09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

They didnt need to sick the 'A team' Vol squad on those dudes.
is that a subliminal way of saying that Jones/other guy are gonna be Vols?

and i cant even read the 1st guys name.

also any more word on Elam? Dunkley?

Originally Posted by dreClark

^
roll.gif

http://www.youtube.com/v/g9SOQV_HVxc&hl=en&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/g9SOQV_HVxc&hl=en&fs=1&
If they decide to actually play some Defense this weekend, I quit.

we all thought Dan Hawkins was a top 10 coach in America too, til he stopped getting 7 automatic Ws a yr.
Chris Petersen was the brain behind the Dan Hawkins "Era" at BSU

Petersen gets calls every offseason from the big schools that need a coach

Darrell Scott announced he is transfering out of CU ...

will he follow his uncle to UCLA?

looks that way
"I'd been thinking about it for a couple of months," Scott told The Denver Post today in a telephone interview.

Scott said he hoped to get a release from CU to UCLA, so he could join his uncle, former Buffs wideout Josh Smith, with the Bruins. Smith, a wide receiver, transferred to UCLA during the summer and is sitting out this season under NCAA transfer rules.

"That's the plan," Scott said about joining Smith.

Can we get a discussion about the 2nd tier of the BCS going

1. TCU
2. BSU
3. OREGON
4. CINCINNATI
5. IOWA

I only put TCU ahead of BSU because they beat them last year in the Poinsetta Bowl, although it was a very close game I think they are a little bit better thisyear. Although their "big wins" dont look that impressive to me. BYU is not good at all, their win over Oklahoma was a fluke in my opinion.

The Boise win over Oregon looks better and better each week as Oregon rolls people

Cincinnati has a good offense but they just have not impressed me that much this year

Iowa is an absolute fluke to me - Ohio State should ROLL them

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

The Boise win over Oregon looks better and better each week as Oregon rolls people

Um... actually, it's the opposite. We win this week and we pass BSU in the computer rankings, and there's already grumblings of human voters puttingOregon above BSU since it's been 2 months since that loss.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Iowa
Cincinnati
TCU
Oregon
Boise State

Whether you like it or not, Iowa and Cincinnati will get bonus points in the end for playing in BCS conferences if they go undefeated... Boise's onlydecent win was over two months ago, they've essentially been outta sight, outta mind since then... The rest of their OOC was two crappy MAC teams and aI-AA team... They've played maybe two teams aside from Oregon that'll play in bowl games...

Oregon and TCU will be interesting coming down the stretch if both win out...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Iowa
Cincinnati
TCU
Oregon
Boise State

Whether you like it or not, Iowa and Cincinnati will get bonus points in the end for playing in BCS conferences if they go undefeated... Boise's only decent win was over two months ago, they've essentially been outta sight, outta mind since then... The rest of their OOC was two crappy MAC teams and a I-AA team... They've played maybe two teams aside from Oregon that'll play in bowl games...

You can't justify putting Oregon ahead of Boise if both win out. Head to head Boise is a better team (2 years in a row might I add)

Boise's "schedule" maybe this will shine some light on why we have to play the MAC
http://voices.idahostates...ets_two_firstplace_votes

And the only reason they played UC Davis is because Oregon St. backed out over the summer. I dont think the state of oregon would have liked both their teamsgetting stomped out by a little ole WAC team
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Iowa
Cincinnati
TCU
Oregon
Boise State

Whether you like it or not, Iowa and Cincinnati will get bonus points in the end for playing in BCS conferences if they go undefeated... Boise's only decent win was over two months ago, they've essentially been outta sight, outta mind since then... The rest of their OOC was two crappy MAC teams and a I-AA team... They've played maybe two teams aside from Oregon that'll play in bowl games...

You can't justify putting Oregon ahead of Boise if both win out. Head to head Boise is a better team (2 years in a row might I add)

Boise's "schedule" maybe this will shine some light on why we have to play the MAC
http://voices.idahostates...ets_two_firstplace_votes

And the only reason they played UC Davis is because Oregon St. backed out over the summer. I dont think the state of oregon would have liked both their teams getting stomped out by a little ole WAC team
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
We've established head to head means nothing because teams change over the course of 15 weeks, so serious question: In your honest opinion,right now, is Boise St. playing like a better team than Oregon or any of those ranked ahead of them.

This isn't necessarily the "neutral field argument" that myself and every other USC fan makes every January, I'm simply asking from allyou've seen to this point, right now is Boise St. really playin better than any of those teams?

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Um... actually, it's the opposite. We win this week and we pass BSU in the computer rankings, and there's already grumblings of human voters putting Oregon above BSU since it's been 2 months since that loss.

Sorry to burst your bubble.
The body of work argument is compelling. Oregon easily is playing a more difficult schedule and excelling in it.

If Oregon continues to play like it has, rolling people over, doing it on national tv (at least one game on FSN and ESPN, and the ASU/Zona games are going tobe picked up soon), they will impress voters and the computers are going to like the wins over what could be 5 ranked tames (Utah, Cal, USC, Zona, Ore. St.).

Of course this will all be moot if Texas and Florida/Alabama take care of business because they'll be playing in the NC. Oregon will most likely play inthe Rose Bowl, Boise in the Fiesta.

What I love is that Oregon doesn't have hardly any starting seniors on this year's team. Ed Dickson is Oregon's only offensive senior. On defense(excluding Thurmond/Glasper due to injuries) we only lose TJ Ward, Tukuafu, and Talmadge Jackson.
That's 4 starters as of today that we'll lose. Meaning 18 of 22 starters come back next year. That's one hell of a team to bring back. If Oregonwins out they have to be considered a potential preseason #1 and easily top three team.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Boise has done NOTHING of note since beating Oregon... Fair or not, it's just the way it is... They've played absolutely nobody since they beatOregon... Meanwhile Oregon has stormed back from that loss and beat a Top 15 Utah team, beat the brains out of then #6 Cal, and #5 USC... And they've stillgot four more games with possible bowl teams coming up on the schedule, including #18 Arizona...

They've prove since that Boise game that they aren't the team that showed up on that ugly blue turf, and they've got a chance to hammer home thatpoint even more down the stretch...

Boise has done NOTHING of note since beating Oregon
That's all that needed to be said. Boise has the money to schedule better opponents but they are taking the easy route of just playing withinthe WACk to get to a BCS game by overpowering everyone. Put up 500k and go to a USC, Cal or Big 12 country then they'd be taken serious.

I don't doubt that USC, Texas, Ohio State might not want to schedule them... But you're telling me UCLA, BYU, Kansas, Texas Tech, Mississippi State orsome of these lower-level BCS schools or even upper-tier mid-majors want nothing to do with them? There's 50+ BCS programs, and I don't even care ifyou're playing BCS nobodies, at least show you're making an effort...

"Oh, we can't get the big guys, so we'll go with Bowling Green and UC Davis"
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I just hope Texas, Iowa and Cinci lose sometime this year, and Oregon leaps into 2nd by the end of the season. I really want to see UO make it to thechampionship game, because lets be honest, Oregon doesnt have a chance like this once USC regroups and runs the Pac10 again.

Texas, Florida, Bama... they'll all be back in the mix next season. BSU doesnt deserve it. TCU I dont know. I havent been watching them, I just know theyneed to lose too. Iowa does seem like a fluke, they won more than a couple games that they shouldn't have. Cinci is the only team I have good things to sayabout.

Originally Posted by 18key

I just hope Texas, Iowa and Cinci lose sometime this year, and Oregon leaps into 2nd by the end of the season. I really want to see UO make it to the championship game, because lets be honest, Oregon doesnt have a chance like this once USC regroups and runs the Pac10 again.

Texas, Florida, Bama... they'll all be back in the mix next season. BSU doesnt deserve it. TCU I dont know. I havent been watching them, I just know they need to lose too. Iowa does seem like a fluke, they won more than a couple games that they shouldn't have. Cinci is the only team I have good things to say about.
[table][tr][td]11/13[/td] [td]West Virginia[/td] [td] [/td] [td]8:00 PM[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12/05[/td] [td]@ No. 13 Pittsburgh[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [/tr][/table]
These are the only teams that put up a challenge in their last four games. I think Pitt does what they did to W.Va two years ago to them in the last game ofthe year.

Originally Posted by 18key

I just hope Texas, Iowa and Cinci lose sometime this year, and Oregon leaps into 2nd by the end of the season. I really want to see UO make it to the championship game, because lets be honest, Oregon doesnt have a chance like this once USC regroups and runs the Pac10 again.

Texas, Florida, Bama... they'll all be back in the mix next season. BSU doesnt deserve it. TCU I dont know. I havent been watching them, I just know they need to lose too. Iowa does seem like a fluke, they won more than a couple games that they shouldn't have. Cinci is the only team I have good things to say about.
Yea I think it would be cool to see Oregon sneak in there. They should have gone when Dennis Dixon was there if he hadn't had that nastyinjury
sick.gif
If Texas can't make it, I would love to see Oregon vs Bama for the MNC.

BTW I'm calling it now we are going to lose @ ECU tomorrow night. We aren't as good as I thought we'd be in our front 7; our starting LB just losthis job and our interior tackles are injured and undersized. Also I'm hearing the team has just not been into it ever since the GT loss. I foresee a2003-esque collapse this year. So for whoever called that and I said what the hell does 2003 have to do with this year, I apologize, you were right
laugh.gif

Sure I can, and I already have.

Once again, sorry to burst your bubble but they WILL pass Boise State IF (and that's a big IF) they win out. Teams change over the course of a season -deal with it. Boise State beat a LOWER RANKED #14 Oregon team that has beaten two (at the time) top 6 teams in the country.

Back
Top Bottom