2 weeks from the US presidential election... who are YOU voting for? (do over)

Originally Posted by Black Milk

I have a question to the single minded individuals who carry guns. What exactly are you carrying these guns for? because unless you are some sort of hunter or whatever, i really do not see a reason why a gun should be in ones household. If guns were to stay in the hands of policemen and women and other forms of security personnel, gun violence would be at an all time low and there would be millions of children and people alive today. I dont give a damn about "protecting" my neighborhood/household. You do not need a gun for that, its 2008 I want someone to really give a good reason as to why guns are NEEDED.
I'm saying gun control works. Just look at Chicago... oh wait.

So women and policemen need them? Are you joking? How can you possibly justify guns but only for women? Are women the only people that are victims of a crime? Christ that is the most ridicuous thing I have ever heard in regards to this argument and believe I have heard what I thought was stupidity.

So if women have guns, and no men do so that we are all safe what would happen with the guns stolen from women by violent criminals?

Crimes are not commited by law abiding citizens, even law abiding citizens WITH guns. Crimes are commited by criminals, and gun crimes are commited by criminals who have guns. Very few of these guns are legally purchased guns registered to the perp.

Make gun ownership a crime and you will only have criminals with guns. That is not better than what we have now. The answer HAS to start with extreme penalties for crimes commited with guns, not punishing good people, who are also responsible gun owners.

next you will say that if guns were simply illegal then they wouldn't be available to criminals right?

Tell that to all the folks who have to make just one phone call to get ahold of cocaine, which for the record is also not legal in this country nor is it produced here.

Bingo! Gun control just makes it harder to lawfully purchase guns.

silly? Taking guns out of the hands of citizens is silly? You clearly stated that you don't need to carry your gun, then why do you? This dude is onsome cowboy, old western tumbleweed steez. "if i get shot, im shooting back" are you serious though? if you can be a responsible gun owner, whycan't you be a responsible citizen and keep yourself from getting in confrontations? you tell me my good man, what are the chances of you having toactually USE your gun? Seems to me that you NEED this gun to feel protected. you wouldnt need to feel "protected" if there wasn't a wat forthese criminals that shot you to obtain a gun in the first place. What if you shoot back and it ricochets? what if you shoot the wrong guy? I just don'tget why you need a gun to defend yourself from guns? it makes NO sense at all. You acting as if stopping citizens fom obtaining guns won't lower themurder rate and won't lower crime significantly. Big Fame One, can you really sit here and say that theres more positives in having a gun than negativesin having one? Like, lets be serious. Cmon, why can't you see it from both sides of the spectrum?

silly? Taking guns out of the hands of citizens is silly? You clearly stated that you don't need to carry your gun, then why do you? This dude is on some cowboy, old western tumbleweed steez. "if i get shot, im shooting back" are you serious though? if you can be a responsible gun owner, why can't you be a responsible citizen and keep yourself from getting in confrontations? you tell me my good man, what are the chances of you having to actually USE your gun? Seems to me that you NEED this gun to feel protected. you wouldnt need to feel "protected" if there wasn't a wat for these criminals that shot you to obtain a gun in the first place. What if you shoot back and it ricochets? what if you shoot the wrong guy? I just don't get why you need a gun to defend yourself from guns? it makes NO sense at all. You acting as if stopping citizens fom obtaining guns won't lower the murder rate and won't lower crime significantly. Big Fame One, can you really sit here and say that theres more positives in having a gun than negatives in having one? Like, lets be serious. Cmon, why can't you see it from both sides of the spectrum?
I would be happy to continue to make you look silly, in another thread. I am done in here as this is not even close to the point of this thread.

I do see things from both sides of the spectrum, which is why I said I would give up guns if I felt the reasoning was right. It is you that simply can'tlook beyond your narrow views. By the way, Canada has guns, far more than we do and far less gun violence. It is not the fault of the guns, it is the fault ofthe shooter. Your argumewnt is NOT holding water.

img_collinder.gif

This is a big joke.

Time to overthrow the ENTIRE government.

George Washington and Company would be embarassed to see this place right now.

Seriously.

to all of u guys thinking a gun in the house is just safety....
i bet you wont say that wen ur 2 year old gets a hand of it

You acting as if stopping citizens fom obtaining guns won't lower the murder rate and won't lower crime significantly.
Like I said earlier, look at Chicago. It has one of the highest murder rates in the nation and the strictest guns laws too. So explain that forme.

to all of u guys thinking a gun in the house is just safety....
i bet you wont say that wen ur 2 year old gets a hand of it

That is the purpose of responsible gun ownership. You don't just leave your gun out where your 2 year old to reach because that would kindairresponsible.But I don't have a kid so I don't have to worry about that.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

No the trick or treater was killed by a person
... and if that person didn't have the gun, the trick or treater would have more than likely been alive today.

what are the chances of you having to actually USE your gun?
better to have and not need it...than to need it and not have it.

I just don't get why you need a gun to defend yourself from guns? it makes NO sense at all.
so someone breaks into your house and attempts to rape or murder your mother, wife, sister daughter.... you gonna sit there and wait for thepolice?

btw....
[h3]It's Better to Have a Gun and Not Need It, Than to Need a Gun and Not Have it[/h3] [h4]Posted by Scott L. Bach October 01, 2007 6:54AM[/h4]
It's 10:30 a.m. and you're locked in your bedroom. There's a madman pounding on the bedroom door, just seconds from breaking through. Best case, the police are 5-10 minutes away. Worst case, it could be more than an hour. What do you do?

Is this the paranoid, fear-inducing scenario of a gun rights activist?

Not really, considering it happened to a 22-year old Paterson, NJ woman just last week.

Fortunately for the woman, she was able to access her husband's lawfully owned firearm and scare off the attacker without injuring him. But what would have happened if she didn't have a firearm?

This kind of scenario happens every day, and criminologists estimate that the defensive use of firearms by law abiding citizens to stop an attack occurs at least several hundred thousand times per year in the U.S.

Your safety is your responsibility. The U.S. Supreme Court has held that the police owe no duty to protect individual citizens, so if you dial 911 and the police don't show up for several hours, they are not liable for what happens. That's the law of the land.

Are you paranoid if you buckle your seat belt? How about if you keep a fire extinguisher in your bedroom (a word to the wise: keep one there)? Like a fire extinguisher or a seat belt, a firearm is a safety tool. The odds are that you won't need it. But if you do, you and your family will be glad you were prepared.

but anyway...I thought you were leaving NT, Mayor?

as much as i want to be strapped i'm not basing my vote off that.....there are way more important issues...

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

what are the chances of you having to actually USE your gun?
better to have and not need it...than to need it and not have it.

I just don't get why you need a gun to defend yourself from guns? it makes NO sense at all.
so someone breaks into your house and attempts to rape or murder your mother, wife, sister daughter.... you gonna sit there and wait for the police?

co-sign. I should have the right to obtain weapons. I pay taxes right?

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

The number of people NOT voting at all is appauling...
smh.gif
eyes.gif
the number of uninformed idiots THAT WILL VOTE and believethere are only 2 candidates is even worse.
eyes.gif

If you don't want a gun....don't get one and stop worrying about the people that do.

If you don't wanna get shot while trying to rob someone..keep being against this issue or stop trying to rob people and get your own damn money.

I don't see how people can be against someone having a gun in their home......you don't want it??? Don't get it??? Why are you worried about thepeople that do???

If you are worried about crime.....it will help because they can trace what bullet came from what gun....the should take a stamp of every gun and compare thebullet and BAM you know AT LEAST who owned the gun(might be stolen)

after wat I've been hearing about obama I don't even feel like voting anymore...whoever wins just better not mess up our country

Cops: Cape Girardeau woman kills man who returned to rape her second time

Photo from Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department. (=)
By Heather Ratcliffe
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
10/31/2008

An intended rape victim shot and killed her attacker this morning in Cape Girardeau when he broke into her home to rape her a second time, police said.

The 57-year-old woman shot Ronnie W. Preyer, 47, a registered sex offender, in the chest with a shotgun when he broke through her locked basement door.

The woman told police he was the same man who raped her several days earlier. Officials do not intend to seek charges against her.

In the first incident, the woman heard glass breaking in her basement about midnight on Saturday. She went to leave the house, and the man attacked when she opened the front door. He punched her in the face and then forced her into a bedroom, where he raped her, said H. Morley Swingle, prosecuting attorney in Cape Girardeau County.

The victim reported the crime to police, and her landlord repaired the broken window.

She was home alone again Friday about 2:15 a.m. when Preyer broke the same basement window. The victim was awake watching television, when Preyer switched off the electricity to her house.

She tried to call 911, but couldn't because the power was off. She got a shotgun and waited as the man began banging on the basement door. She fired when Preyer came crashing through the door. When Preyer collapsed, the woman escaped and went to a neighbor's home, where she called police. Officers, who arrived within a minute, found a bleeding Preyer stumbling away from the house. He was taken to St. Francis Medical Center, where he died several hours later.

Swingle said the victim identified Preyer as the attacker in both incidents. Preyer, of Jackson, Mo., had wet caulking from the recently repaired basement window on his clothing when he was shot.

"I will not be filing any sort of charge against this 57-year-old woman, who was clearly justified under the law in shooting this intruder in her home," Swingle said.

Barack Obama and Joe Biden.
Handicapped mccain and the extremely unintelligent token barbie are a JOKE!

I BARACKed the vote. It wasn't an easy choice though-I actually liked both parties issues equally and disliked them in the same way. The thing that causedmy vote to swing was the fact that while I think Sarah Palin is koo people I would not put the lives of millions in her hands (if something happened toMcCain). Also, the war is the largest issue for me because I feel it has a direct effect on the economy and we need to do something different. Bring the troopshome. I don't like Obama's immigration stance and I think he's slightly overzealous, but Joe Biden is extremely intelligent and level headed.Honestly Obama's goals are lofty in light of our economy, BUT I think it'd be koo to do something different as a nation. Why not let a man who is fullycapable AND of color represent our nation? It COULD be a good look for America. Thus, this is why I BARACKed the vote.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Cops: Cape Girardeau woman kills man who returned to rape her second time

Photo from Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department. (=)
By Heather Ratcliffe
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
10/31/2008

An intended rape victim shot and killed her attacker this morning in Cape Girardeau when he broke into her home to rape her a second time, police said.

The 57-year-old woman shot Ronnie W. Preyer, 47, a registered sex offender, in the chest with a shotgun when he broke through her locked basement door.

The woman told police he was the same man who raped her several days earlier. Officials do not intend to seek charges against her.

In the first incident, the woman heard glass breaking in her basement about midnight on Saturday. She went to leave the house, and the man attacked when she opened the front door. He punched her in the face and then forced her into a bedroom, where he raped her, said H. Morley Swingle, prosecuting attorney in Cape Girardeau County.

The victim reported the crime to police, and her landlord repaired the broken window.

She was home alone again Friday about 2:15 a.m. when Preyer broke the same basement window. The victim was awake watching television, when Preyer switched off the electricity to her house.

She tried to call 911, but couldn't because the power was off. She got a shotgun and waited as the man began banging on the basement door. She fired when Preyer came crashing through the door. When Preyer collapsed, the woman escaped and went to a neighbor's home, where she called police. Officers, who arrived within a minute, found a bleeding Preyer stumbling away from the house. He was taken to St. Francis Medical Center, where he died several hours later.

Swingle said the victim identified Preyer as the attacker in both incidents. Preyer, of Jackson, Mo., had wet caulking from the recently repaired basement window on his clothing when he was shot.

"I will not be filing any sort of charge against this 57-year-old woman, who was clearly justified under the law in shooting this intruder in her home," Swingle said.

SUMTER, S.C. - The parents of a 12-year-old shot to death while trick-or-treating said Monday they hope the man accused of killing him suffers for the rest of his life.

T.J. Darrisaw died Halloween night after police say a convicted felon unleashed a barrage of bullets from inside a home, pumping at least 29 shots through the closed door and front of the house. The boy's father and brother also were wounded.

"The injury to my arm is not as bad as the injury to my heart. I've lost a piece of my heart forever," father Freddie Grinnell Jr. said as he sat in his living room Monday.

Police said the suspect, Quentin Patrick, 22, opened fire with an AK-47 because he thought he was being robbed. The family went to the home because the porch light was on, usually a signal that trick-or-treaters are welcome.

Two of three siblings who went to the door with their father were wearing ghoulish masks. Their parents said the slain boy was determined to get candy first, so he was in front when the shots were fired.

"T.J. saved us that night," Grinnell said. "He took most of the shots."

When the shooting stopped, Grinnell said, the door swung open. Patrick stood there, gun in hand, and said, "Oh, no."

"I was holding my son while he was bleeding, and he was backing out of the yard," Grinnell recalled.

Grinnell and another son who was shot were treated for minor injuries and released from a hospital.

T.J.'s mother, Daphne Grinnell, said T.J. liked to bake cakes, in part because he relished licking the batter, and constantly asked what he could do to help out around the home. The seventh-grader was on his middle school drill team and loved math and board games.

"He was always up for a challenge," his father said, recounting how his son got up early for math tutoring. "I was looking forward to his graduation, to high school, to college. I was looking forward to all of it because I know he would make it."

Patrick, who is charged with murder and three counts of assault and battery with intent to kill, was denied bond Monday. He cried and wiped away a tear as the charges were read. He did not enter a plea and a lawyer has not been assigned to his case yet.

State records show Patrick has been charged with evading police and a string of drug crimes since he turned 18 in 2004. He was sentenced to three years in prison but released in January 2007 under a program for first-time offenders after serving just five months.

Prosecutors have not said whether they will seek the death penalty, but the police chief in Sumter, a city of 40,000 about 45 miles east of Columbia, said she will recommend they do.

T.J.'s parents said they want Patrick to suffer for a lifetime behind bars.

"He should have to live every day in jail and see it and feel it every day for the rest of his life," Daphne Grinnell said. "The death penalty would be a shortcut."

Freddie Grinnell Jr. said he doesn't want an apology.

"'I'm sorry' does not bring my child back," he said. "I want justice."

Meanwhile, he continues to relive the nightmare of the shooting.

"I see the same thing," Grinnell said. "We were just standing on the front porch for a second, and all hell broke loose. It happened so quickly."

...so you're compaing a criminal with an illegal gun with a law abiding citizen who was about to get raped (for the 2nd time) owning a legal shotgun?

lol

criminals will always find a way to get weapons...

besides....isn't this what you stated?

i really do not see a reason why a gun should be in ones household. If guns were to stay in the hands of policemen and women and other forms of security personnel, gun violence would be at an all time low and there would be millions of children and people alive today. I dont give a damn about "protecting" my neighborhood/household. You do not need a gun for that, its 2008 I want someone to really give a good reason as to why guns are NEEDED.

what do you suggest that women should have done?

Back
Top Bottom