09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Originally Posted by dreClark

I presume Williams,Childs, Adams and White will start at W, X,Y, and Z ?

You heard anything on Darius Winston?

I'll be checking out some Arky games this year to see Wingo and Winston (If they get burn)
pimp.gif

Yeah its Williams,Childs/Crawford, Wright, and Adams ( he had a bad camp and still got the nod, just that talented)
laugh.gif

Looks like Darius Winston is getting the shirt
tired.gif
.. I have no clue as to why, it's what I'm hearing, but he was having a decent camp (got a lot to learn though)

Wingo is going to suprise quite a few people, completely trucked/shook a few cats in spring practice, had me like
sick.gif

Check the Georgia game, first upset (if you would consider it an upset)

run yo happy aaa back to general forum

Former big-time recruit, NFL prospect arrested
Charles Robinson

By Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports 1 hour, 40 minutes ago

Buzz up! 2 votes
Print

You can follow Charles Robinson on Twitter at @YahooSportsNFL.

The tale of nomadic football talent Willie Williams(notes) took another dramatic turn last week, when the former No. 1 prep recruit was arrested for burglarizing a home of nearly $18,000 in cash and valuables, according to a police report.

Williams was arrested on the evening of Aug. 27 and charged with burglary and reckless driving by the Gwinnett County (Ga.) Police department. The arrest came after an acquaintance of Williams, Karen Postma, reported that her family's Suwanee, home been robbed. Police subsequently identified Williams as a potential suspect.

According to an arrest report obtained by Yahoo! Sports, Williams was found with items from the home in both the trunk of his car and inside his Duluth hotel room. The penalty for burglary carries a sentence of 1-20 years on the first conviction, while reckless driving can carry a maximum sentence of one year. Both penalties vary based on prior criminal record.
More From Charles Robinson

* Haley, Pioli trying to reprogram Chiefs Aug 26, 2009
* Jackson not ready for extinction Aug 24, 2009

ADVERTISEMENT

The arrest is the latest twist for Williams, who was once a heavily recruited linebacker at Miami's Carol City High School. Once thought to be a lock to develop into an NFL-caliber player, Williams spent the past five years becoming more famous for his indiscretions than his football exploits. His missteps included 11 arrests in high school, a salacious diary for the Miami Herald bragging about the extravagant nature of college football recruiting, and stops at five colleges in five years. Just days before April's NFL draft, Williams spoke to Yahoo! Sports about those problems, suggesting his hard times were behind him.

"I don't look at my life with bitterness," Williams said in April. "I look at it with motivation. This is the bed I made and chose to lay in, so I'm going to have to sleep in it."

Now, that slumber will continue in the Gwinnett County Detention Center where Williams is being held without bond as he awaits trial. The latest problems arose as Williams was trying to catch on with the UFL, after failing to be selected in the NFL draft. Despite some cursory interest from the Green Bay Packers, Williams also failed to be signed as an undrafted free agent.

Apparently undeterred, Williams was working out with other UFL hopefuls at Competitive Edge Sports in Duluth as recently as this month. That is where Williams met Postma's nephew. According to the police report, Williams had previously been invited inside the Postma home by the nephew, and was allegedly on hand when the home's security system was deactivated with a code.

A source close to the investigation said both Williams and Postma's nephew worked out for UFL teams on Aug. 22. Members of the Postma family declined to comment when reached by Yahoo! Sports, but a source close to the investigation said the family was on hand for Williams' recent UFL workout, and had talked and encouraged Williams at the event. Two days later on Aug. 24, the Postma home was burglarized.

According to the police report, the family had departed the residence for the day, leaving the home's garage door open. The home could be entered through a garage door via a security code. The home showed no signs of forced entry, and beyond the items that were missing, the scene was largely undisturbed.

"The jewelry armoire was cleaned out completely," the source close to the investigation said. "[The burglar] took the drawers and dumped them in a bag. It was nice of [the burglar] to just leave the drawers on the bed. It was like one of the most cordial robberies I've ever heard of. It wasn't like someone tore up the cushions or anything like that. Maybe he had a shred of respect for [the family]. I don't know."

Police identified Williams at his hotel and according to the report, pursued him at a high rate of speed after he left the area in a car. Williams stopped at an area mobile home park, where officers arrested him and asked to search the trunk of the car. Williams consented to the search of the car, and some stolen items were found in the trunk. Police then executed a search warrant on Williams' hotel room and found other missing property. The report indicated that stolen items from the home included video gaming systems, one home computer, one laptop computer, four iPods, a cell phone, cash, jewelry and other assorted items.

The charges should be a significant blow - and perhaps the coup de grâce - to Williams' pursuit of a professional football career. Williams' tumultuous five-year college career took him to the University of Miami (two seasons, one redshirt before transferring), West Los Angeles Community College (one season), Louisville (three games, ending after an arrest for marijuana possession), Division II Glenville State (one semester, before being denied transfer by the NCAA to the West Virginia school), and finally, tiny NAIA school Union College (one season) in Barbourville, Ky.

In his lone season at Union College, Williams drew the attention of multiple NFL teams prior to the draft. And while he ultimately wasn't selected or signed as an undrafted player, two NFC personnel sources expressed optimism to Yahoo! Sports that Williams could salvage his image, and perhaps even an NFL career, by way of the UFL.

smh.gif

Stealin from his friends family. Ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

damn coach at West LA city college had dude in check but he went back to his old ways when he went to UL
Not a chance. that dude is a Goon, its not an act. he cant stop/wont stop

damn coach at West LA city college had dude in check but he went back to his old ways when he went to UL

I heard a story that Taurean punched a kid, threw him off a balcony and then threw a keg at him. Quite possibly the most ridiculous story ever.

The friends parents probably didn't give Willie lobster tails and he felt cheated.

[h2]Ninth Annual Herbie Awards[/h2]

Comment Email Print >http://a.espncdn.com/icons/share-i...icy: continuous;">Share </div><cite class= By Kirk Herbstreit
ESPN
Archive

With the season's kickoff just days away, it's time to step back and celebrate the players, coaches, color and pageantry of college football. Whoare the players to know? Where are the places to be? The ninth annual Herbie Awards presentation answers those questions and more.

This list tackles the top playmakers, the defensive difference-makers, the fresh faces on the scene, the student sections that roar and everything elsethat's great about college football. Herbies are given to the best college football players, coaches, teams and fans across the nation.

Also, this is just my list. These are my choices, and not everyone will agree. That's the beauty of it. Let the second-guessing begin.

So, without further ado, here are the ninth annual Herbie Awards:

[h4]BORN TO RUN: BEST RUNNING BACKS[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
ncf_i_best_288.jpg

Jahvid Best has his eyes on a Herbie Award.

(Photo by Daniel R. Harris/Icon SMI)

1. Jahvid Best, California
2. Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech
3. DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma
4. Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon State
5. C.J. Spiller, Clemson
6. Kendall Hunter, Oklahoma State
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]OFF AND RUNNING: READY TO TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
1. Toby Gerhart, Stanford
2. Dexter McCluster, Ole Miss
3. Damion Fletcher, Southern Miss
4. LeGarrette Blount, Oregon
5. Michael Smith, Arkansas
6. Nic Grigsby, Arizona

ncf_i_gerhart_288.jpg

Toby Gerhart will have Cardinal foes seeing red.

(Photo by Daniel R. Harris/Icon SMI)
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]CATCH A RISING STAR: TOP WIDE RECEIVERS[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
ncf_i_bryant_288.jpg

Defenses will handle Dez Bryant with care in 2009.

(Photo by Scott Wachter/Icon SMI)

1. Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
2. Julio Jones, Alabama
3. A.J. Green, Georgia
4. Damian Williams, USC
5. Arrelious Benn, Illinois
6. Jordan Shipley, Texas
7. Golden Tate, Notre Dame
8. Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]THE HOGMOLLIES: BEST IN THE TRENCHES[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
C - Kristofer O'Dowd, USC
G - Sergio Render, Virginia Tech
G - Rodney Hudson, Florida State
T - Ciron Black, LSU
T - Russell Okung, Oklahoma State

ncf_g_odowd_288.jpg

USC's Kristofer O'Dowd is the center of attention.

(Photo by Jeff Golden/Getty Images)
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]END GAME: TOP TIGHT ENDS[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
ncf_i_gresham_288.jpg

Catching Jermaine Gresham won't be easy in '09.

(Photo by Todd Kirkland/Icon SMI)

1. Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma
2. Aaron Hernandez, Florida
3. Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame
4. Rob Gronkowski, Arizona
5. Ed Dickson, Oregon
6. Dennis Pitta, BYU
7. .J. Williams, Arkansas
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]QUARTERBACKS: POCKET PRESENCE[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
1. Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
2. Jevan Snead, Ole Miss
3. Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame
4. Max Hall, BYU
5. Ryan Mallett, Arkansas
6. Colin Kaepernick, Nevada
7. Tim Hiller, Western Michigan

ncf_i_bradford_288.jpg

Will Sam Bradford make another Heisman connection?

[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]QUARTERBACKS: DUAL THREAT[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
ncf_i_tebow_288.jpg

Tim Tebow's focused on another title run.

1. Tim Tebow, Florida
2. Colt McCoy, Texas
3. Terrelle Pryor, Ohio State
4. Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State
5. Robert Griffin III, Baylor
6. Jake Locker, Washington
7. Todd Reesing, Kansas
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]ANTICIPATION: TOP FIRST-YEAR QB STARTERS[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
1. Greg McElroy, Alabama
2. Kyle Parker, Clemson
3. Matt Barkley, USC
4. Zac Lee, Nebraska
5. Jacory Harris, Miami
6. Jarrett Brown, West Virginia

ncf_i_mcelroy_288.jpg

Greg McElroy's ready for his turn with the Tide.

(Photo by Doug Benc/Getty Images)
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]OFF THE EDGE: BEST DEFENSIVE ENDS[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
ncf_g_dunlap_288.jpg

Carlos Dunlap will have his eyes on QBs this fall.

(Photo by Sam Greenwood/Getty Images)

1. Carlos Dunlap, Florida
2. Greg Hardy, Ole Miss
3. Jeremy Beal, Oklahoma
4. Sergio Kindle, Texas
5. Everson Griffen, USC
6. Rahim Alem, LSU
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]NOWHERE TO RUN: TOP DEFENSIVE TACKLES[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
1. Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma
2. Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska
3. Terrence Cody, Alabama
4. Jared Odrick, Penn State
5. Geno Atkins, Georgia

ncf_i_mccoy_288.jpg

Look for Gerald McCoy to be a destructive force.

(Photo by June Frantz-Hunt/Icon SMI)
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]INSIDE EDITION: TOP INSIDE LINEBACKERS[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
ncf_i_spikes_288.jpg

Brandon Spikes has the inside track for a Herbie.

(Photo by Tim Larson/Icon SMI)

1. Brandon Spikes, Florida
2. Rolando McClain, Alabama
3. Sean Lee, Penn State
4. Ryan Reynolds, Oklahoma
5. Reggie Carter, UCLA
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]OUTSIDE EDGE: BEST OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
1. Rennie Curran, Georgia
2. Navorro Bowman, Penn State
3. Travis Lewis, Oklahoma
4. Sean Weatherspoon, Missouri
5. Sean Spence, Miami
6. Eric Norwood, South Carolina

ncf_i_curran_288.jpg

Rennie Curran is the top dog at outside linebacker.

(Photo by Brad Schloss/Icon SMI)
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]CORNERING THE MARKET: TOP CORNERBACKS[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
ncf_g_haden_288.jpg

Joe Haden has things covered for the Gators.

(Photo by Sam Greenwood/Getty Images)

1. Joe Haden, Florida
2. Syd'Quan Thompson, California
3. Trevard Lindley, Kentucky
4. Myron Lewis, Vanderbilt
5. Alterraun Verner, UCLA
6. Patrick Peterson, LSU
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]SAFETY DANCE: NATION'S BEST SAFETIES[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
1a. Eric Berry, Tennessee
1b. Taylor Mays, USC
3. Morgan Burnett, Georgia Tech
4. Bo McNally, Stanford
5. Chad Jones, LSU

ncf_g_mays2berry_288.jpg

Taylor Mays and Eric Berry share a Herbie.

(Photo by Getty Images)
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]RETURN ENGAGEMENT: TOP RETURN MEN[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
ncf_g_james_288.jpg

The final returns have Brandon James on top.

(Photo by Marc Serota/Getty Images)

1. Brandon James, Florida
2. Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
3. Javier Arenas, Alabama
4. Syd'Quan Thompson, California
5. C.J. Spiller, Clemson
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]FRESH APPROACH: TOP TRUE FRESHMEN[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
1. Matt Barkley, USC
2. Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
3. Trent Richardson, Alabama
4. Tate Forcier, Michigan
5. Jelani Jenkins, Florida
6. Marlon Brown, Georgia
7. Bryce Brown, Tennessee
8. Alex Okafor, Texas
9. Rueben Randle, LSU
10. Jonathan Bostic, Florida

ncf_u_barkley_288.jpg

Matt Barkley will have a leading role in L.A. in '09.

(Photo by Kirby Lee/Image of Sport/US Presswire)
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]REMEMBER ME: HOUSEHOLD NAMES BY THE END OF SEPTEMBER[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
ncf_g_ingram_288.jpg

Mark Ingram will help the Tide roll this season.

(Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

1. Mark Ingram, Alabama
2. Richard Samuel, Georgia
3. Jason Worilds, Virginia Tech
4. Thaddeus Gibson, Ohio State
5. Russell Wilson, NC State
6. David Ausberry, USC
7. Jewel Hampton, Iowa
8. David Nelson, Florida
9. Detron Lewis, Texas Tech
10. Jarrett Brown, West Virginia
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]RODNEY DANGERFIELDS: PLAYERS WHO DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
1. Aaron Hernandez, Florida
2. Kerry Meier, Kansas
3. Chris Brown, Oklahoma
4. Josh Pinkard, USC
5. Evan Royster, Penn State
6. Josh Nesbitt, Georgia Tech

ncf_g_hernandez_288.jpg

No way the Herbies would overlook Aaron Hernandez.

(Photo by Al Messerschmidt/Getty Images)
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]TEAMS ON THE MOVE[/h4]​
[table][tr][th=""]Movin' On Up[/th] [th=""]Headin' On Down[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1. LSU Tigers[/td] [td]1. Missouri Tigers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish[/td] [td]2. Cincinnati Bearcats[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Clemson Tigers[/td] [td]3. Connecticut Huskies[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. UCLA Bruins[/td] [td]4. Northwestern Wildcats[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Arkansas Razorbacks[/td] [td]5. Boston College Eagles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6. Michigan Wolverines[/td] [td]6. Texas Tech Red Raiders[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]MARK IT DOWN: CONFERENCE PICKS[/h4]​
[table][tr][th=""]Conference[/th] [th=""]Champion[/th] [th=""]Sleeper[/th] [/tr][tr][td]ACC Atlantic[/td] [td]Florida State[/td] [td]NC State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ACC Coastal[/td] [td]Georgia Tech[/td] [td]North Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ACC champ[/td] [td]Georgia Tech[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Big 12 North[/td] [td]Nebraska[/td] [td]Colorado[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Big 12 South[/td] [td]Texas[/td] [td]Oklahoma State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Big 12 champ[/td] [td]Texas[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Big East[/td] [td]Rutgers[/td] [td]West Virginia[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Big Ten[/td] [td]Penn State[/td] [td]Michigan State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pac-10[/td] [td]USC[/td] [td]UCLA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SEC East[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [td]South Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SEC West[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [td]Arkansas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SEC champ[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]C-USA East[/td] [td]Southern Miss[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]C-USA West[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]C-USA champ[/td] [td]Southern Miss[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]MAC East[/td] [td]Temple[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]MAC West[/td] [td]Western Michigan[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]MAC champ[/td] [td]Western Michigan[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]MWC[/td] [td]BYU[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun Belt[/td] [td]Troy[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]WAC[/td] [td]Boise State[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]UP AND COMING ASSISTANTS AND COORDINATORS[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
ncf_u_harsin_288.jpg

Bryan Harsin directs the Boise State offense.

(Photo by Brian Losness/US Presswire)

1. Josh Heupel, Oklahoma
2. Justin Wilcox, Boise State
3. Danny Langsdorf, Oregon State
4. Corwin Brown, Notre Dame
5. Bryan Harsin, Boise State
6. Kirby Smart, Alabama
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]HEAD COACHES IN WAITING[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
1. Brent Venables, Oklahoma
2. Charlie Strong, Florida
3. Kevin Wilson, Oklahoma
4. Tom Bradley, Penn State
5. Gus Malzahn, Auburn

ncf_g_venables_288.jpg

Brent Venables looks like a future head coach.

(Photo by Peter G. Aiken/Getty Images)
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]ALL-UNI TEAM: WHAT A COLLEGE TEAM SHOULD LOOK LIKE[/h4]​
[table][tr][th=""]Offensive Team[/th] [th=""]Defensive Team[/th] [/tr][tr][td]QB - Jake Locker, Washington[/td] [td]DE - Carlos Dunlap, Florida[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RB - C.J. Spiller, Clemson[/td] [td]DE - Thaddeus Gibson, Ohio State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RB - DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma[/td] [td]DT - Jared Odrick, Penn State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RB - Toby Gerhart, Stanford[/td] [td]DT - Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WR - Arrelious Benn, Illinois (captain)[/td] [td]LB - Rolando McClain, Alabama[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WR - Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati[/td] [td]LB - Martez Wilson, Illinois[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WR - Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State[/td] [td]LB - Quan Sturdivant, North Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TE - Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma[/td] [td]LB - Travis Lewis, Oklahoma[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C - Stefen Wisniewski, Penn State[/td] [td]CB - Chykie Brown, Texas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]G - Jeff Byers, USC[/td] [td]CB - Joe Haden, Florida[/td] [/tr][tr][td]G - Mike Johnson, Alabama[/td] [td]S - Eric Berry, Tennessee[/td] [/tr][tr][td]T - Trent Williams, Oklahoma[/td] [td]S - Taylor Mays, USC (captain)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]T - Sam Young, Notre Dame[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]STUDENT BODY RIGHT: BEST STUDENT SECTIONS[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
ncf_g_pennst_288.jpg

Penn State's student section roars to the top.

(Photo by Paul Spinelli/Getty Images)

1. Penn State
2. Florida
3. Oregon
4. LSU
5. Wisconsin
6. Ohio State
7. Notre Dame
8. South Carolina
9. Auburn
10. Michigan
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h4]ROAD TRIP: SITES GAMEDAY MUST GET TO[/h4]​
[table][tr][td]
1. Ole Miss: The Grove
2. Washington: Lake Washington
3. California: Tightwad Hill
4. Boise State: The Blue Turf
5. West Virginia: Country Roads

ncf_g_thegrove_288.jpg

Saturday in the Grove is on the wish list.

(Photo by Scott Burton/Getty Images)
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Kirk Herbstreit is an analyst on ESPN's "College GameDay."

Originally Posted by Newbs24

I heard a story that Taurean punched a kid, threw him off a balcony and then threw a keg at him. Quite possibly the most ridiculous story ever.
I think that was during that whole situation w/ that Frat vs the football team. Where Zook was out there too.

Herbie loves that Stanford back
laugh.gif

What about those top 3 wideouts
eek.gif

ALL will be studs in the L.... save this for truth's next WR thread

this should probably be posted in the recruiting thread but 4 * OLB Chris McCain out of NC committed to the Ducks.

And that's why Michael Crabtree will sign w/ the 49ers and not go in Next Yr.s draft.

And if only Deandre was healthy this year. He'd easily be top 7

And Gilyard > Shipley > Tate

Originally Posted by Fecta23

this should probably be posted in the recruiting thread but 4 * OLB Chris McCain out of NC committed to the Ducks.

think he out of greensboro....thought them dudes was looking at Cal...*shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom