*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Originally Posted by knightngale

Reports from friday's lakers scrimmage are that Luke is still hot garbage...and out of shape 
thanks for that update
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

Reports from friday's lakers scrimmage are that Luke is still hot garbage...and out of shape 

Yeah, pretty much.  Other things I noticed at the scrimmage:
-Bynum was impressive.  Got pretty much everything he wanted, but the Lakers are pretty thin at the 4-5 positions.

-Artest.  They used him at and around the block. A LOT.  Not a lot of perimeter action from him.  He mostly created from the mid-post.

-Pick and roll defense (and offense) seemed to be a VERY strong emphasis.  Looked like the they defended it much better, but then again, the Lakers don't really have any speedy point guards.  Steve Blake did manage the first team well though, did a great job of facilitating and knocked down some jumpers.

-Devin Ebanks is nice.  Was able to hit from mid/long range, and didn't force anything.  He let the game come to him.

-Jason Kapono was running off of screens very well and hit several threes.  It'll be interesting to see how effective he'll be this season.

-McRoberts hustles.  Worked the offensive glass pretty well, but his offense was inept.  Gerald Green looked lost out there.

-Our rookies didn't really do much. Darius Morris is pretty much a game manager, don't think he took one jumper during the whole scrimmage.  Goudlock made a jumper or two, but was pretty much a non factor.

-Zack Andrews (I guess from our D-League team) has bounce and had a couple of nice dunks, but probably won't make our roster.

Overall, the thing I worry about most is the fact that nobody can really create their own shot off the dribble besides Kobe.  We need more athleticism.  Period.

Originally Posted by KOD843

They're saying she automatically gets half of what he has after 10yrs of marriage. Sounds like to me she already knew this and waited until that time came.  His parents never did like her and always felt she was a gold digger. Guess they were right...
30t6p3b.gif
cmon bro we both know the blame for this squarley rests on kobe....
tired.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

E3LAL:
So was it Kobe messing with Pau's girlfriend?
nerd.gif
Straight junior high female @+$#%@%% right there.
laugh.gif

"Kobe's been cheating."
"Oooooohhhh, maybe he was effing with Pau's wife then!"

Unbelievable.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
Wait for it… wait for it… wait for it… "I was just kidding, bro. Calm down and take a joke."
laugh.gif
I asked it for some laughs but it was also kind of serious.  Didn't we all conclude that it was Shannon who stepped between Pau's relationship all because of some unclear description from the media. 

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

gaseousfashion:
Thanks for posting that, bro!
smile.gif
Matt Barnes and Steve Blake were wet, damn 'Pregame Shootaround Champions'.
laugh.gif

I shot this video. Thanks for sharing it. Here's another one I recorded with Lawrence Tanter saying Ron Artest's new name over the speakers. 

They're saying she automatically gets half of what he has after 10yrs of marriage. Sounds like to me she already knew this and waited until that time came. His parents never did like her and always felt she was a gold digger. Guess they were right...

Or maybe it was Kobe trying to sleep around with as many women as possible trying to get her to divorce him before that 10 year deadline. Guess he failed...

People will $#@# on this signing but it's not bad for the minimum. Better than Theo Ratliff and Joe Smith, and without Caracter this is not a bad fallback.

The thing is with Mike Brown, he knows how to rotate his bigs on defense. McRoberts and Troy Murphy will find their niche in his defensive sets.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

They're saying she automatically gets half of what he has after 10yrs of marriage. Sounds like to me she already knew this and waited until that time came. His parents never did like her and always felt she was a gold digger. Guess they were right...

Or maybe it was Kobe trying to sleep around with as many women as possible trying to get her to divorce him before that 10 year deadline. Guess he failed...
Your wife cheated with Kobe

McRoberts is Lefty too right? I'm a fan of the Troy Murphy signing, he brings hustle that we lost when we traded LO and he can spread the floor too.. now all we need is a reliable PG with athleticism, and we're all set. I dunno about you guys asking for a deal to be done, last thing I know is the Lakers won back-to-back titles because of our length(Pau and Drew). and I don't care what you say about Kobe, but I have a feeling that he'll elevate our team this year. #letsgetthat18th

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

People will $#@# on this signing but it's not bad for the minimum. Better than Theo Ratliff and Joe Smith, and without Caracter this is not a bad fallback.

The thing is with Mike Brown, he knows how to rotate his bigs on defense. McRoberts and Troy Murphy will find their niche in his defensive sets.
I agree with everything people always +!%%! on twitter
laugh.gif
at least these guys can play unlike Theo and Smith.

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

and both bigs can hit the 3....

Baron Davis cleared waivers and says his top picks are LA, NY (Knicks) and Heat... says can be ready to play in 4 weeks

Baron Davis hasn't done %*** in years!

We can get him for dirt cheap, but I don't see him helping us at all. With D-Fisher, one quick move by an opposing PG and they're already scoring. With B-Diddy, one quick move by an opposing PG and there goes his back for the season.

I like the Troy Murphy signing. As mentioned Ratliff and Joe Smith were just too old. Caracter is garbage as well, so this is some good news.

We still need a better signing though.

Back
Top Bottom