09 Real Deal College Football Discussion/No Homers - Lets geh geh GET IT!

Looks like Forcier is going to get the first series against WMU. RR said if the QB in plays good, he will not get pulled.

National Champs

• Former Nebraska national championship QB Scott Frost is now the wide receivers coach at Oregon. One of his new colleagues: Ducks tight ends and special teams coach Tom Osborne.
nerd.gif

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...el/08/30/mandel.overtime/2.html#ixzz0PmK6slZp

Scott Frosts (the player not poster) mom is a crazy B. Totally OT but just wanted people to know.

Honestly, Florida's passing game isn't me scaring anybody this year.

That's cool, I just wish you were a defensive coordinator.
In 07 it was that Tebow couldn't throw
In 08 it was the defense wasn't good enough
In 09 it is that their WR's are weak
In 10 it'll be that UF will fall apart without Tebow.
Keep proving the haters wrong.
Urban is the best at putting guys in situations to succeed. Rainey, BJ, Deonte, Aaron, Nelson, Demps, Riley are more than enough for Tebow. Especially with thebest D in CFB.

Ive heard from 3 different heads who say without a doubt Jim Grobe is 100% the best coach in America.
He's up there, definitely. I wish he woulda taken the Arkansas Gig

Grobe's teams would be scary with across the board top 25 talent

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

Once again this shows that FLA > OHIO

Well no +%!+.

That's like saying Gold > Rocks.

Ha man you talk a lot of @#!$ about elite programs for coming from the "Paris Hilton of College Football".

eyes.gif

fearthenut wrote:

Well no +%!+.

Ha man you talk a lot of @#!$ about elite programs for coming from the "Paris Hilton of College Football".

some dudes are ridiculous
laugh.gif

i'm pretty sure that most NTers have not, nor ever will play for a college football program.
who cares about people talking crap about elite programs. how do any of us (other than going to the school for academic reasons) have any connection to thefootball program, their successes, and their failures?
people talk a lot of everything for having never played for anybody remotely close to an elite, mediocre, or even terrible program (myself included
eyes.gif
)

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Well no +%!+.

I don't give a +$$! about who the #%$! I follow. I could be an Idaho Vandals fan, and guess what? Ohio State would still find a way to choke away a BCSgame. You act like my fandom affects the outcomes of games and the fact that teams are consistently overrated every year.

I #%$! with Miami fans because they're quite possibly the most uptight group of fans next to the Suckeyes. CP and a few others know it's all jokes, butsome STILL get butthurt.

laugh.gif

I make a joke and I guess some people get really uptight on these forums. Hope I didn't touch a nerve.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Ive heard from 3 different heads who say without a doubt Jim Grobe is 100% the best coach in America.
He's up there, definitely. I wish he woulda taken the Arkansas Gig

Grobe's teams would be scary with across the board top 25 talent

I actually would of loved if he would've came(he was EXTREMELY close to taking the gig), but I am definitely happy with Petrino taking the gig.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Who is Mallet throwing to this year?
DJ Williams, Joe Adams, Greg Childs, Jarius Wright, Michael Smith (out of the backfield) - bolded are theplaymakers

dreClark - been able to catch a couple of practicesbefore I'm off to school, that combination will do damage this year
sick.gif

They gotta put Wingo at receiver... Get playmakers on the damn field..

Originally Posted by dreClark

Is fish still in school?

And what position is Wingo Jr. going to play?
Reggie had a great camp

and Wingo WILL be on the field either at WR or HB(he's 3rd on the depth chart).. son just has another gear, looking like another Darren McFadden out there.

They actually have depth at the receiver and runningback position so him being able to work his way up to 3rd is
pimp.gif

I see him making a lot of noise as a freshman this season in Petrino's offense.

I'm excited about Brandon Mitchell - True Freshman Dual-Threat QB (a late steal), Anthony Leon (all my FSU heads know), David Gordon (Oklahoma HS sprintchamp)

I presume Williams,Childs, Adams and White will start at W, X,Y, and Z ?

You heard anything on Darius Winston?

I'll be checking out some Arky games this year to see Wingo and Winston (If they get burn)
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

I presume Williams,Childs, Adams and White will start at W, X,Y, and Z ?

You heard anything on Darius Winston?

I'll be checking out some Arky games this year to see Wingo and Winston (If they get burn)
pimp.gif

Yeah its Williams,Childs/Crawford, Wright, and Adams ( he had a bad camp and still got the nod, just that talented)
laugh.gif

Looks like Darius Winston is getting the shirt
tired.gif
.. I have no clue asto why, it's what I'm hearing, but he was having a decent camp (got a lot to learn though)

Wingo is going to suprise quite a few people, completely trucked/shook a few cats in spring practice, had me like
sick.gif

Check the Georgia game, first upset (if you would consider it an upset)

Bryce named starter
pimp.gif

Not like we didn't already know CLK had to promise him that to get him there but still. Bout to be the first freshman to win the Heisman.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Bryce named starter
pimp.gif

Not like we didn't already know CLK had to promise him that to get him there but still. Bout to be the first freshman to win the Heisman.
laugh.gif

nuh uh.
hes not the starter. hardesty is.

Bryce is listed on depth chart with hardesty. Montario is the starting RB.
I just hope to God they get him a new facemask. that #$## he practicin is is remedial
mad.gif
laugh.gif

ESPNU college preview is goin hard. talkin to 120 coaches. they hit up Nutt, Clawson (
laugh.gif
) and Butch just now.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Looks like Darius Winston is getting the shirt
tired.gif
.. I have no clue as to why, it's what I'm hearing, but he was having a decent camp (got a lot to learn though)
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Wingo is going to suprise quite a few people, completely trucked/shook a few cats in spring practice, had me like
sick.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

August 31, 2009
[h1]Jernigan makes promise about season[/h1]
Adam Gorney
GatorBait.net

Talk about it in The Tribal Council
LAKE CITY - It was only a preseason kickoff classic but that didn't stop 2011 Lake City Columbia defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan from learning a tough lesson, one he promised not to forget all season.

[table][tr][td]
TIMMYJERNIGAN4_1200.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jernigan said Florida is his No. 1 school at this point.[/td] [/tr][/table]Fort White scored two quick touchdowns late in the fourth quarter as it defeated Columbia, 13-12, and even though it won't count in the record books, Fort White players and students stormed the field in celebration.

Columbia players were clearly upset walking off, some with their heads down, others standing in stunned silence. South Florida running back commit Tiger Powell left the field with his hand covering his face. This did not have the feel of preseason play.

Jernigan, who said Florida is his leader followed by Florida State, stood on his home field and promised he would work harder than ever, admitted he hasn't been working as hard as he should and made a promise akin to Florida quarterback Tim Tebow after the Gators were upset by Ole Miss last season.

"I will take the blame for that," Jernigan said. "I have not been going 110 percent. I have not been the leader of my team. That is my responsibility. Like I told the fans, I'm not Timmy Tebow, I'm Timmy Jernigan. I will push this team for the rest of this year. We will be the hardest-working team in America. We will be.

"That's going to push me. I'm never going to take another play off. I should've stepped up and been a leader. I just can't step into a game at halftime, get my team together, rally my team and make them come out here and destroy somebody. From now on, I make that promise that will never, ever happen again."

The 6-foot-2, 275-pounder made a bunch of plays clogging up the middle and even put some thunderous hits on the Fort White quarterback but maybe not as many as he should have. With his impressive size and talent, Jernigan, considered one of the top juniors in the state, could have made more plays especially late in the game when Fort White staged its comeback.

The Lake City Columbia student section chanted, "Timmy! Timmy!" as Fort White marched downfield, hoping their star player could deliver. It didn't happen and Jernigan said that scenario will not be replayed again.

"In practice, I took plays off, I was not pushing myself the way a player of my status should be pushing himself," Jernigan said. "I just have to push my team to be on my level. When everybody is on the same page and everybody is going, can't nobody touch us.

"I'm a big guy, sucking wind, that was just in practice, I learned my lesson coming out on Fridays and being a Friday night player. Now I'm going to be a player 365. I will push myself and my team the hardest of anyone in America. Anyone."

Said Lake City Columbia coach Craig Howard, who coached Tebow at Jacksonville Nease: "I hope (Jernigan) lives up to that word because if he puts his mind to it he can be the best in America. I had a Timmy that was pretty good at quarterback a few years ago.

"He could be the same at nose tackle. I need him to be the leader of this program. I need him to be the hardest worker in this program. If he does those things, the others will step in."

As far as recruiting, the Gators lead for Jernigan but Florida State is a close second. Michigan, South Florida and UCLA are some of the other programs involved early. Juniors can receive official offers starting Sept. 1. Florida has to like its chances with Jernigan, who has been going to its camp since 7th grade.

"I like coach (Urban) Meyer, real cool guy, we have a really close bond," Jernigan said. "Coach Odell (Haggins) at Florida State we have a close bond.

"… I love coach (Dan) McCarney. He's cool, man. He always has a lot of energy, you never see him sad or moping. He's always high energy. Every time he sees me he almost knocks the skin off my hand. I love coach Mac."

Jernigan said there is no truth he is a silent commit to Florida but that he's "really looking into it," and he said location would not be a factor in his decision.
Kid is a Gate all the way.

And it's a shame
tongue.gif

Probably a top 5 player in the state next year.

Back
Top Bottom