09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Darius Winston not getting redshirted
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

BC you heard about the defense lining up in a 3-4? I know what they run is basically a variant of it...but

Originally Posted by IYE2

BC you heard about the defense lining up in a 3-4? I know what they run is basically a variant of it...but
Yeah...don't know a lot about it. I know with the wealth of LBs they have it's a way to get more talent on the field. I have been hearingthat all spring and preseason Gibson has played standing up. He's pretty much unblockable right now...not sure what that says about the OL.

Buckeyes got their first 2011 verbal today...Kenny Hayes...bigtime DE from Toledo.

They HAD to be running a 3-4 in the Spring game( tackle played over the center), allowing Gibson to roam quite a bit more. The personnel definitely fits the3-4 , with Rob Rose and Worthington at the tackle spots, freeign up Gibson and Heyward at the ends.

Heacock had to do something this offseason because they were getting torched near the end of the season.

They HAD to be running a 3-4 in the Spring game( tackle played over the center), allowing Gibson to roam quite a bit more. The personnel definitely fits the 3-4 , with Rob Rose and Worthington at the tackle spots, freeign up Gibson and Heyward at the ends.

Heacock had to do something this offseason because they were getting torched near the end of the season.
I'll agree with you that their personnel fits the 3-4...but I can't jump on board that they were getting torched at the end of the season.

They gave up 24 points to Texas and 20 points to Illinois. I can live with that considering those offenses. Defense is rarely the problem at Ohio State. Thedefense will be lights out again this season.

Finally the week of College Football...!!!! Just found out its official the Buckeye Watch Parties are still a go, so saturday will be watchin the Buckeyes beatNavy with 20-30 other Buckeye fans in Sooner Country.! ha...

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

They HAD to be running a 3-4 in the Spring game( tackle played over the center), allowing Gibson to roam quite a bit more. The personnel definitely fits the 3-4 , with Rob Rose and Worthington at the tackle spots, freeign up Gibson and Heyward at the ends.

I'll agree with you that their personnel fits the 3-4...but I can't jump on board that they were getting torched at the end of the season.

They gave up 24 points to Texas and 20 points to Illinois. I can live with that considering those offenses. Defense is rarely the problem at Ohio State. The defense will be lights out again this season.
I mean I can agree to an extent. Those offenses caused a lot of mismatches all over the field for OSU( Texas and Illinois both) and they justlooked overmatched outside of the DBs. Teams that spread the ball out consistently(especially with a dual threat QB) have given us problems for a couple ofyears.
smh.gif

Michael Dyer soft verbal to Auburn.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Michael Dyer soft verbal to Auburn.
mad.gif
I thought Dyer and Seastrunk were silents to Auburn for the longest?

Nah, he said that Auburn was a major player if his best dude Dakota Mosely could get an offer as well, but that he was going to wait till right before theseason to announce. Officially he made Auburn the clear cut leader (Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Ole Miss), leaving me to believeMosley is next.

Personally I don't think it's over till midway through the season.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Dyer and Seastrunk are and have been Auburn Tigers.
its been a wrap since like 6 months ago.
It's not a wrap yet fam, trust.
nerd.gif

I know that he does love Coach Malzahn and his system

anyone else get ESPN gameplan... I have not got it the past 2 years since most of the games I wanted to watch was on National TV... with the SEC doing the dealwith ESPN, and the Big 10 network, is the ESPN gameplan even worth getting anymore.?

Originally Posted by dreClark

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

He's alive!

laugh.gif
Missed you.
wink.gif

I didn't know if I should post in here or the ACC thread...I was a little hesistant with that one after what happened last year.
sick.gif

How are the Noles looking though? I'm going with 6-6 for us, I'm excited about the D though ($#%*, I need to pause that too).

nerd.gif

theres only one school who has a slim chance with Seastrunk and thats LSU, everyone else is out the mix and LSU is barely on.
and thats from my guy.

**edit
I know its a recession but early bird special for ESPN gameplan is $114 for the entire season. cant beat that price IMO

nerd.gif

theres only one school who has a slim chance with Seastrunk and thats LSU, everyone else is out the mix and LSU is barely on.
and thats from my guy.

**edit
I know its a recession but gameplan is $114 on early bird special rite now. cant beat that price IMO

No doubt in my mind that Seastrunk is solid on Auburn, most down in Baton Rouge would agree.

As for Dyer, he's not a done deal to Auburn via an extremely close source. I had to actually double check becauseson JUST took a visit to Ole Miss
laugh.gif

His pops wants him to be a Razorback and I don't really see how he could with the depth that we already have, but if he's guranteed PT early.
smokin.gif

Gunna -

I'm gonna need a new avy. If I find a clip, would you be able to make one for me? And if you can, how long can it be?

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by Statis22

Okie St can score with any team

It's gonna be stopping teams that's gonna be the issue

Sounds like every Big 12 team.

Funny thing about that the Big 12 used to be a strong defensive conference I guess the evolution of the spread offense put a bigger emphasis on the other sideof the ball Either or lol

Back
Top Bottom