09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Athletic Director Tom Osborne told The World-Herald on Saturday night that Nebraska hasn't had "any positive response" yet to a two-for-one football scheduling proposal with Boise State.

The Broncos initially wanted to play in 2011, but NU was not interested because of games already set for that season.

The current offer, which Osborne said was made about a month ago, would call for two games in Lincoln and one in Boise. During an interview Friday on Idaho Sports Talk, Osborne said the series would start in 2015.

C'mon, Boise...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Don't these dudes always complain they can't get anybody to play them?
nah bro, quote/unquote, they have an open contract available to anyone without a home at home clause
alien.gif

Nowitness, give me feedback on Corey Nelson visiting UTk from the big XII perspective... they are saying Corey and family are loving the visit

and Loften is about ready to sign on

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

mike, is ucla taking a qb for this years class? and what qbs are we looking at?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

smh.gif
decommitting this late

who knows

we started the summer with not wanting to take a QB this class. Brett Nottingham put on a show at the UCLA camp and RN wanted to offer him so we did. he had been saying since day 1 he is all UCLA

I thought RN had Kevin Prince pegged to start with comp from Richard Brehaut.

Any word on where the guys who bolted will land (Filo, Hasiak and Knox)?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

mike, is ucla taking a qb for this years class? and what qbs are we looking at?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

smh.gif
decommitting this late

who knows

we started the summer with not wanting to take a QB this class. Brett Nottingham put on a show at the UCLA camp and RN wanted to offer him so we did. he had been saying since day 1 he is all UCLA

I thought RN had Kevin Prince pegged to start with comp from Richard Brehaut.

Any word on where the guys who bolted will land (Filo, Hasiak and Knox)?

that is the plan to have prince and brehaut battle for the starting job. but are all QB's are SO so if someone leaves it will be a problem depth wise

hasiak is off the team but still at UCLA taken class's. he burned ALOT of briges on the team with his attuide and he is on his 3rd chance. not everyone onthe coaching staff wants him back

filo starts his mission next month in florida

no offical news on knox but dude needs to leave UCLA if he wants PT

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

that is the plan to have prince and brehaut battle for the starting job. but are all QB's are SO so if someone leaves it will be a problem depth wise

hasiak is off the team but still at UCLA taken class's. he burned ALOT of briges on the team with his attuide and he is on his 3rd chance. not everyone on the coaching staff wants him back

filo starts his mission next month in florida

no offical news on knox but dude needs to leave UCLA if he wants PT
I heard that about Hasiak, major talent yet major headache. Did they pull his scholly?

Not suprised Knox is leaving, those Birmingham boys have major ego's.
smh.gif

Coach dooley added Texas tech special teams coach...

the more ties to Texas HS football the better... LEGGGOOOOO

and who takes a mission in Florida? huh?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Don't these dudes always complain they can't get anybody to play them?
nah bro, quote/unquote, they have an open contract available to anyone without a home at home clause
alien.gif

Nowitness, give me feedback on Corey Nelson visiting UTk from the big XII perspective... they are saying Corey and family are loving the visit

and Loften is about ready to sign on
I haven't heard anything about him going up there this weekend... Everything I heard before was he just wanted to us up all his free tripsbecause his family ain't exactly well off and he's never had an opportunity to really get on a plane and go somewhere... Just wanted to see differentparts of the country... It makes sense. He talked about going to UCLA, Stanford and North Carolina, he's gone to Knoxville and Minnesota... He's prettymuch talked about coast to coast...
laugh.gif

His family has been 100% Texas A&M from waaaay back before he committed... Corey has been too up until a couple weeks ago... His coaches at Skyline areHUGE Texas dudes, and they're not really quiet about their desire to push kids there...

Really, I still lean towards believing this is a free trip and he'll eventually be at Texas A&M or Texas... Would think UTk was a more serious optionif Lane was still there because you know kids go up there and fall in love with Monte and what he can sell them on... But I'll dig around and see what Ican find as more stuff comes out about his visit...

Loften can BALL... But he's as much a grade risk as Dixon was, maybe more... Didn't Dixon already jump back to BU?
laugh.gif

yep, but supposedly because we kept Willie Mack on staff Dixon is still in play

also about Nelson, He brought his whole family with him to knoxville...

Who was recruiting Nelson at UTk? Gone or still there?

And Eric Russell is the GOODS.. Wasn't he at LaTech with Dooley?

Originally Posted by IYE2

Originally Posted by dreClark

Michigan gets a commit from Warren Harding DE Davion Rogers. 6-6 205lbs
sick.gif

That boy is at least 2-3 years away from making a real contribution

Also gets a commit from 2011 CB Delonte Hollowell

5'8" 164 lbs runs anywhere from a 4.66 - 4.73
sick.gif

laugh.gif
...Davion will take a RS no doubt to bulk up. He issomewhat of a project at the next level but is extremely athletic and long *pause*. He played for one of the better programs (Warren Harding) in the state ofOH in Division 1 (highest division). Plus we straight stole him from WVU (he's been a Mountaineer for a minute now).
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

And Hollowell is a pretty solid prospect. No need for a "
sick.gif
" onhim. He has a pretty decent shot at ending up as a 4* corner and is a top 5-7 player in the state of MI in his class. He also made the Army All AmericanCombine Team. He plays physical as hell for his size. Like Newbs said, we need to keep that pipeline going at Detroit Cass Tech. They have 3 solid playersincluding 1 STUD for the 2012 class...

Also, it looks like 6'3" 225# LB Jake Ryan (Cleveland St. Ignatius) is gonna commit in the next few days. He was Div. 1 first team All State OH thisyear and didn't even start as a junior (he has gotten a lot bigger and Ignatius was THAT GOOD in '08). He is a MAJOR sleeper (all he has is all MACoffers at this point). Newbs, this kid honestly isn't even that far off from Scott McVey. Hewill be a SOLID get.

Last but definitely not least...
3171.jpg

Get to work son!
pimp.gif

Who was recruiting Nelson at UTk? Gone or still there?

And Eric Russell is the GOODS.. Wasn't he at LaTech with Dooley?

Lance Thompson. still here and more than likely will be DC.

Takin trips around on visits is one thing, but spendin money to bring the fam is another...

TORRIAN WILSON TO LOUISVILLE

CHARLIE STRONG IS AN ANIMAL
pimp.gif

Michael Taylor is now officially a Gator!

The recruiting avalanche continues for the University of Florida as they have landed the 25th player for the class of 2010. Peach State superstar Michael Taylor from Atlanta (GA) Westlake High School has decided to become a Florida Gator. The 6-0 and 210-pound linebacker with 4.5 speed talked about the day he decided to become a Gator.

"On that Sunday when I was in Gainesville I met with the coaches," Michael Taylor said. "They offered me and my mom broke down in tears and that was the first time I saw her cry. They told me it was a big moment in my life, so I stood up and did the Gator chomp. Coach Meyer gave me a hug and asked me if that meant I was a Gator and I told him, 'yes sir.' They all welcomed me into the Gator family and gave me a big hug and talked about being at a crossroads in my life and I seized the moment."

Taylor ended his senior season with 144 tackles (22 of those tackles for a loss), 7.5 sacks, one safety, and 11 forced fumbles. He has a 275-pound bench and 350-pound squat. Taylor and his mom had a great feeling when they visited Gainesville.

"The people there are real people and people I will enjoy being around. How can you not fall in love with the university, and even if everybody left, I would still love to attend Florida. I love this place and I'm going to be very successful claiming collar bones here in this stadium in front of these fans. The weight room and facilities is the best I have ever seen plain and simple. I have been to at least 30 schools including Alabama, LSU and Georgia."

Taylor was a wanted man and holds offers from some of the nation's top programs, including Georgia, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, LSU, Florida State and Alabama to name a few. Taylor currently has a 3.5 grade point average and scored 1350 on the SAT.

The Gators have two new linebacker coaches, and Taylor is familiar with both George Edwards and D.J. Durkin.

"They are great guys who I have a history with. Coach D.J. Durkin recruited me at Stanford and is how I was introduced to Florida. Coach Edwards knows our assistant AD from years back and the main thing is that they will give me fair shot and that's all I want."

Taylor plays the linebacker position the way it's supposed to be played. He brings speed, hard hitting and a nasty streak you love from your linebackers.

"I am a fast playing hard-nosed physical guy who always finds the football. A motivated player that will not quit and won't give up until the final buzzer goes off. Natural born leader with a knowledge for the game. Football is what I was born to do. My strengths as a person are I'm strong willed and caring. I have that on and off the field switch that you need to be a successful college football player. As a football player I love to hit and always find the ball when I get to it you're going to hear a pop."

Taylor is the 11th player selected to play in the Under Armour game a few weeks ago and like Dominique Easley and Chris Dunkley has bonded with the other Gators.

"I met all the Florida commits and me and Cody Riggs had fun knocking receivers when I was at outside and had fun with Mack Brown in the game hitting him. Dorsey is a fool and I had a good time goofing around with Solomon Patton and Easley. Joshua Shaw and I have the same mentality and demeanor and I bonded with him the best on my visit."

Taylor loved everything about Florida. The coaches, players, stadium, facilities and the school. When Taylor and his mother received the news about the Florida offer he knew right then and there.

"When they offered me my mom started crying and I knew right then and there that was the place for me. She didn't even cry when I received my first offer."

Taylor talked about what it means to be part of the Gator Nation and what the Florida faithful can expect.

"It feels great I have never felt this way about a school and fans can expect me to control the middle and run a shut down defense."

Scout.com Take:
Taylor is a linebacker that plays at a high speed and a high level of intensity. He has a nose for the ball and he is constantly in on plays from sideline to sideline. He plays low, he has very good tackling form, and he delivers a lot of pop when making plays. He needs to work on not letting OLs get their hands on him and dropping back into coverage. Middle LB is the ideal spot for him. - Chad Simmons Southeast Recruiting Manager.

Cannot wait for devin Gardner to get going ; Dude has scouts raving about his potential. One scout i heard compares him to a faster version of Tyrod Taylorwith more breakout ability
pimp.gif
Ohh yeahh, Ann Arbor will be rocking with firepower in about 2 years

and who takes a mission in Florida? huh?
laugh.gif
he doesnt get to pick where he goes, they send him anywhere in the world
Yeah Gunna, missionaries don't get to choose where they go. Every place has its pros and cons however. And it's not like he's gonna besurfing or something. It's 24/7, 365 for two years. Email home once a week, call home twice a year, and you're constantly doing missionary duties.It's hard work. Very fulfilling and satisfying work, but hard, and anybody who says otherwise has no idea what they're talking about. Trust me,I've been on one.

As for me, I served in what's called the Ohio Columbus Mission (All of Columbus and Dayton areas).

pimp.gif

sigh...yes he is. not sure if it was posted, i just saw it today...but he got a commitment form qb Marcus Smith outta Georgia, who was probablyheaded to Florida. not sure how good he is, but still...

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

pimp.gif
sigh...yes he is. not sure if it was posted, i just saw it today...but he got a commitment form qb Marcus Smith outta Georgia, who was probably headed to Florida. not sure how good he is, but still...

He was probably going to UF because of Strong....

Charlie strong hopefully can change that program around back to the days of Petrino
pimp.gif

Dude can recruit like no other IMO

ESPNU 150 outside linebacker Michael Taylor (Atlanta/Westlake) has committed to Florida, ESPN's Billy Tucker reports.

Taylor, who decommitted from Tennessee following the coaching change, was also recruited by Miami-FL, LSU, Georgia, Stanford, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame,Alabama, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, N.C. State and Virginia Tech among several others.

"When I got the offer last week my mom cried and I knew it was the school for. I fell in love with Florida the university on my visit, not just thecoaches. I feel Florida will take me where I want to go with my life," he said.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Cannot wait for devin Gardner to get going ; Dude has scouts raving about his potential. One scout i heard compares him to a faster version of Tyrod Taylor with more breakout ability
pimp.gif
Ohh yeahh, Ann Arbor will be rocking with firepower in about 2 years

Tyrod Taylor
grin.gif
? Is that a good thing? I would say Gardner is more comparable to Vince Young or Terrell Pryor. Gardner is prolly the better passer of thetwo but may not be the runner Young/Pryor are, not that he can't be dangerous w/ his legs.

How is Torrian's knee? I read UofM backed off of him after he injured it.

i thought Miami Northwestern was the U pipe line? UL got 3 players from there like its there pipeline

Back
Top Bottom