⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
if good numbers on a bad team were the excuse to keep brad beal and devin booker off of all star teams in years past, why is slovenian brodie #2 in all star voting in the west?

It's too early in his career for Luka to be getting this type of slander. This is literally his third year in the league and people are already calling him an overrated stat padder?

The difference between Luka and Beal and Russ is the fact that those guys have been in the league for much longer. If Luka is still putting up hollow numbers in year 6 or 7, then of course we should slander him but Luka is at the stage where he's figuring his game out, figuring out how to take care of his body and lead a team.

250F705F-6A74-4803-9045-5C75EECDDF93.jpeg

Dying on a Croc Rondo hill, why?

why not ?

yall stay bashing the dude for not shooting/scoring the ball yet im constantly in here explaining that he has a bigger role than just scoring on this team

Sixers are lost with out him and it shows not only on the defense end but very big on the offense. The team is built around both not just embiid

sixers role players aint the best at creating shots, simmons helps in that area when he controls the ball

and ill continue dying on this hill

It's too early in his career for Luka to be getting this type of slander. This is literally his third year in the league and people are already calling him an overrated stat padder?

The difference between Luka and Beal and Russ is the fact that those guys have been in the league for much longer. If Luka is still putting up hollow numbers in year 6 or 7, then of course we should slander him but Luka is at the stage where he's figuring his game out, figuring out how to take care of his body and lead a team.

I don't think anyone is serious but it's inexcusable that he was that out of shape. I don't care if the season started earlier than expected, stop doing cheesecake shots.

I don't think anyone is serious but it's inexcusable that he was that out of shape. I don't care if the season started earlier than expected, stop doing cheesecake shots.
100% and that's where this year needs to be transformational...

He's got to LEAD in that way. Needs to carry himself differently.

I couldn't care less about the *****ing at refs - people blow that outta proportion like they don't watch other star players ***** and flop and flail hunting for calls all night long, too.

But his body language has sucked for the last month. Nut up, puff your chest out, and lead. I don't think he's doing a lot of that right now.

Last edited:

it's just banter man. it comes with the territory of being in the preseason mvp conversation and now the mavs being the 6th worst team in the league.

on a serious note though, he has to stop chucking 3s. he's not a good 3 point shooter. he's a 2 motion shooter brings the ball back way further than he should. he needs to be working on his mechanics if he's going to continue to shoot 7+ 3s a game for the next 10 years. it's probably even more frustrating for mavs fans because luka is legit one of the best pick and roll ballhandlers i've ever seen. his tempo/pace, body control, and vision make him a nightmare but he just falls in love with that 3.

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE

Good Morning.

Xavier Newsletter #206 is LIVE! Download #206 and access the full newsletter archive at:

Newsletter #205 Features:
10 New 5 Out Man Offense Sets we've recently added to our playbook.
Quick Scouting Terminology Breakdown.

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE

Good Morning.

Xavier Newsletter #206 is LIVE! Download #206 and access the full newsletter archive at:

Newsletter #205 Features:
10 New 5 Out Man Offense Sets we've recently added to our playbook.
Quick Scouting Terminology Breakdown.

on a serious note though, he has to stop chucking 3s. he's not a good 3 point shooter. he's a 2 motion shooter brings the ball back way further than he should. he needs to be working on his mechanics if he's going to continue to shoot 7+ 3s a game for the next 10 years. it's probably even more frustrating for mavs fans because luka is legit one of the best pick and roll ballhandlers i've ever seen. his tempo/pace, body control, and vision make him a nightmare but he just falls in love with that 3.
I get he's gotta chuck a little bit at some level right now just to keep defenses honest, but yeah, it's frustrating. But we can't slander Ben for never shooting and ***** about Luka shooting. Is it really gonna make a difference if he shoots 4 or 5 instead of 7?

I'm less worried about his upper body on jumpers than I am his lower body. His footwork is rough shooting the ball off the dribble. I don't know if this is quantifiable, but he's also gotta be near or at the very top of the list in level of difficulty. He's always contested. He's almost always shooting from way beyond the line. Everything is off the dribble - almost nothing in catch and shoot situations.

I hated the idea of maxing out Kemba or Jimmy last offseason, but I do think that prototype is a huge issue on this roster and a little bit of what he needs. Just someone else who can take the ball for stretches and make plays, and he can play off them. Would help a ton.

Speaks to how good the Nets are on offense that they are #5 in net rating despite being so bad on defense. Just merely getting to mediocre on defense and they might run away with the East.

Slept on it and I think pelle and shump will give them a decent boost on that end. They might at least be respectable

I think by the percentages, Luke is about average on those contested threes. It's the open threes that really drag his percentages.

why not ?

yall stay bashing the dude for not shooting/scoring the ball yet im constantly in here explaining that he has a bigger role than just scoring on this team

Sixers are lost with out him and it shows not only on the defense end but very big on the offense. The team is built around both not just embiid

sixers role players aint the best at creating shots, simmons helps in that area when he controls the ball

Croc Rondo is a role player too at this point. Just a high level one.

why not ?

I am quite happy Doc was able to filter out all the media talk in Ben's head and let him play his game. Unlike our previous coach "oNe tHrEe A gAme" none-sense.

I am more content with ben this year that any other year because he is focused on what he is instead of what he is not.

Interesting how every team Josh Richardson leaves gets better instantly

Everyone was so high on him during his Miami days, the year after year improvements were encouraging. But now he is being outplayed by THJ and it seems that last year in Miami was his peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom