*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

why would the Clippers want Paul now... stay with your all those quality players, Mo Williams, Chauncey, Caron, Aminu, Deandre... C'mon man!!! drop out of the CP3 trade already lol

Edit: OMG and I forgot about Blake and Gordon, like I said, drop out of the race!

If we can pull Ariza/CP3 from that deal w/o giving up the core(EJ/BG) then I say we should keep going
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

so sources say we are back in the hunt for Chris Paul? packaged around Pau and a third team for younger players... thoughts?

sounds like a big waste of time, we would be foolish to pursue Paul any further via trade

Nba using lakers to get a better offer from clips. Clips right now are deepest team in the league

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Mike_Bresnahan Mike Bresnahan

Lakers still in talks for Howard, Paul. Tough to gauge the extent of them, but they've been taking place. lat.ms/sGJMxn

LOL.

Got Laker fans like this:

monkey-in-hot-spring-too-much-real-life.jpg
Everyone knows that they're still in talks but I just want something to happen already. Lamar still acting shocked about being trade his name always came up in trades.

I'd rather keep Pau then Bynum if a deal goes down. Despite Pau being the weaker player he provides consistent numbers as well as being the healthier of the two.

Guys, there are still spots left in our Lakers fantasy NBA league.
If you are interested PM me for the league ID/password.

Its a Yahoo h2h league for only us laker fans in this thread. 12 team league.

PM me if you're interested and will be playing the whole year long regardless of your record.

Lakers just need to throw Bynum to NOH instead of Pau for CP3 & get this %*$@ over with already.

Kobe/CP3/Pau + get C or PG with the TPE. Start the season.

It doesn't look like D12 is going anywhere anyways (for now), & Mitch can continue to acquire him via trade up until the trade deadline. At least we'll have a nice core for now & for our future with CP3.

I don't think they'll offer Bynum for CP3 though, or else this deal would've probably been done already.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Lakers just need to throw Bynum to NOH instead of Pau for CP3 & get this %*$@ over with already.

Kobe/CP3/Pau + get C or PG with the TPE. Start the season.

It doesn't look like D12 is going anywhere anyways (for now), & Mitch can continue to acquire him via trade up until the trade deadline. At least we'll have a nice core for now & for our future with CP3.

I don't think they'll offer Bynum for CP3 though, or else this deal would've probably been done already.
[h3]Howard To Nets Talks Hit Critical Stage[/h3]
Dec 14, 2011 1:44 AM EST

Trade talks between the Nets and Magic for Dwight Howard have gained steam over the past few days and league sources say a possible four-team deal has taken shape.

New Jersey GM Billy King has aggressively pursued the necessary assets to satisfy the trade demands of Orlando for Howard.

The biggest obstacle is whether the Magic are actually prepared to give up their effort to convince Howard to remain with the franchise. There remains some optimism that Howard could be convinced to stay in the long-term if the team has a successful season.

No trade is imminent, but sources say the talks are entering a critical stage.

While the Nets are the frontrunners, Magic GM Otis Smith is listening to offers from other teams, according to sources.

The Nets are prepared to send Brook Lopez and a second significant asset obtained elsewhere in exchange for Howard and Hedo Turkoglu.

Howard hasn’t rescinded his trade request to the Nets, but as one source close to him says: “He runs hot and cold. …He just doesn’t always know what he wants.

Sometimes I hate real gm. Same thing I posted but full article. In the article they mention us...

[h1][/h1]
Nets assembling blockbuster Howard trade offer

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
7 hours, 25 minutes ago

Talks between the Orlando Magic and New Jersey Nets for a Dwight Howard blockbuster trade have gathered momentum over the past several days, and the framework of a possible four-team deal has taken shape, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Front office sources say Nets general manager Billy King has aggressively pursued the necessary players and picks to try and satisfy Orlando’s demands for Howard, one of the league’s most dominating and popular players.

The biggest hurdle for the Nets to acquire Howard will still ultimately be the Magic’s willingness to give up their future with him and concede that re-signing him is a lost cause. Orlando could also decide to keep Howard until the trade deadline in March and re-evaluate the market for him. There’s still a belief within the Magic a successful season could help them keep Howard for the long-term.

No deal was imminent, but several league sources said talks were entering a crucial time, and the Nets were trying to get the proposal’s complex framework completed in the near future. Magic GM Otis Smith has been working with King on the possible deal. The Los Angeles Times reported the Magic also are involved in trade discussions with the Los Angeles Lakers.

New Jersey and Orlando are working toward a core deal that would send center Brook Lopez and another significant player obtained elsewhere to the Magic for Howard and Hedo Turkoglu, sources said.

[ Related: NBA free agency and transaction tracker ]

The Magic are listening, but there is still real doubt about their willingness to completely give up hope on convincing Howard to re-sign with them after he opts out of his contract in July. Howard has been willing to sign extensions with the Los Angeles Lakers and Dallas Mavericks, but the Nets’ future in Brooklyn has been most intriguing to him.

Howard has been sold on the idea of pairing with Deron Williams in a new Brooklyn arena beginning in 2012-13, and informed Magic officials he wants a trade to New Jersey. Howard hasn’t rescinded his trade request to the Nets, but as one source close to him says: “He runs hot and cold. …He just doesn’t always know what he wants.

Again, the point being this team as constructed isn't going to win the title, why not if there's an opportunity to get another top 5 player in the league on your team do you not do whatever it takes? Doesn't make sense to me, start with Kobe and Dwight then supplement around them ala Shaq and Kobe from Laker years past.

^I do agree with you though, get the stars first and worry about the role players later.

If we still had Odom, I would be for a Bynum/Pau for D12 trade. Cause at least we wouldn't have a hole at PF. IF we still had Odom & did that deal:

Fish/Blake
Kobe/Barnes
Artest/Kapono
Odom/McRoberts/Caracter
Dwight

Then we add someone with the TPE worth 8.9 mil to fill another need(probably at PG).

BUUUUT,

We traded Odom so... LOL.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

lol gerald green .

shannon brwon is loling right now

anybody> shannon brown.
only thing shannon brown is laughing at is his funny looking face

Originally Posted by LA KB24

we should have went after Billups

im really getting worried that we wont get anyone
frown.gif
We couldn't. You had to be under the cap in order to make a bid on players who were amnesited.

Back
Top Bottom