event influenced were the white people who hate blacks who didn't know of T. Swift before (I wonder how many that is?)
laugh.gif

Outside of that I don't see how the event could have pushed her fame.

Originally Posted by AlBooBoo5

shoefreakbaby wrote:
pimp.gif
)

laugh.gif

Jesus Walks isn't even really a good track. If i went and looked at how many times I have played that track compared to his other tracks it would most likely be at the bottom. I guarantee you got stuff he produced on your iPod tho 

I said that cause I luvs the lord.
Billie jean remix
pimp.gif

Used to love you
pimp.gif

Still Taylor still wins 

You shut up swag odie, go listen to rihanna
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by aThievinGenIus

laugh.gif
 man he came outta the blue. like i would love to just watch his journey to the stage
roll.gif

me too
At first I thought it was staged cause they didnt even try to stop him.

I still cant believe she gave him the mic, she must have thought he was going to praise her 
laugh.gif

For you guys saying how could they let this happen it not like this has happened before you young cats need to look up ODB at the VMA's or Tim Commerford from RATM climbing the scaffolding.

Damn really just said on song > 'Ye's entire catalog??  Probably the best catalog in music over the past 10 years too. 
I like some of her stuff and enjoyed Speak Now for the most part but none of her stuff compares to CD,LR,Graduation or MBDTF.
I hope you were trollin.

No I was not. It's not like I'm stating it as fact,it's just my opinion. He's made some of my favorite albums over the past 10 years. Who would you put ahead of him? Which other artists have consistently put out quality albums over the past 10 years(since 2002). I'd love to know who so I know who to check out.

the mars volta
radiohead

iron & wine

Tom Waits

Burial (he only has two albums, but consitently drops ep, remixes, singles, etc..)

sigur ros

animal collective 
laugh.gif

Hell, I'll throw in krit just because he's consistent.

I hope thats enough
happy.gif

I hope you were trollin.

the mars volta
radiohead

iron & wine

Tom Waits

Burial (he only has two albums, but consitently drops ep, remixes, singles, etc..)

sigur ros

animal collective 
laugh.gif

I hope thats enough
happy.gif
*Extends brofist* But I  must ask you sir, no Black Keys ?

Whether you side with Kanye or Taylor Swift. At the end of the day:

-Kanye becomes blacklisted in the public eye
-President...black president calls him an a hole
-Gaga cancels his concert
-Clothing line stripped away from him
-Goes into hiding
-Does an interview saying not to feel sorry about a young adult white female.
-A year later he makes a song about celebrating d bags and a holes
-Returns to VMAS
-Performs right AFTER Taylor Swift (and she made comments about Ye in her song that she performed)
-Closes the show, brings down the house with standing ovations over a song about HIM being a ****
-Goes on to sell millions
-Back like he never left and becomes MORE cocky

......screw up or not, dude rose from the ashes in a fair amount of time and did it with no apologies. But really...that's not saying much, even Chris Brown won a grammy after getting his knuckles dirty *Ye shrug*

-The Juice

I hope you were trollin.

the mars volta
radiohead

iron & wine

Tom Waits

sigur ros

animal collective 
laugh.gif

I hope thats enough
happy.gif
The ones highlighted are
pimp.gif
,haven't heard the rest but fair enough. Thanks,I'll be sure to check them out. Krit already 
laugh.gif
,ain't eem mad.
I just meant one of the better catalog in terms of having multiple (more then 2) great albums within the last decade. 

I've always thought the Kanye situation was highly staged.

- Kanye rocks up "drunk" drinking Hennessey
-Kanye had a deal with LV which happens to be part of the LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessey Group)
-I believe Ye's shoe deal was dropping/dropped around that time.

Kanye + controversy + millions of photos seen drinking their product = perfect opportunity to advertise Kanye's LV's through all the blogs/magazines etc

And for people comparing Taylor Swift's popularity to Kanye West's....some of you need to step out of America. Kanye is an international blockbuster....Taylor is a domestic sensation...

there's a difference between the two, one is bigger than the other.

Hendrix Watermelon wrote:

the mars volta

My man.
Deloused, Frances, and Amputechture were straight
pimp.gif

And since you mentioned Sigur Ros you may be interested in this mashup by a local artist
Spoiler [+]

Stupid Yuku is inserting the Vid at the top of my post...

Back to the thread!

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Taylor Swift did not receive a career boost from that incident. You don't know country music whatsoever if you actually believe that.
Kanye will never be half the artist she is when it comes to popularity, album and single sales. 

And I hate her and her "look at me, I'm so popular" stuck up attitude. 

LMAOOOOOOOO alright dude, w.e. you say

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

-Kanye had a deal with LV which happens to be part of the LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessey Group)

Kanye + controversy + millions of photos seen drinking their product = perfect opportunity to advertise Kanye's LV's through all the blogs/magazines etc

And for people comparing Taylor Swift's popularity to Kanye West's....some of you need to step out of America. Kanye is an international blockbuster....Taylor is a domestic sensation...

Shoe deals with Nike, LV, and to take the cake.....
Savvy-Shoes-Kanye-West-Giuseppe-Zanotti.jpg

Giuseppe Zanotti & Kanye West  
30t6p3b.gif

Retail is $4,000 plus, and they are actually selling.....

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

I dunno how one drinks a whole bottle of Henney and not slur a little bit.

**@* Taylor Swift and her bum %%$ music I thought the $!+! was funny as hell

Kanye was sauced and keeping it funky white people overreacted the end.

Originally Posted by CashBanks

%+*$ Kanye West and his bum $*$ music.  I thought the @$%% was dumb as hell.

Taylor was respectful and kept it real while Kanye showed his $*$ cause he's an idiot.

(See what I did there)

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

Originally Posted by CashBanks

%+*$ Kanye West and his bum $*$ music.  I thought the @$%% was dumb as hell.

Taylor was respectful and kept it real while Kanye showed his $*$ cause he's an idiot.

(See what I did there)
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)][/color]
a4v5ep.gif

Damn 2 years already? This was just another example of the piece of ##+% of a person he is. Not gonna lie though, he is amazingly talented, but a despicable human being.

Back
Top Bottom