🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

The diss is wack period! Do you listen to takeover or ether on a daily basis? There incredible diss records but I'm not about to play them all the time if ever.

I'm disappointed in Buddens for this diss. Maybe he has insider information about Drake sneak dissing him on the low, but this is way left field. He was just praising him 2-3 weeks ago but now it's F Drake? I don't get it.

The track is to cluttered, to many words in the way of the hard hitting punchlines. Go back and listen to takeover/ether listen to how clear and easy it is to decipher the lyrics. This is not that, it's completely messy along with the overpowered beat.

Joe better hope Drake chills and doesn't reply because he (or the ovo sweatshop) will cook him with a very clear and witty diss, hitting multiple points where I'm not left scratching my head. Plus his beat will be better!

Budden isn't hating on him, he's doing this to get rappers to rap again, something these guys ain't doing but :smh: at the bolded statement. this is why i can't take people seriously when they say things like this.

Last edited:
It's interesting that Joe said he was told that Drake dissed him on that song and he was told what was said on the song BUT it was supposed to be out already so maybe Drake isn't going to diss him now.

Also says that there were ZERO shots at Jay, people not understanding his Jay lines.

This is the warning, not the diss song. Hopefully he gotta better beat if he does release an official diss song.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHA at Boi1da texting Joe saying you making it hard for us to work together again.

Last edited:
Yeah the Jay lines he was basically saying "I'll handle this lil ***** for you Hov", at least that's what I took from it.

When Joe said Drake started a trend being a groupie for groupies I legit did the weebey gif

na joe went in. And I liked how he put everything together, from start to finish...kinda like a storyline.

Look, this ain't promotional, you just emotional
No doubt you got Starbucks, with all that Joe in you

:lol:

Decided to give this a listen.

First off, I refuse to believe Arab Muzik produced that. He been giving Fab some fire a while but that beat is terrible. :x

Joe's delivery sound terrible. This whole song sounded like some "We was friends but now we not no more". I still don't get why he think Drake dissed him. :lol:

Then he said he'll handle Hov's work. I seriously doubt Hov is thinking bout a Joe Budden. I love diss records. Its what hip hop is about but I don't get this one. :lol:

I ain't know Joe smashed Bria too. That man got one of the best list ever.

Hearing Joe say that while he was in the studio recording this song, mad rappers were hitting him up saying they support him and love it but they just can't do it themselves was pretty interesting. I'e been saying for at least a couple years now that no one ***** with Drake. They just fake the funk in case they need a feature or something along those lines.

Meek scared or nah?

Cassidy's two 6+ minute disses to Meek were so much harder than this, including having way better beats. I'm looking up AraabMuzik's production credits right now and I'm struggling to find 5 beats I actually like.

Cassidy's two 6+ minute disses to Meek were so much harder than this, including having way better beats. I'm looking up AraabMuzik's production credits right now and I'm struggling to find 5 beats I actually like.

Check Fab's Soul Tapes.

This does remind of the Cassidy/Meek thing. I'm just not tryna hear C-level early 00's rappers dissing just to diss.

Last edited:
The diss is wack period! Do you listen to takeover or ether on a daily basis? There incredible diss records but I'm not about to play them all the time if ever.

I'm disappointed in Buddens for this diss. Maybe he has insider information about Drake sneak dissing him on the low, but this is way left field. He was just praising him 2-3 weeks ago but now it's F Drake? I don't get it.

The track is to cluttered, to many words in the way of the hard hitting punchlines. Go back and listen to takeover/ether listen to how clear and easy it is to decipher the lyrics. This is not that, it's completely messy along with the overpowered beat.

Joe better hope Drake chills and doesn't reply because he (or the ovo sweatshop) will cook him with a very clear and witty diss, hitting multiple points where I'm not left scratching my head. Plus his beat will be better!

Okay so you want to compare takeover and ether to Joeys diss song? Let's compare back to back to takeover or ether. You really think those bars from Drake would take out two juggernauts? Those bars was lite.

Back to back is so overrated. The funny thing is Cassidy literally destroyed Meek maybe a year prior with a disgusting ether type song but I guess since he's not popular nobody cared or even remembers

The difference between Joe and Drake is Joe is battle tested he really does this battle **** and he's undefeated

Drake went from you diss you won't here a reply to it to picking an easy lay-up with the meek battle.

Pusha Ton been knocking on that door Drake pretending he not at home. Joe Budden is in the house

Hearing Joe say that while he was in the studio recording this song, mad rappers were hitting him up saying they support him and love it but they just can't do it themselves was pretty interesting. I'e been saying for at least a couple years now that no one ***** with Drake. They just fake the funk in case they need a feature or something along those lines.

The boy got the entire industry shook :pimp:

But nah if Drizzy even waste a bar on this he crazy.. Joe is really making something out of thin air and its pitiful. This ain't even close to the actions Meek took, at least he felt he had something to say before he got ethered. Budden really upset over a subliminal this just brings up memories of Stay Schemin and how dudes take offense to a line that may not even be about them.

1da really set it straight.. this is all marketing on Budden's behalf. Son really can't be that delusional :smh:

Okay so you want to compare takeover and ether to Joeys diss song? Let's compare back to back to takeover or ether. You really think those bars from Drake would take out two juggernauts? Those bars was lite.

Back to back is so overrated. The funny thing is Cassidy literally destroyed Meek maybe a year prior with a disgusting ether type song but I guess since he's not popular nobody cared or even remembers

The difference between Joe and Drake is Joe is battle tested he really does this battle **** and he's undefeated

Drake went from you diss you won't here a reply to it to picking an easy lay-up with the meek battle.

Pusha Ton been knocking on that door Drake pretending he not at home. Joe Budden is in the house
Speak it then. Son does pick his battles. Joe is the kind of rapper that can take his head off Cuz he got nothing to lose so the machine and fans can't kill a career that doesn't exist. My thing is Joe did so much **** sucking that he not the guy I wanna hear say it. If u listen to the song, he went at dude right, bars were on point and seemed like he was holding back a bit. I would respect it more if he just came at son off the strength of him having writers or wave writing and not being emotional like him. I'm always down for 3 rounds tho, rap too nice nowadays, dudes got emotional about control so that tells u the times we in.

Speak it then. Son does pick his battles. Joe is the kind of rapper that can take his head off Cuz he got nothing to lose so the machine and fans can't kill a career that doesn't exist. My thing is Joe did so much **** sucking that he not the guy I wanna hear say it. If u listen to the song, he went at dude right, bars were on point and seemed like he was holding back a bit. I would respect it more if he just came at son off the strength of him having writers or wave writing and not being emotional like him. I'm always down for 3 rounds tho, rap too nice nowadays, dudes got emotional about control so that tells u the times we in.

That's what it sounds like to me. He went at him on some "I thought we was friends" ****. He sounds emotional. How Drake sounded on the radio after the Control thing.

Budden literally said at the beginning he had nothing to lose. Regardless if he's relevant or not the lyrics are nice and he did have substance.

I hate how people say meek was an easy target [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Same dudes who were saying "meek is a battle rapper" "drake bout to get ethered" when it all first started

Most didn't expect Drake to win that .... It was just such a flawless victory everybody switched sides and start saying "well meek an easy Lick , bet he can't do that to XYZ"

I hate how people say meek was an easy target [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Same dudes who were saying "meek is a battle rapper" "drake bout to get ethered" when it all first started

Most didn't expect Drake to win that .... It was just such a flawless victory everybody switched sides and start saying "well meek an easy Lick , bet he can't do that to XYZ"
Idk who here thought that after the Cassidy thing. That whole Philly rappers being battle rappers don't = making diss songs. Them dudes just rap back n forth about how many bodies they caught etc. Drake was holier than though and too good to respond until he seen meek. Not even so much that he's a way better rapper than Meek he's just wayyyyyy smarter. They had all their moves down and Meek played into every one of em. He needs a better circle, too many yes men.

Back
Top Bottom