'12 Bulls

Originally Posted by amel223

The thing I liked most about Rip tonight wasn't his shooting but his playmaking, which surprised me. He was finding people like he played with them all last season.

. He did things in one pre season game that I never saw Bogans do all last season.

I'd love to have JR or Nick Young, but realistically we don't have the minutes for either. We need somebody to take over Kyle's minutes. But they have to do it for the low. Who's out there that's cheap, is respectable from 3, and can get their own shot off?

If you trade Kyle for Nick or after you acquire Nick he takes his minutes by default so I'm not following?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

If you trade Kyle for Nick or after you acquire Nick he takes his minutes by default so I'm not following?

I dont even think Washington can trade him anytime soon.
But people are over thinking it.
Nick at the 2 or 3, in ideal situation keep Rip around 30 minutes a game, reduce Luol to 34-35 and you have 33 minutes to split with Ronnie and Nick.
Its far from ideal, JR would fit better in that role. ( since he has played it his whole career)  If you thought Brewer could handle it, maybe give him some point guard minutes. But against small lineups, its very possible we go with.
Rose, Rip, Ronnie Luol, and Taj. Specifically in situations where Tyson is on the bench for the Knicks etc. I wouldnt mind putting a Nick Young out there in place of Ronnie or Rip in those situations.
Cake we still dont have the minutes, cause where as Kyle is always going to be a liability on D, Tibbs can get Young to commit imo, and those tools make Rip the weak link on D. Its shaky cause he just +%+%$@* and moaned about his role, its obvious he can still play and 30 minutes might not keep him happy. If you decide to go after Nick or JR, right now its clear you might have to get rid of Brewer and Korver. If Washington would take back the salary I would do it, but its a conundrum.

Rip is just a solid veteran who knows how to make plays. Those great Pistons teams weren't offensive juggernauts. They relied on defense and good ball movement. Rip knows exactly what he's doing, and can hit an open shot. I don't understand why people thought it was a bad pickup. Yeah, he has miles on his legs, but he's never had to over-exert himself and carry a team.

Woah. The first team looked incredible. Rip meshed with the team perfectly. The ball and player movement was so crisp & IND had to pay attention to all 5 guys, so it just looked so easy for the starters.

Extremely impressive showing from the first team.

JR Smith will not fit well on this bulls team. JR Smith Ego is to big for this team. Him and Rose will not work.

All you knuckle heads who want JR need a reality check. Bulls play great team ball and we should be jumping for joy about the RIP signing. The more I think of it, a guy LIKE JR off the bench would be great. JR himself, a dummy who wants starting minutes, who takes the ball out of Rose's hand, suspect D ...no Thanks. Give me another RIP.

Great game last night and I'm looking forward to an excellent season of Seeing Red 
pimp.gif

First team I have no gripes with..but if Korver keeps shooting poorly we're gonna need to find another scorer off the bench. Watson, Brewer and Taj are very inconsistent and Asik brings no offensive presence when he's playing.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Rip is getting 25 minutes a game minimum. Lu is gonna end up getting 35 or so. I highly doubt Ronnie Brewer is only playing 22 minutes a game again. That was his lowest since his rookie year. We damn near don't even have time for Kyle so I don't see where the minutes are coming from for Nick who played 31 minutes a game last year. Especially not for the bread he's looking for.
Rip (25)/Brewer (11)/Korver (12)

Deng (35)/Brewer (13)

That's probably what the SG/SF rotation is looking like this year with Jimmy getting garbage time minutes.

We don't even need someone solid from the 3 pt line to play at SF. Just someone competent that give Lu a rest and not have the offense sputter.

The Pacers are just playing UP on Korver now and it's not going to help unless he's on the floor with Rose. That probably won't happen all that often so our only hope is to find a team desperate for 3 pt shooting and trade him for a 3/2 player.

Did the Nuggets sign Aaron Affalo back yet? I think he would be great for the team. He could hold down the D and stick the star guards.

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

Did the Nuggets sign Aaron Affalo back yet? I think he would be great for the team. He could hold down the D and stick the star guards.

5/43M

Originally Posted by TroyMcClure

They re-signed Afflalo to a multi-year deal

I trolled somebody hard with boozer in 2k
laugh.gif
won't say no names
nerd.gif

God I can't wait unTil the season starts

Merry Christmas my fellow Bullies! We finally made it...tipoff in hours! Enjoy the day with your family and enjoy the basketball season!

merry Christmas my fellow fans, enjoy your friends and family. Here's to a great season
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom