*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

I did not like what I saw out there. Gasol is still trash and chokes when the game is on the line.  I see that he still has those transparent arms where players can shoot THROUGH THEM.
6-14? and he even tries 2 3 pointers?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Kobe lost his mind in the end. No excuses for that.

LAKERS NEED A POINT GUARD. It would prevent Kobe from forcing it too  much which would lead to less turnovers.

If remember correctly. the lakers played the bulls this close last year as well. I don't see the Lakers being any better than last year even with Bynum. Still bad missing free throws, turning the ball over too much, GETTING SLAUGHTERED BY THE OPPONENT FROM 3 POINT LAND.

Gasol though
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

After last season's finale there will be a lot more pessimism out of me than optimism. Some of ya'll had this same ho hum mentality about crushing losses LA took last year and had the 
ohwell.gif
embarassed.gif
face come May. #%#@ that

When are these boys going to start fouling with purpose? All these And1s given up and those missed FTs down the stretch were pitiful. Damn Bynum can't come back soon enough.

Originally Posted by knightngale

How does Rose go 9-13 though? Dude is a low 40s career shooter

Fisher and Blake need to retire
tired.gif

cause he can shoot now, step off

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Oh well fellas, plenty of good to take out of this game.

Our defense looked good. McRoberts and Murphy, Blake, E-Banks all played well.

Kobe looked great out there, 28 points and he wasn't really forcing anything except that last shot.

Two games in the next two nights, easy redemption if they want it.
8 turnovers disagree with you.

This! Kobe basically cost us the game. Despite all the missed free throws he just makes smarter decisions and we win going away. The gift and the curse that is Kobe Bryant, he'll make some spectacular plays but you have to take the bone headed decisions as well. Oh well gotta bounce back tomorrow.

Pmatic, 8 turnovers is terrible, but it happens some times.

With his wrist injury he's going to probably average 5 per game. Something we just have to accept. If you motive when he trys to cross over he doesn't have much motion with his right wrist.

If anyone's watching ABC still in LA, I agree with Lisa Leslie, Pau has to have a 20 and 10 night on a game like this. Especially about Drew.

From the way everyone's been talking about our team, this game should of been a blow out in the Bulls favor.

If Lakers can play like this consistently we are going to be dangerous. Most of these turn overs, free throw misses etc. will noticeable decrease within 10 or so games.

My 2nd favorite team, lost to my favorite team.

I think the Lakers should be encouraged by this game, or the Bulls discouraged. We were at full strength and barely got by while showing the same problems as last year.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Pmatic, 8 turnovers is terrible, but it happens some times.

With his wrist injury he's going to probably average 5 per game. Something we just have to accept. If you motive when he trys to cross over he doesn't have much motion with his right wrist.

If anyone's watching ABC still in LA, I agree with Lisa Leslie, Pau has to have a 20 and 10 night on a game like this. Especially about Drew.

From the way everyone's been talking about our team, this game should of been a blow out in the Bulls favor.

If Lakers can play like this consistently we are going to be dangerous. Most of these turn overs, free throw misses etc. will noticeable decrease within 10 or so games.
the 8 turnovers is also due to him being the only dude that can drive and dish

no point guards FTL

Pau Gasol should become Bynum's backup C if things continue like this

Tough loss. Went out of the house for a while in the third... only got back after the game smh

FTs and turnovers killed our game tonight. Liking our defense now, but we're still letting guys shoot lights-out from 3pt range. Good to see McRoberts and Murphy playing well. Good pick ups for us. Man, we need a legit PG ASAP.

Those last decisions were just dumb plays nothing to do with the wrist, Kobe often over dribbles even when healthy. Just tried to make the hero play and this time it didn't work.

If Kobe has his average of 2.5 TO's, we win this game by a mile. This was as fluid and efficient he has played aside the TO's. I didn't like him playing PG/SG so much it cost in the end.

Indiana boy McRoberts is a welcome addition. Murphy too. They should get Gasofts minutes when Bynum gets back.

Why couldn't we give away Artest instead of Odom?

Lots to be positive about but the PG spot is hurting bad.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Those last decisions were just dumb plays nothing to do with the wrist, Kobe often over dribbles even when healthy. Just tried to make the hero play and this time it didn't work.
Yeah that's the only thing I don't like about him.

I understand the Lakers' lack of playmakers but Kobe's got to be more mindful of his limitations.

And the force feeding of MWP in the post is already irritating me. More ball movement please.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I really think yall should start Gasol at the 5 the next 3 games. Not like any 5 yall playing will overpower him
Uh, he was at the 5 today...

TOs killed us, plain and simple.

McRoberts came to play, i like what this kid can bring to the table for us. Let us just hope it was not a one time thing.

Blake... man some of those shots.. wide open.. KNOCK THEM DOWN!

over all, B- execution.

LAKERNATION.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

NobleKane:
tupac003:
BTW how did the NT Lakers fam do with these...

I was able to get 3 pairs....
good @%@!. to be honest i have two near deadstock pairs from the first retro and in my mind paying 180 plus tax for something i already have and paid 125 each out the door the first time around for, was not what was up.
If you have the 2001 retros and hhey're in any kind of decent condition, then there is no reasonable reason for you to have the ones that came out today, because the quality of the newest ones is nowhere near the DMPs or the 2001 retros (or whatever year it was). Not going to lie, if I had the cash, I wouldn't have minded grabbing me a pair today, but there's no denying that the quality is completely subpar compared to all previous concord/DMP releases.

I feel you guys. In 2001 I was deployed when they dropped so I couldn't get my hands on a pair and that was when people actually wore shoes and my size 15 was impossible to find DS or NDS. I was glad I got a pair for me and my daughter and we will rock them to the game on NYE. 
Merry Christmas to all of the Lakers fam here on NT. Wish we could have gotten a win but hey yall know how bad we do on Christmas! 
laugh.gif

no matter whos on the floor its always turnovers.... smh

wat a choke job. christmas curse continues

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

I was ery surprised the the drive, I was awaiting the pull up.

But then again... we all do say "I wish Kobe would drive more.."
Exactly what I was thinking...he relied on the pull up as his legs got older. He's moving faster but still isnt skying like he used to where he could drive up and over bigger front court players (like young Kobe going over Duncan & Robinson). 
Sucks to lose on Christmas (again), give up a lead & lose a game they had won and having Kobe's layup rejected/swatted/denied. 

This loss isn't discouraging considering the new team we have right now. I'm confident considering Bynum isn't here yet

Back
Top Bottom