09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

I'll be rooting for Jermain, but i have a feeling Froch will take it. Jermain hasn't looked good in a while, and Froch seems like real deal from whati've seen. I don't have too much faith either way though.

Anyway, Yuriorkis Gamboa and Celestino Caballero are in discussions for a fight later this year. This'll be a huge jump up in class for Gamboa, and a VERYinteresting fight. Celestino is huge and can crack, but was KO'd in 3 by the guy Gamboa just beat back in 2003. Should be a entertaining fight nonetheless.

Edit: And welcome back Shannon, good to be getting back to a full roster of diehards in here.
pimp.gif

tito wants 15 million to fight hopkins
roll.gif

He's gonna get worked over he might as well try and milk it
laugh.gif

Anyway, Yuriorkis Gamboa and Celestino Caballero are in discussions for a fight later this year. This'll be a huge jump up in class for Gamboa, and a VERY interesting fight. Celestino is huge and can crack, but was KO'd in 3 by the guy Gamboa just beat back in 2003. Should be a entertaining fight nonetheless.
I read that today, it'd be an interesting fight. I think Caballero has grown a lot since then technically and Rojas isn't the samefighter he was back then. I was hoping to see Caballero fight JML if he beat Gerry, now THAT would be an all out war.

WEIGHTS FROM PUERTO RICO

By Dong Secuya
PhilBoxing.com
Sat, 25 Apr 2009

lopez-penalosa.weighin.02.300w.jpg

SAN JUAN -- Here are the weights from Puerto Rico during the official weighin held at Teatro Braulio Castillo in Bayamon at 4pm this afternoon. [table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Gerry Penalosa - 121.8 vs Juan Manuel Lopez - 121.5
WBO Super Bantamweight Title - 12 rounds

Willy Blain - 138 vs Lamont Peterson - 140
WBO Super Lightweight Interim Championship

Tyler Hughes - 183.7 vs Carlos Negron - 183.8
4 Rds - 185 lbs

Anthony Napuni - 119.3 vs Juan Mercedes - 118 lbs

Jesus Martinez - 115.8 vs David Quijano - 116.3 lbs

Erick Cruz - 135.8 lbs vs Max Rivera - 135.8 lbs

Christopher Rivera - 136 lbs vs Nelson Casanova - 135.1 lbs

Luis Daniel Colon - 134.6 lbs vs Orlando Felix - 136.1 lbs

Donovan Castaneda - 148.7 lbs vs Jorge Melendez - 150.6 lbs

Andres Navarro - 138.7 lbs vs Enrique Quinonez - 136.9 lbs

Top and below photo: Juan Manuel Lopez (L) of Puerto Rico and Gerry Penalosa of the Philippines come face to face during this afternoon's weighin at Teatro Braulio Castillo in Bayamon. Lopez and Penalosa will clash tomorrow night Lopez's WBO superbantam crown.

lopez-penalosa.weighin.01.300w.jpg

blain-peterson.300w.jpg

Lamont Peterson (L) of Memphis, TN and Willy Blain of Hamburg, Germany who fights in the main undercard tomorrow night, pose after today's weighin.

Photos by Dong Secuya.

anybody watching FNF? Deonte Wilder just murked his dude in the 1st rd. Wilder still has a lot more ironing out to do, but he was getting after it.

Can he be the next great American Heavyweight?!

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

No love for Taylor v. Froch? You chumps are slipping. I'll be there, drunk as hell from watching the draft, but there nonetheless. JT's name is going to ring bells once again.

Welcome back bruh

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

anybody watching FNF? Deonte Wilder just murked his dude in the 1st rd. Wilder still has a lot more ironing out to do, but he was getting after it.

Can he be the next great American Heavyweight?!
Wilder is still VERY raw, but i'm very hopeful. He looks like he has a bit of pop in that right hand has great height and reach, and mostimportantly is consistently in excellent shape. I swear, the last few years i've been almost convinced that any big guy with good coordination could sellthemselves as a heavyweight "prospect" if they simply came in top shape. Now we got a guy with some natural boxing talent AND is in peak condition. Obviously dude has a ton of things to work on. He gives up his height to easily, doesn't snap his jab very well, looks like he could stand to add somemore head movement and defensive tricks in general, etc. However, dude has a great base to work with, and i will be very interested in his development.

^^^Agree with everything. I think this is Wilder's 5th year boxing or something like that?! And to be honest, I like him more than Arreola. And I'mfrom Cali.

looks like cory spinks beat the breaks off dendre lattimore tonight on showtime

im have to catch the replay to see how Devon Alexander looked

EDIT:

the spinks fight was pretty good. dude got droped in the 1st round but out box lattimore to win

his hometown dont even like his asst tho
roll.gif

well that was over quick . Wasn't DeLeon Jr fighting at 175 or 190 a couple yrs ago ? looks like Mike Epps oops Allan Green got a goot win

jt looks way faster that froch

anjd more powerful

has JT ever thrown a body punch in his whole career'?

eek.gif

Frochs chin
He got +#$%@* Nailed again

this mught be over

Back
Top Bottom