09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Watching these good defenses has me wondering how long it will be until Michigan can produce something like that. I guess we have to have defensive talent todo that. Hopefully RR sees that and goes after it this recruiting season.

Originally Posted by thacamel

I am a die hard Alabama fan, and anyone who says Julio Jones is better than AJ Green....................is absolutely %!$%%$+ nuts. Julio Jones has the "potential" to be better, but I have seen nothing that suggests he will be, or even close. AJ Green is a beast
I was seriously debating this as well.. AJ Green is just No comment... out of these receivers how would u rank em?
Michael Floyd, Dez Bryant, Mardy Gilyard, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Arrelious Benn, Brandon Lafell.. Am I missing anyone??

im going to shoot my tv
laugh.gif

Looks like Glenn Winston cannot keep his hands to himself. He apparently punched a Wisconsin player. I wonder if this violates his probation?

I am a die hard Alabama fan, and anyone who says Julio Jones is better than AJ Green....................is absolutely %!$%%$+ nuts. Julio Jones has the "potential" to be better, but I have seen nothing that suggests he will be, or even close. AJ Green is a beast
Julio Jones doesn't even have the 'Potential' to be better.
Michael Floyd, Dez Bryant, Mardy Gilyard, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Arrelious Benn, Brandon Lafell.. Am I missing anyone??
Damian Williams, DeAndre Brown, Golden Tate

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=994005
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

yo dre... not gonna lie (coming from a mich fan..) that you shouldnt have ur record in the sig..it might get ugly

Meh. Oh well
laugh.gif

USA Today Coaches Top 25 (9/27)
1. Florida (58) (4-0)
2. Texas (1) (4-0)
3. Alabama (4-0)
4. LSU (4-0)
5. Boise State (4-0)
6. Virginia Tech (3-1)
7. USC (3-1)
8. Oklahoma (2-1)
9. Ohio State (3-1)
10. Texas Christian (3-0)
11. Cincinnati (4-0)
12. Oklahoma State (3-1)
13. Penn State (3-1)
14. Georgia (3-1)
15. Houston (3-0)
16. Kansas (4-0)
17. Iowa (4-0)
18. Mississippi (2-1)
19. California (3-1)
20. Michigan (4-0)
T21. Miami (2-1)
T21. Brigham Young (3-1)
23. Missouri (4-0)
24. Nebraska (3-1)
25. Oregon (3-1)

Others Receiving Votes
Georgia Tech, South Florida, Auburn, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Utah, UCLA, Notre Dame, Stanford, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Florida State, Arizona,Minnesota, Rutgers, Texas A&M

Dropped Out
North Carolina (#18), Florida State (#25)

Others Receiving Votes
Texas A&M

eek.gif
pimp.gif

And yet again, OK State is ranked ahead of Houston...why?

smh.gif
IF Pitt wins yesterday and we have 2 teams in the top 25 from the conference. We get no love. We're going to have to prove it on the field.

Originally Posted by tmay407

USA Today Coaches Top 25 (9/27)
1. Florida (58) (4-0)
2. Texas (1) (4-0)
3. Alabama (4-0)
4. LSU (4-0)
5. Boise State (4-0)
6. Virginia Tech (3-1)
7. USC (3-1)
8. Oklahoma (2-1)
9. Ohio State (3-1)
10. Texas Christian (3-0)
11. Cincinnati (4-0)
12. Oklahoma State (3-1)
13. Penn State (3-1)
14. Georgia (3-1)
15. Houston (3-0)
16. Kansas (4-0)
17. Iowa (4-0)
18. Mississippi (2-1)
19. California (3-1)
20. Michigan (4-0)
T21. Miami (2-1)
T21. Brigham Young (3-1)
23. Missouri (4-0)
24. Nebraska (3-1)
25. Oregon (3-1)

Others Receiving Votes
Georgia Tech, South Florida, Auburn, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Utah, UCLA, Notre Dame, Stanford, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Florida State, Arizona, Minnesota, Rutgers, Texas A&M

Dropped Out
North Carolina (#18), Florida State (#25)

I have so many issues with this poll...

Houston belongs ahead of OK State (beat them in their own house, still undefeated).

Iowa belongs ahead of PSU (DRILLS them in their own house, "white out game" @ night). PSU has beat nothing but patsies up to this point.

Oregon belongs ahead of Cal after that DRUBBING. The only team Oregon has lost to is the "#5 team in the country".
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Pitt lost to NC State yesterday. What are you talking about?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
That's what I said. I said IF they won, they would be in the top 25. Reading comprehension FTL.

Yeah, you JUST changed it to 'IF'
Dre "Can't Reid", I was making the assumption that if Pitt won they'd be in the top 25.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
They about to get woodshedded by Arkansas so enjoy it while it lasts...
pimp.gif
We'll see...

#1 offense vs. #91 defense
#62 defense vs. #19 offense

Agreed. Julio is nice but Green is on another level.

We'll see...

#1 offense vs. #91 defense
#62 defense vs. #19 offense
The Aggies have to get serious pressure on Mallett or they're in trouble...

He'll pick that defense apart if he's got time, but he's like Drew Bledsoe in the pocket so if they can make him move around and throw on the runthey might have a chance...

It should be a shootout for sure, but I just think Arkansas is too fast for the Ags...

Von Miller leads the nation in sacks, and he's played one less game than most of the players immediately behind him. He had three against an NFL caliber LTin Byron Bell from New Mexico.

We've been getting good pressure on the QBs in all three games so far. The only problem is that we've faced two athletic QBs who are known more forusing their legs than their arms, and have given us problems in tackling them. Mallett is probably easier to tackle than Joe Webb and Diondre Borel are.

Considering now UH got the city behind them now, it would be real disappointing if they lost a game. Even the MSU game in 2 weeks.

Punch Keenum's Heisman ticket

Von Miller leads the nation in sacks, and he's played one less game than most of the players immediately behind him. He had three against an NFL caliber LT in Byron Bell from New Mexico.

We've been getting good pressure on the QBs in all three games so far. The only problem is that we've faced two athletic QBs who are known more for using their legs than their arms, and have given us problems in tackling them. Mallett is probably easier to tackle than Joe Webb and Diondre Borel are.
But he also plays behind a better offensive line with significantly better players at the skill positions...

It may not even be as much about Mallett shredding them as it could be Michael Smith running all over them...

Either way, we'll see just where the Aggies are in their rebuilding process and what Mike Sherman is capable of in 6 days.

Back
Top Bottom