12/17 Monday Night Football: Bears @ Vikings

pimp.gif

It was an ugly game, but a win is a win. 5 in a row, and one more to the playoffs
pimp.gif

I love how ESPN hyped up the Vikes, now they're just ripping them... Defense held great, granted it was a crappy Bears offense, and we ran the ball.Winning football right there.
pimp.gif

See you next week on NBC ********
pimp.gif

Thank You Adrian Peterson, was down 15 points, and came up big for me int he end to win my playoff game
smile.gif

Decent win.

Bears D played their hearts out...props to them.

TJ...WTF were you thinking on some of those throws?
smh.gif
WTF? Jumping in the air and what not?
smh.gif
My dude gotta work on his mechanics in the off-season. However,off his 3 ints, i'll give him a pass for one and i'll give credit to the corner for the other...but the one where he floated it was just unbelievable.

We're extremely lucky we faced the worst offense in the league. Seriously...we won even though we had 4 TOs.

Hopefully, we come out better prepared against Washington.

Get well soon 'Toine! We need you.

bears are the only team that can force 4 turnovers in a game and still lose. they need a qb badly, those 3 fools aint cuttin it

National spotlight, T-Jax had his jitters. He should be fine by next week after getting his first game in primetime under his belt. Some of his throws werejust plain silly; he went completely away from what was working for him the past month. But he did get a career high in passing yards,
laugh.gif

We won't be able to win much playing like that; good thing the Bears are garbage. If it wasn't for our turnovers it would have easily been a 20-3 game.Our defense is super underrated and something special man. I just wish the media would stop anointing the Vikes as something; they never seem to do well whenthey got thrust in the national spotlight. They thrive when people count them out...

Originally Posted by truthmain

National spotlight, T-Jax had his jitters. He should be fine by next week after getting his first game in primetime under his belt. Some of his throws were just plain silly; he went completely away from what was working for him the past month. But he did get a career high in passing yards,
laugh.gif

We won't be able to win much playing like that; good thing the Bears are garbage. If it wasn't for our turnovers it would have easily been a 20-3 game. Our defense is super underrated and something special man. I just wish the media would stop anointing the Vikes as something; they never seem to do well when they got thrust in the national spotlight. They thrive when people count them out...

Hopefully he won't have jitters when NBC comes to town... Sunday Night Football.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by truthmain

National spotlight, T-Jax had his jitters. He should be fine by next week after getting his first game in primetime under his belt. Some of his throws were just plain silly; he went completely away from what was working for him the past month. But he did get a career high in passing yards,
laugh.gif

We won't be able to win much playing like that; good thing the Bears are garbage. If it wasn't for our turnovers it would have easily been a 20-3 game. Our defense is super underrated and something special man. I just wish the media would stop anointing the Vikes as something; they never seem to do well when they got thrust in the national spotlight. They thrive when people count them out...

Hopefully he won't have jitters when NBC comes to town... Sunday Night Football.
Hopefully he will.
happy.gif

and SMFH @ the Bears
smh.gif
indifferent.gif

Vikings cant continue to lose the turnover battle (last night 4-1) and win football games. We were lucky we were going against an inept offense in theBears...because most other teams would convert some of those opporotunities into points.

Hopefully we correct the errors we made from last game headed into the game with Washington...

Very interesting stat that had me
eek.gif

But there is something special about this group of Vikings. They may not be a passing team, but the offense is explosive. In the third quarter, Robert Ferguson turned a simple pass across the middle into a 71-yard play to the Bears' 1. It was the Vikings' 19th play of 50 yards or more, breaking a team record set in 1998

That's crazy to me
laugh.gif

a) this game was full of bad calls by the ref's

b) we suck on offense, penalties, some of them just plain stupid

c) Ron Turner really has to go

d) The offensive line coach Harry Hiestand has to go too (also from Illinois)

The D played pretty well to start, as usual and faded as the game wore on, as usual... due to the inability of the offense to stay on the field, as usual.

If I were one able to make decisions, the first thing I would do is clean house on the offensive staff side of the ball. Harry Hiestand and Pep Hamilton areboth part of the 'Turner' connection - Pep is an obvious disappointment and the rest of the Turner enclave is just pathetic.

Back to back screens, poorly executed, a max play passing range of 20 yards, the usual poor line blocking and inability to run, stick route after stick route,Fred Miller and a QB that looked scared to death on the field - completed the formula for disaster.

I'll say this to/about Lovie - I like him, but... he better think about saving face and get rid of his odorific offensive staff soon before that stinkcrawls up his ankle and runs him out of town too. After all, as the field commander, he is the man in charge of who runs and coaches his units, and theywell... just plain suck. It is ok to live by defense, when you have a functioning and healthy unit - it is not ok to die by them, putting an offensive schemeon the field that a Pop Warner team could have stopped.

Poor coaching, poor play calling, a tired defense and an unimaginative offense - were handed gifts several times in the form of Minnesota turnovers and fieldposition, this team right now... is just horrid.

I am tired of bashing on players, it is time *#$% rolled back uphill and the fingers pointed where they belong - the guys that prepare the game plans and coachthese players into below average mediocrity. It is the job of staff to have an effective game plan in hand each week, based on what you can do on both sides ofthe ball - and when you have weaknesses, you have to take some risks to compensate for it.

Once that plan is cobbled together, it is the coaches job during the in between game week to execute that plan in practice and to coach players on how tohandle their opponents - not relying on talent of players alone to get the job done, and that coaching crew is a colossal failure at doing that.

This really has to stop if the Bears want to call themselves a 'professional' football team - I do believe I heard Papa Bear rollover in his grave andpuke out the side of his decaying mouth last night - it was just that bad.

Back
Top Bottom