⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Richardson just plateaued at 25. Nothing wrong with that considering he came into the league older than nearly everyone.

Josh RIchardson 's entire career is him playing with house money.

He wasn't "supposed" to have been this good. (Let the experts tell it).

Obi topspin... really Jordan brand?

i love the expansión over the years... but i remember the og jb members

I think by the percentages, Luke is about average on those contested threes. It's the open threes that really drag his percentages.

0BB4EC0D-69E3-43BE-B250-F8260F484599.jpeg
0B7C19EB-CA14-494F-B871-4DD920648D63.jpeg
06A55D16-57F8-467F-9E46-28BDEE39D47C.jpeg

Luka is like Lamelo a bit,

he relies too much on feel and rhythm for his jumper
and not enough on repetition and compact mechanics.

Just feels like something needs to change and this group of guys isn't responding to whatever Carlisle's got going on.

They're in a fortunate position this offseason where they'll have some flexibility to shuffle the roster relatively quickly.

Kristaps was unbelievable in the bubble. He feels like he's slowly getting his legs back under him - I think long-term he's fine and can be a 2a/2b kinda guy.

But they didn't really have anybody else that could dribble last year and they had the most efficient offense in history. Seth Curry makes this level of difference? Not a chance. Everything else is the same basically.

This year DOES need to be a wakeup for Luka at some level. Can't come back from a 4-5 month layoff out of shape. Body language has been **** - granted it's the first time he's ever lost like this - but he's gotta nut up.
i honestly feel like kristaps should be a great 3rd option. Feels like they could be using James Johnson more as a playmaker instead of playing big by committee. Donovan lucked up into play Thad young as a playmaking 5 and it’s helped the bulls out a lot.

to keep it a buck a lot of those bubble ballers came back to life this season : murray, KP, the Miami Heat.
Dirty little secret about KP isn't his offense it's his defense.

He can't guard a scoring big or guard a 4 who can handle the ball and drive.

As great as "bubble" KP was we were below .500 and only beat bad teams.

A healthy KP is at best a third option.

Carlisle also needs a change of scenery, he's no Popovich for sure and even the latter had to adapt after his OGs retired from the game. Carlisle peaked in the early '10s after the Championship and has been looking very average since then.

When you look at the second options on championship contenders, you'll see that KP ain't it:

Boston- Brown
Lakers- AD
Clippers- PG
Nets-Harden
Jazz- Gobert (although it's more of a team effort with them)
Miami- Bam

giphy.gif
3F027775-F8ED-48FC-BC55-CC9564341F37.jpeg

It's a money grab by the NBA. Not worth the risk. Especially having it in ATL.

I was thinking that too...but to put things into perspective, sports in general is money grab. So an NBA championship is not less nor more essential than the ASG. But the whole idea of the NBA not allowing swapping jerseys then having an ASG is giving a very inconsistent msg.

I was thinking that too...but to put things into perspective, sports in general is money grab. So an NBA championship is not less nor more essential than the ASG. But the whole idea of the NBA not allowing swapping jerseys then having an ASG is giving a very inconsistent msg.

It's a profession though. Regular season & playoff games are essential, while an ASG is simply highlighting the best/most popular players. Under current circumstances, it isn't necessary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom