🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Nah I can believe it. Son signed to Apple and it's not like he dropped a rap album. If it were what a time then I'd call duck tales but a pop album selling like that is no surprise especially with apple behind him.
Exactly :lol: .  I mean, son a few pages back said he bought the album before he even listened to it :rofl: .  Drake's stan following is extremely strong, right now.
Wait I'm confused. You have to buy an album before hearing it (in a piracy free world). This doesn't seem that far fetched to me or a reason to bring up Stannery
Don't play dumb.  You know damn well most people are either DL'ing the album, or streaming on one of the services before they actually buy it.  The only time I hear about people buying an album before listening to it, it's usually women who are tech-slow, and don't know how to find links, or still use  Pandora.

As far as stanning goes, buying someones album before you even hear it is definitely a stan action.  You're basically slurping dude so hard that you'll buy anything he puts out, regardless if it's good or not.  If that isn't some stan ****, then idk what is.
This is the same website where people constantly spam for links whenever something leaks. The general population is NOT Internet savvy. You're giving them too much credit. Some people's only option is to just buy it.

Nah I can believe it. Son signed to Apple and it's not like he dropped a rap album. If it were what a time then I'd call duck tales but a pop album selling like that is no surprise especially with apple behind him.
Exactly 
laugh.gif
.  I mean, son a few pages back said he bought the album before he even listened to it 
roll.gif
.  Drake's stan following is extremely strong, right now.
Wait I'm confused. You have to buy an album before hearing it (in a piracy free world). This doesn't seem that far fetched to me or a reason to bring up Stannery
Don't play dumb.  You know damn well most people are either DL'ing the album, or streaming on one of the services before they actually buy it.  The only time I hear about people buying an album before listening to it, it's usually women who are tech-slow, and don't know how to find links, or still use  Pandora.

As far as stanning goes, buying someones album before you even hear it is definitely a stan action.  You're basically slurping dude so hard that you'll buy anything he puts out, regardless if it's good or not.  If that isn't some stan ****, then idk what is.
This is the same website where people constantly spam for links whenever something leaks. The general population is NOT Internet savvy. You're giving them too much credit. Some people's only option is to just buy it.
You just proved my point 
laugh.gif
.  They're spamming for links because they're not dumb (or stan) enough to buy the album before they actually hear it.

Last edited:

Im not seeing what's dumb about this comment. I agree 100%

Y'all know damn well you gon peep the album out before you buy it, unless your a Stan. For example I would buy Hov's album before listening to it, and that's because I'm a Stan.

Anything pusha t puts out I'm copping regardless but I still listen before I cop. I'm a stan tho so, I guess I'm proving his point.

While there is a flock of Drake riders in here I see no problem with buying a album before hearing it. I mean that's how **** used to be. I didn't hear Blueprint or Trap Muzik before buying 'em. Right now I would buy a Big Krit, Nipsey Hussle, Kendrick album before hearing it.

I don't know why you keep giving this **** a reaction :lol:

I feel you. But that only works when everybody is ignoring it...which never happens so we gotta read thru trash posts every day :smh:

Anyways how the hell is that stanning? Lmao

Drake is on what his 4th album?...like 8th or so project total...he's never disappointed. It's more-so you trust that he's gonna put out music you like... It's not rocket science. ***** wrote a paragraph talkin about its women and stans who do it :lol: only in a Drake thread I tell you

Drake is on what his 4th album?...like 8th or so project total...he's never disappointed.
And that's your stan opinion.  That isn't exact fact.  FOH talking about a paragraph too.

Last edited:
I'm buying GFK and KRIT stuff without listening. Every else gets the Amazon preview treatment though, and that's saved me a whole lot of money and wasted time, aka Views :rofl:

Last edited:
I'm saying you're saying it like the dude just came out yesterday. He's built up a fanbase...if you generally like his music it makes sense to assume you will like (x) album.

When ppl buy tickets to a game, kobe isn't guaranteed to put up 30...but **** you're a fan of the guy, you're not even thinking he's gonna dissapoint...otherwise you wouldn't be a fan... It's common sense

Is this your first time on NT? In this thread? You don't remember ppl posting pickup pictures of albums On release day? Or ppl who wait to not hear the album at all until they buy it?

laugh.gif
 I have my own "dumb" opinion on why people flock to stores to get physical copies, or cop on Itunes as soon as it drops, but I don't want to derail this thread more (I've done way too much as is).  People waiting til the album drops to listen to it:  I can't really call that.  People have different reasons for doing that.  Some just want to judge it as a complete project.  Others?  Who knows.

All I'm saying is this:  In 2016 where you have streaming services, as well as rap blogs streaming albums the day they release, most people are hearing that album at least once before they're copping.  You shelving out that $12-$15 before you even hear it?  Well you must be a big st.........fan of said artist.  

Just like you've seen people cop before listening, you've also seen people ask for the leak, and say they'll buy if they like it, but just want to hear it first.

Last edited:
I'm saying you're saying it like the dude just came out yesterday. He's built up a fanbase...if you generally like his music it makes sense to assume you will like (x) album.

When ppl buy tickets to a game, kobe isn't guaranteed to put up 30...but **** you're a fan of the guy, you're not even thinking he's gonna dissapoint...otherwise you wouldn't be a fan... It's common sense

Is this your first time on NT? In this thread? You don't remember ppl posting pickup pictures of albums On release day? Or ppl who wait to not hear the album at all until they buy it?

This.

:lol:  I have my own "dumb" opinion on why people flock to stores to get physical copies, or cop on Itunes as soon as it drops, but I don't want to derail this thread more (I've done way too much as is).  People waiting til the album drops to listen to it:  I can't really call that.  People have different reasons for doing that.  Some just want to judge it as a complete project.  Others?  Who knows.

All I'm saying is this:  In 2016 where you have streaming services, as well as rap blogs streaming albums the day they release, most people are hearing that album at least once before they're copping.  You shelving out that $12-$15 before you even hear it?  Well you must be a big st.........fan of said artist.  

Just like you've seen people cop before listening, you've also seen people ask for the leak, and say they'll buy if they like it, but just want to hear it first.

Point made but we have to accept that everything in life including music is subjective. An artist on the caliber of Drake will get sales based of his reputation.

Despite the lukewarm response critically towards VIews it's clear that more ppl like his music more than ever.

Last edited:

Exactly 
laugh.gif
.  I mean, son a few pages back said he bought the album before he even listened to it 
roll.gif
.  Drake's stan following is extremely strong, right now.
I know its hard to believe but at one point in time people used to actually buy albums before hearing the full thing. I swear some of ya'll don't even try anymore.

Last edited:
I've always had a set list artists that are auto copped 1st day 1 without any listens.

I thought this was normal lol.

Thread jack, who is on your list where u cop without listening?

:lol: @ "thread jacking" a 814 page thread. This is a tangent, b. Like we go off on damn near every two pages.

I don't think I'm willing to cop anyone's music without listening to it first anymore though. I'm way too plugged up with ways to get music for that.

Thread jack, who is on your list where u cop without listening?

GFK
Krit
Juicy J

Thank God for streaming though, cause that really has saved me from being pissed and wasting money, even with stuff from artists I'm a fan of. I still want my money back from Joe Budden and Shawnna's debuts.

Last edited:
Over a billion streams?

You mogs need to stop falling asleep at your computer and letting the streams loop over night

Back
Top Bottom