09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Lacy Beats Griffin

Light heavyweight contender Jeff "Left Hook" Lacy (25-2, 17 KOs) won a close ten round majority decision over Otis Griffin (19-5-2, 7 KOs) on Friday night at the USF Sun Dome in Tampa, Florida.

It was a competitive fight throughout with former IBF super middleweight champion Lacy winning by scores of 95-95, 96-94, 97-93. After the bout, Lacy called out Roy Jones Jr., who was in attendance.

Lacy shouldn't be picking on old guys let Roy retire peacefully.

roll.gif
@ lacy barely winning a fnf fight then calling out an ancient fighterthat can probably end his career
laugh.gif
jones can beat this bum and trust ihate jones

Well, I'm going to be brave and pick Wright. He'll probably take a lot of punishment since his shell defense probably isn't the best thing againstsomeone like Williams who throws a ton of punches. The thing is that it's hard to land clean punches on Wright and those punches that do get througharen't obvious. I think Wright on the other hand will land a lot of clean punches since Williams does get hit a lot of and Wright is an accurate counterpuncher. I expect it to be close since some will favor Williams' activity but I think Wright will take it on clean punching.

Winky Wright is going to be counting Lights.
he has no chin. thats why he keeps his gloves glued to his face.
Tonite his reflexes will have slowed and the rust will surface.
Goodnight Ronald.

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

I expect it to be close since some will favor Williams' activity but I think Wright will take it on clean punching.

Exactly how I feel

I think Winky's lack of activity is going to allow Paul to steal rounds.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Winky Wright is going to be counting Lights.
he has no chin. thats why he keeps his gloves glued to his face.
Tonite his reflexes will have slowed and the rust will surface.
Goodnight Ronald.
Really? He stood up to Taylor at 160 and Hopkins at 170 without any problem. Even if he does have a poor chin it doesn't seem to mattersince he defense has proven effective.

I still can't get out the image of Quintana teeing off on Williams. Granted they have different styles but I think a crafty vet like Wright can definitelyfigure him out and land at will. Of course there is still the question of ring rust and age but if he's the same fighter who fought Hopkins he's gotthis.

I think this gonna turn out like Terry Norris vs Sugar Ray Leonard.

and yea Pun lost to Quintana but he fought the wrong fight (lackluster at that) it happens.

when he came out sittin on his punches we saw what he did to Carlitos. pobre sito.

so gunna and i the only ones rollin with PW tonight? yall better hope he dont win cause the 2 biggest %$@% talkers on S&T will be poppin offtonight
laugh.gif

Really? He stood up to Taylor at 160 and Hopkins at 170 without any problem. Even if he does have a poor chin it doesn't seem to matter since he defense has proven effective
but both threw so many bombs all night they had winky fighting with his hands down towards the middle rounds of each fight

I'm rollin with Paul easy tonight. Winky hasn't looked good, personally, since the Jermain fight, and he's fighting a young long dude who throws amillion punches. It won't be a shutout, but i say Paul WIDE, like 9-3,10-2 status.

Damn, Joe frazier got a lotta hate in hi heart for Muhammed Ali.
I feel for him, Ali really went hard on him psychologically

I'm ridin w/ Paul too, and Arreola(Ram Pride).

This Ali/Frazier documentary is pretty good so far and it's only 15 minutes in.

damn i never knew ali went extra hard on frazier like this. he lucky he ant get beat down outside of the ring

Big George was the definition of cockstrong , the great days of the heavyweights when they inflicted violence upon each other

ali doc is dumb, he is talking he hates that part of boxing cause they wouldnt stop the fight and someone could get killed but he let ali fight WAY longer thenhe should have to end his career

Back
Top Bottom