2 Duke vs 15 Belmont

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

that coast to coast layup was possibly the worst defensive stand i've seen next to that Cal vs Stanford 'The Band is on the field' play.

Yea that was pretty much just inexcusable. I'd say like 95% of the time any team is going to stop the ball, dudes just weren't paying attention.That's not to say Duke wouldn't have scored on that possession anyways, but they did get a gimme.

roll.gif
roll.gif
at Duke. You get the best players every year and you still always seem to suck.There are only two constants in life....change and Duke having a great record and then being exposed in the tournament.
roll.gif
Overrated doesn't even BEGIN to describe that entire Duke program. Anyrecruit wishing to ever win a championship should have figure out by now that they shouldn't go to Duke.

Originally Posted by Nek32

roll.gif
roll.gif
at Duke. You get the best players every year and you still always seem to suck. There are only two constants in life....change and Duke having a great record and then being exposed in the tournament.
roll.gif
Overrated doesn't even BEGIN to describe that entire Duke program. Any recruit wishing to ever win a championship should have figure out by now that they shouldn't go to Duke.

Word
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And you're a fan of??????

roll.gif
roll.gif
at Duke. You get the best players every year and you still always seem to suck. There are only two constants in life....change and Duke having a great record and then being exposed in the tournament.
roll.gif
Overrated doesn't even BEGIN to describe that entire Duke program. Any recruit wishing to ever win a championship should have figure out by now that they shouldn't go to Duke.
Wait did Duke lose????

indifferent.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
dvlpi8.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

who is your team?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Within the past 20 years, Duke has one of the best records, and has won more championships than any other program in the NCAA. Just because they dont win thetitle ever year makes them overrated?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

Wow
indifferent.gif
Duke got lucky. They're out next round.
indifferent.gif

No no

Yes Yes
To who....?

West Virgina or Arizona???

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Both West Virginia and Arizona are world's better than Belmont, that's why they aren't #15 seeds, which you almost just lost to. I fail to seehow you could still be ultra confident in your team after this performance. Duke's reliance on the 3 will come back to bite them.

That being said I have them going at least to the Sweet 16 in all my brackets
laugh.gif

P.S..

http://niketalk.com/topic/20060

[h1]"Use only the ACTUAL team names or player's names in thread titles[/h1]Save the trash talking nicknames for INSIDE the thread, and leave thethread title for the actual names or cities or players (in the case of tennis matches and boxing matches, etc.)

Save 'Queens' for inside the thread; use 'SAC Kings' or 'Sacto Kings' or just 'Kings' for the thread title.

We need thread titles to be clear so that everyone knows that the thread exists and what it's for. And if there's a thread title with'Crappers' in it (for the Clippers), then it's not clear to EVERYONE that it's a game thread made for the Clippers vs. Whoever.

Save the nicknames for inside the thread; leave the thread title for actual names and cities and players, etc."

survive and advance.

indifferent.gif
to the TS.

and i never once thought dUKe was going to lose for some reason.

[h3][/h3]
Luck
You mad?????
Where is
off_line.gif
Nek32????

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
dvlpi8.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

+%%@ outta here.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
This is so right And you can look at my team all you want
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

[h3][/h3]
Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
dvlpi8.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

+%%@ outta here.

pimp.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif

hey im a huge duke fan and yea they were lucky today but you have to get lucky also to win the whole thing. do i think they are going all the way? nope. but ifanyone has been watching them this year they have been playing up to their competition. we'll see what happens on saturday

Originally Posted by outkast9984

hey im a huge duke fan and yea they were lucky today but you have to get lucky also to win the whole thing. do i think they are going all the way? nope. but if anyone has been watching them this year they have been playing up to their competition. we'll see what happens on saturday
I feel the same way about my squad, nice outlook on the tourney too

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Wow
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

No no

Yes Yes
To who....?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Both West Virginia and Arizona are world's better than Belmont, that's why they aren't #15 seeds, which you almost just lost to. I fail to see how you could still be ultra confident in your team after this performance. Duke's reliance on the 3 will come back to bite them.

laugh.gif
And all the GOOD teams Duke beat aren't better then Belmont???
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Wow
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

No no

Yes Yes
To who....?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Both West Virginia and Arizona are world's better than Belmont, that's why they aren't #15 seeds, which you almost just lost to. I fail to see how you could still be ultra confident in your team after this performance. Duke's reliance on the 3 will come back to bite them.

laugh.gif

NIT????

Thought so....

Why does everyone automatically assume Duke will lose in the next round just because they had a close first round game? It's about matchups, and Belmontplayed smallball just like Duke which is why they struggled. Usually Duke draws the big men from the other team out to defend the 3 point shooters and thenthey can drive the lane and kick out if they need to. Belmonts smaller players were quick enough to step out and then recover so Duke didn't get all ofthe wide open stuff they are used to. I expect them to have a much easier time with WV.

laugh.gif
I cannot stand Duke, but it's always fun watching people come out the woodworks when something even remotely goes wrong for the Blue Devils... Duke isoverrated and players shouldn't go there if they want championships?
roll.gif
OK.

Bellmont lost that game more than Duke won it. Bellmont had no idea to do up 1 with a min left, so they fumbled it away. Ouch.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
I cannot stand Secretly love Duke, but it's always fun watching people come out the woodworks when something even remotely goes wrong for the Blue Devils... Duke is overrated and players shouldn't go there if they want championships?
roll.gif
OK.

wink.gif

Fact of the matter is.....Belmont is a TERRIBLE matchup forDuke.....

How to you beat a team who plays lots of pressure defense??? W/ 3 Point shooting, driving and Backdoor cuts....All of which are strengths of Belmont.

Originally Posted by outkast9984

hey im a huge duke fan and yea they were lucky today but you have to get lucky also to win the whole thing. do i think they are going all the way? nope. but if anyone has been watching them this year they have been playing up to their competition. we'll see what happens on saturday
Duke has not played up to their competition, they've played down to them. The Miami and GTech games were HORRIBLE, especially the Gtech joint. Igot them in the sixteen, but they had a rough time last night for sure.

Back
Top Bottom