09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by TCERDA

I like how pacman is duckin one man and floyd ducks his whole welterweight division. Pacman is chasing fighters above his weight class not chasing fighters 2 weight classes below him. That's like pacman chasin gamboa. Come on people, STOP. Just effin stop it already. This has been goin on too long already

To play devils advocate here, Pacquaio did pick two of the easiest fights to move up in weight and fight and he's making Cotto come down out of his natural147. Not to take away from what he's accomplished just putting that out there.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I like how pacman is duckin one man and floyd ducks his whole welterweight division. Pacman is chasing fighters above his weight class not chasing fighters 2 weight classes below him. That's like pacman chasin gamboa. Come on people, STOP. Just effin stop it already. This has been goin on too long already

To play devils advocate here, Pacquaio did pick two of the easiest fights to move up in weight and fight and he's making Cotto come down out of his natural 147. Not to take away from what he's accomplished just putting that out there.
Hindsight is 20/20 unless you were the .01% picking Pac to beat De La Hoya and even though Hatton wasn't that great, he was not the easiestfight @ 140. The performance just made it look easy.

Exactly, Pacquiao has only fought the exact same fighters as Floyd over the last 2 years.

DLH, Hatton and JMM.

Can't wait to see Floyd pick apart Manny.

Mayweather needs to fight Shane now though. If hes serious about that legacy talk...he needs to beat Shane while he still has fight left in him.

To play devils advocate here, Pacquaio did pick two of the easiest fights to move up in weight and fight and he's making Cotto come down out of his natural 147. Not to take away from what he's accomplished just putting that out there.

Totally respect ur opinion. But floyd made ricky hatton move up 7 pounds from his natural weight class and marquez really 3 weight classes and all of a suddenhe's the greatest thing since sliced bread. When pacquiao makes a dude drop 1 pound from his previous fight, dude gets bashed. People on here just gethypnotized by floyds mouth. It simply amazes me.

laugh.gif
You dudes are counting a washed up Oscar and Ricky the most overrated fighter of all time Hatton as marquee wins huh

Originally Posted by kicks4days

Hindsight is 20/20 unless you were the .01% picking Pac to beat De La Hoya and even though Hatton wasn't that great, he was not the easiest fight @ 140. The performance just made it look easy.

I guess I fall into that .01% cause I picked Manny to wipe the mat with Oscar ever since they announced the fight

Dude, its Friday. Relax.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Dude, its Friday. Relax.

You're right. I'm out

Hindsight is 20/20 unless you were the .01% picking Pac to beat De La Hoya and even though Hatton wasn't that great, he was not the easiest fight @ 140. The performance just made it look easy.

laugh.gif
You should look back at that post I think only Mike was pick DLH, Iremember saying the only way he'd win is if he landed one of those big left hooks.

Ricky was broken goods by then man any of the beltholders at 140 would have put up a better fight. I believe it was Bradley, Alexander and the dude Khan justbeat. The first two have excellent head movement and are very quick and the dude Khan beat for the belt had a great chin and a power puncher. I believe allcould have put up a better fight than Ricky.

But floyd made ricky hatton move up 7 pounds from his natural weight class and marquez really 3 weight classes and all of a sudden he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. When pacquiao makes a dude drop 1 pound from his previous fight, dude gets bashed. People on here just get hypnotized by floyds mouth. It simply amazes me.
Remember, Hatton called Floyd out after his first fight at 147. Floyd had never mentioned Ricky before that. Marquez called out Floyd to alesser extent after the Diaz fight as well. Floyd never called them out to fight. People seem to forget that. Pac making Cotto come down to 145 is big sinceCotto moved to 147 for the mere fact that he couldn't make it to 140 anymore.

laugh.gif
You should look back at that post I think only Mike was pick DLH, I remember saying the only way he'd win is if he landed one of those big left hooks.

Ricky was broken goods by then man any of the beltholders at 140 would have put up a better fight. I believe it was Bradley, Alexander and the dude Khan just beat. The first two have excellent head movement and are very quick and the dude Khan beat for the belt had a great chin and a power puncher. I believe all could have put up a better fight than Ricky.

Yah, the only one i remember picking Pac against Hoya was Gunna.
Anyway, i dont know about Bradley putting a better fight than Hatton. But youre right he does have head movement. That thang is a battering ram always cuttingup dudes left and right. The dirtiest fighter @ 140

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Aint this dude from Rawkus Records...That boy Floyd mad
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
LOL just about to post this.� Dude speaks nothing but the truth CMON FLOYD YOU NOT FOOLIN NO ONE

What I don't get is people are discrediting Pacs wins over Hatton and Oscar but they don't want to discredit Floyd for the same thing

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

What I don't get is people are discrediting Pacs wins over Hatton and Oscar but they don't want to discredit Floyd for the same thing
Just stop with this.

They do.

^^PBF and Manny fought 2 different Oscars my dude. DLH skills were somewhat diminished when he fought Floyd, but by the time he fought Manny he was completelyshot. In addition to that, the weight he lost to fight Manny totally drained him. Just go look at the fight and it's clear as day that Oscar wasn't thesame cat in Dec 08 as he was in May 07, hell even looked like %%%% when fought Stevie Forbes in May 08.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

That was a damn good interview. RA was on point until he tried defending the Zab loss at the end.

Judah was still in his "prime" when he fought Floyd. The Baldomir loss meant nothing, Floyd is simply the better boxer.

That was exactly what he needed to hear though. He has to fight a legitimate opponent in his next fight.

Super Six in Dawson's future? Probably not

Saturday, October 31, 2009 | Print Entry

Although Jermain Taylor's status in Showtime's Super Six World Boxing Classic super middleweight tournament remains up in the air after he suffered a crushing 12th-round knockout loss to Arthur Abraham on Oct. 17, most insiders believe the former middleweight champion will drop out of the six-man field. Taylor has been brutally knocked out in three of his last five fights and, if he does exit, former two-time light heavyweight titlist Chad Dawson (28-0, 17 KOs) would love to join the party.

Just don't count on it. More on that in a minute.

Of course, for the remote possibility to become reality Dawson first must take care of business in his rematch against former champ Glen Johnson on Nov. 7 (HBO) at the X-Cel Center in Hartford, Conn. Dawson won a highly competitive decision in their all-action first fight last year. Now, they're meeting again for a vacant interim 175-pound title. However, Dawson spent much of his career in the 168-pound super middleweight division and said he'd have no problem getting back down to the weight.

"[Making] 168 is no problem," he said. "I never had any problem making 175. Sometimes I came in at 172 or 173. Making 168 is not that difficult for me."

Obviously, Dawson's credentials are far superior to those of Allan Green, who is the likely first alternate.

At light heavyweight, Dawson has little to look forward to in the way of a marquee match. Jean Pascal, the exciting titleholder from Canada would be an excellent fight, but Pascal is not known in the United States. Titleholder Tavoris Cloud remains a virtual unknown. The winner of a rematch between Roy Jones and Bernard Hopkins would obviously be a big deal, but couldn't happen until at least next summer.

At cruiserweight, there's not much for Dawson either, especially considering he already owns a clear victory against champion Tomasz Adamek at light heavyweight.

The point is, Dawson is stuck without a notable dance partner in his own division or the next one up. So what about moving down for the tournament?

"I think it's a great idea," Dawson said. "If Jermain Taylor does happen to drop out, I'd love to take his spot. (But) I'm not really thinking about the tournament. I gotta worry about Glen Johnson."

This is all fun speculation but the reality is that even if Showtime wanted Dawson to fill a potential opening, it's not that simple.

HBO, which will televise the Dawson-Johnson rematch, has Dawson under contract for the fight and has a first/last option on his next fight.

"He is on HBO right now and Super Six is on Showtime," said Gary Shaw, Dawson's promoter. "HBO has a first and last on Chad Dawson. I know he would be welcomed into the tournament and I believe he would win it convincingly, even though I also have Andre Dirrell [in the six-man field], who is a young fighter. We have to wait until this fight is over. Then we'll sit down with HBO and hear their offer for 2010."

You can be sure HBO will come up with something for Dawson, which it signed with much fanfare. I would be stunned if HBO allowed him to walk away to go to rival Showtime, especially to join a tournament that has received so praise from fans and media while leaving HBO, which has much deeper pockets, with egg on its face for not being the network to come up with the exciting and innovative Super Six.

I'd love to see Chad/Paul at 168 but I got a feeling Chad would annihilate him
laugh.gif

Anyone watching this domination right now?

Valero would blow out both of these dudes in the 2nd round.

Finally over, bring on the big boys.

Perez almost had Agbeko down in the 1st. This dude is fighting well so far. Looks like I'm alone in watching this one
laugh.gif

Yall missing out.

damn, no boxing here in our local cable or else i'd be watching
laugh.gif
They just keep replaying Pac/Hatton Pac/Oscar and Pac/Diaz ... enough already
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom